Hotels.bootsnall.com

November 30, 2009

Christmas Celebrations in Manila: An Alternative for the Budget Traveler

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 7:07 am

manilaOnce, Manila was considered the most beautiful city in Asia but it was almost completely destroyed during the World War II. It was rebuilt since then and managed to keep some of its old historic charm. Today, the cosmopolitan capital of the Philippines offers a blend of cultures and flowers which charms every visitor.

Intramuros, the historic center of the oldest district in Manila, comprises the walls, gates and fortifications dating back to the 16th century. Fort Santiago is the former military headquarters of the Spanish colonial government. It did sustain heavy damage in the past, but it has been restored and is now a major landmark and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Manila. Charming plazas, museums and churches complete the scenery and offer a lot of things to do and visit.

Planning the budget

Asia is known as a budget-friendly destination and there isn’t much need to consider an all inclusive vacation package when you plan your vacation here.

Finding cheap flights to Manila is not hard at all, no matter when you plan to visit the city. The airport serving Manila is the main one in the country and a hub for Philippines Airlines, so make sure to start the search by looking at their special offers.

The city is large and there are many excellent districts where you can find cheap hotels in Manila . Ideally, you should start by looking at places located within the Intramuros, where the main tourist attractions are. Also, the neighborhoods of Ermita, Malate and Sampaloc are very good choices.

Things to do in Manila

Since the majority of the locals are Christians, the entire month of December is dedicated to the Christmas celebrations. Traditional holiday celebrations as well as religious services offer a complete picture of what it’s like to celebrate Christmas in Manila.

Feast of the Black Nazarene takes place on January 9 and is one of the most spectacular religious events taking place in Manila. The procession takes place in the district of Quiapo. The life size image of the Black Nazarene shows a “black” Jesus carrying a cross. The statue was brought to Manila by a Spanish priest in 1607 aboard a ship but the ship caught fire and hence, the statue became known as the Black Nazarene.

Where to stay

Do remember that the time before Christmas (and after) is considered high season so there will be tourists wanting to attend the festivities. Plus, it’s one of the best times to visit the city, as the weather is dry so it’s a good idea to plan your vacation at least a bit in advance.

Manila Bay Hostel is overlooking Manila Bay and park. It is also very close to the Intramuros. All rooms have private bathrooms and there is cable TV available for the guests as well. There’s AC within the property. The linen is included in the room price. Room rates start at US$10 per bed in a twin private room. Please note that the hostel books up very quickly and it’s advisable to make reservations in advance.

Oasis Park Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Manila. It offers 50 rooms, swimming pool, spa and courtyard. All rooms have AC and TV. There’s free wi-fi available within the hotel. Room rates start at US$36 per night for an economy hotel room.

Casa Nicarosa Hotel is located in the heart of Manila and offers rooms for all types of travelers. All rooms have private bathroom, TV and AC. Free breakfast is offered daily. Room rates start at US$24.50 per bed in a standard double room.

Oceanside Residence is located on Roxas Boulevard. The one-bedroom flats have balcony overlooking Manila Bay, kitchen, 2 toilets, dining area and TV. Room rates start at US$33.40 per night per person (max 4 persons per room).

Green Mango Inn is located in new part of city in Metro Manila in a gated neighborhood, with close access to restaurants and bars. There’s free wi-fi available for the guests. The kitchen can be used by guests but there is 50 pesos per day fee for using the cooking oil and other condiments. Room rates start at US$9 per night per person in a twin private room, bathroom on suite.

link gacor

November 25, 2009

Paris Getaway 2010 from $598

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 10:01 am

ParisParis… the City of Lights… the most romantic city in the world has ranked high among travelers’ preferences for decades. Usually when we plan a vacation here, we start to cringe at the idea of how much the entire deal will cost. Thankfully though, there are excellent deals available and all you need to do is grab them while there’s still time. Paris Getaway 2010, 5 days in Paris from $598

The price doesn’t include the transatlantic flight but includes: buffet breakfast, welcome pack (which includes a map), discounts at department stores and sightseeing included in the itinerary. Departures start in mid-March 2010.

Austria ski vacations

Those who prefer an active vacation on the slopes, can choose Austria for a week in March 2010. You can stay in this hotel in Zell am See for prices starting at £454pp. It includes the RT flight from London Gatwick and 7-nights accommodation with half board.

There are numerous Europe vacation packages available this time of the year and most of them are targeted at those who want to go on a ski vacation. Browse them carefully and you’ll be able to find something to suit your travel style and budget. Typically, these packages don’t cover the cheaper ski destinations though.

Other European ski destinations

If the “traditional” ski destinations in Austria, France and Switzerland are a bit too expensive for your pocket, then you can always choose to spend a vacation on the slopes in one of the cheaper areas, such as Greece, Bulgaria or Romania.

First though, you need to book a flight to Europe , ideally into a large hub and then choose a low cost flight or another means of transportation to get to the ski area.

Pay attention that March is still considered high season in the mountain resorts and the prices are a bit higher everywhere. But overall, the countries mentioned above are cheaper than other ski destinations. Accommodation ranges from budget to expensive, but with a bit of research you’ll be able to find something for you. If you travel with a group of friends, you can look for villas online and rent one for your vacation. That will drastically reduce the costs of accommodation and meals.

Plus, you can always add a day or two of exploring Thessaloniki on your way home. Or you can try to decipher Bucharest after a week on the slopes in Poiana Brasov.

link gacor

November 24, 2009

Colorful and Magical Winter Celebrations in Manhattan

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 5:38 am

Manhattan treeManhattan is just a part of the beautiful city of New York, but the majority of those who visit New York are only concentrating on visiting Manhattan. The island is packed with restaurants, clubs, theaters and tourist attractions, enough to keep you busy during your vacation. Manhattan, however, is also a very expensive area of New York, so don’t expect to find low prices when it comes to both accommodation and flights.

Aside from hitting the stores and checking out the club and theatre scenes in Manhattan, don’t forget to visit some of its landmarks: the Brooklyn Bridget, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and the touristy Rockefeller Center.

Planning your budget

Many travelers plan to visit Manhattan before the winter holidays (or for the holidays) to enjoy the special feel of the island and to do some shopping. There are numerous New York vacation packages available and, in most cases, you’ll be able to save some money.

There’s always the option to create your own package, by booking the flight and accommodation independently. The city is served by three airports so it is quite easy to find cheap flights to New York . However, this time of the year is considered high season, which means the airfare will be a bit more expensive. Needless to say, you can always benefit from the airlines special offers, especially if you like to fly with a particular airline.

Once you’ve got the flight secured, it’s time to look for a place to stay. In general, Manhattan is not a cheap area of New York but there are a lot of hotels and budget places to stay. Finding cheap hotels in Manhattan might be harder during this time of the year, but not impossible.

What to do in Manhattan

Manhattan ice rinkDecember is a beautiful month in Manhattan. Every activity revolves around the Christmas celebrations. The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will be illuminated on December 2, 2009 (and will come down on January 7, 2010).

Spending some time at the Rockefeller Center Ice Rink is another favorite activity both among locals and tourists. The rink typically opens on Columbus Day weekend and closes in early April. Skating at Rockefeller Center is the quintessential New York winter experience but do remember that you’ll be paying a premium for having fun in such a famous location.

Christmas concerts and shows are also part of the entire New York holidays experience. There are numerous interesting performances take place at theaters all over Manhattan. But make sure to book the tickets in advance.

And don’t forget to walk the streets and admire the beautiful holiday window displays in Manhattan. Each department store is doing its best to depict colorful and interesting holiday scenes in their window displays.

Where to stay

When visiting such a touristy place before or during the holidays, it’s a good idea to book the accommodation in advance. Don’t be shy to look for hostels – most of them have private rooms, which are excellent for those looking for a more intimate place to stay – and of course, you should check the budget hotels as well. Do be careful when you choose the location. You’ll probably need to get used to the public transportation system in Manhattan.

Jazz on Lenox is located in Upper Manhattan and offers both double private rooms and dorms. There’s free wi-fi within the hostel and the guests can use the shared kitchen. The hostel books up quickly. Bed prices range from $28.33 per night in a 3-bed private room (shared bathroom) to $14 per night in a 10-bed mixed dorm.

5th Avenue Spot is located only 15 minutes from the heart of New York and close to the entertainment hot spots of the city. There’s free wi-fi within the hostel. The guests can use the shared kitchen. There’s free coffee and tea all day. Bed prices start at $50 per night in a twin private room (bathroom ensuite) and $17 per night in a 10-bed mixed dorm.

Explorers House Upper Westside is located in the Upper West Side of Historic Manhattan, just 10 minutes from Central Park. It offers both private rooms and dorms. There’s free breakfast and free wi-fi. The towels, pillows and linen are also offered by the hostel. Bed prices range from $25.50 per night in a 8-bed mixed dorm to $9 per night in a 16-bed mixed dorm.

Central Park Inn and Private Rooms
, located in Manhattan, and offers various types of private rooms for the guests. There’s free wi-fi available for the guests. Bed prices range from $44 per night in a single room, $25 per night in a 1 double bed private room and $18 per night in a 4-bed private room.

The Sky Hostel is located in New York’s Upper West Side, minutes from Central Park and in close proximity to Times Square and Rockefeller Center. It offers 61 guestrooms, including doubles and twins. There’s wi-fi access through the hostel. The linen, towels and blankets are offered by the hostel. Bed prices start at $28 per night in a 1 double bed private room, $28 per night in a twin private room and $18 per night in a 6-bed mixed dorm.

link gacor

November 20, 2009

A Month Before CityCenter Opens in Las Vegas, the City Braces for Low Rates

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

las vegasA new project by for MGM Mirage is set to open in December. The new almost 6,000 room facility threatens to influence the already low rates in Las Vegas hotels, as this article from Reuters explains.

The reports showed that room rates fell by 25% in Las Vegas in August and right now a night in December in one of the CityCenter’s rooms can be booked for $129 per night.

Built like a mini-metropolis, CityCenter comprises condominium towers and a shopping center. Visitors still come to Vegas but they are very careful when choosing what to spend money on. And while its creators hope that the new rooms will spark competition and bargains, so far CityCenter seems to bring only problems.

Despite the financial problems which threatened the project from the beginning and even construction problems, CityCenter will open on schedule in December.

Rivals applaud the new arrival and fear that if it would prove to be unsuccessful, the end result would have to be cutting the rates even lower. And the future of Las Vegas travel doesn’t look too promising. The airline flight cutbacks along with an increase in gas prices and the current economy resulted in a 6% drop in visitors so far this year.

But even with the problems looming above, CityCenter is a success in Las Vegas. Several projects have remind either a partially built skeleton or stalled by bankruptcy. And even those which planned to redesign their properties have had second thoughts lately and choose to wait before they embark in such an adventure.

New resort just opened in Orlando

Despite the economy, hoteliers are brave enough to open new resorts in the States. According to this article from Hospitality.net , the Bonnet Creek Resort opened on Nov 12. It features 500-room Waldorf=Astoria, a 1,000-room Hilton Hotel and a Rees Jones signature golf course. The huge project also features a 249,000-square-foot conference center, a pool area, a family water recreational area and a 25,000-square-foot Guerlain spa.

Possible signs of improvement in the industry

We’ve recently written about the occupancy rates in Anaheim rising during the first two weeks of October and it wasn’t the only good news. In Italy, the hotels started performing better since August, while Dubai saw a big increase in occupancy rates in September. However, the future of the industry is not yet very clear. Hoteliers expect the rates to stay low for the next year or so.

link gacor

November 19, 2009

Cheap Hotels in Mallorca are Excellent for a Christmas Vacation

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

mallorcaMallorca is the largest of the Balearic Islands and, during the summer, it’s a Mecca for those who enjoy the beaches, the sun and outdoor activities. During the low season, Mallorca might seem like the deserted paradise. However, it is an excellent place to visit if you plan to spend a cheap vacation in a warm area but without expecting too much.

It is definitely worth it to spend time checking out the island’s capital: Palma de Mallorca. The city is very old and the architecture will charm you in a second. Several other towns and villages are also very picturesque and filled with history. Some of them are located in the mountains.

Planning the budget

Mallorca is served by an airport located in the island’s capital, Palma de Mallorca. Cheap flights to Mallorca are abundant during the high season, but during the low season there aren’t that many connections available, especially from low cost carriers. It is, however, the third largest airport in the country, so finding a flight is possible.

Many hotels in Mallorca often close down during the winter and only some of them remain open. So it is important to do the research ahead of time. But, the good news is that the prices are at their lowest and the crowds non-existent.

When it comes to considering European vacation packages for your Mallorca holiday during winter, it’s hardly like to find anything. The tour operators focus on this island only during the high season. However, by early March there are more and more packages available.

Things to do

Unfortunately, there aren’t many festivals taking place at this time of the year on the island. November 24th marks the Birthday of Junipero Serra, a Franciscan Monk who is celebrated in the region. Noche Buena (December 24) marks the Christmas Eve celebrations, including midnight masses and nativity scenes in the towns, as well as on all Balearic islands.

On December 28, Santos Inocentes takes place, which is the Spanish equivalent of April’s fool day. And on December 31, Festa de l’Estandard commemorates the town’s conquest in 1229. The festivities take place in Palma.

Where to stay

Make sure to search ahead of time and choose a hotel which is open for the season. If you plan to do some traveling on the island, between the islands or to the mainland, it’s a good idea to stay in the capital.

Augusta Apartments is located along the south coast of Mallorca in the historic City of Palma. It offers 59 guest rooms and 49 studios. Rooms have AC and heating, bathroom and kitchenette, phone, TV and balcony. Room rates (internet only) start at €58 per night per double room.

Hesperia Ciutat de Mallorca is located in the residential area of Palma among beautiful gardens. The rooms have TV, AC and free wi-fi. Room rates start at €48.15 per night.

Hotel Continental is located right in the heart of Palma. The hotel offers gym, sauna, wi-fi zone , bar and restaurant. Room rate is €195 per night (2 guests, breakfast included).

Hotel Sabina is located in the north-eastern region on Mallorca, just meters from Cala Millor beach. It offers a bar (with a terrace overlooking the sea), pool, garden, gym and sauna. The hotel is closed during the winter.

Estrella – Coral De Mar Resort Spa and Wellness is located on the northern coast and is a 4-star hotel. It offers bar, gardens, pools, wellness center, gym and wi-fi within the property. The hotel is closed during the winter.

link gacor

November 18, 2009

Athens & Aegean 2010: Your Companion Flies For Free

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Greece cruiseIt’s never too early to start planning your next spring vacation, especially when you can get a good deal out of it. Greece (and the entire Mediterranean & Aegean Seas area) starts to enjoy excellent weather by mid-April. And since we are talking about the shoulder season, the deals are usually made to attract tourists. 8 days departing from US. Your companion flies for free if you book the Athens & Aegean 2010 vacation by Dec 30, 2009.

The package (land price: $1,249 per person for the Apr 19, 2010 departure) comprises 4 buffet breakfasts in Athens, onboard dining (all means) and entertainment on board. You’ll be sailing to Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Heraklion (Crete), Santorini and back to Athens. Also, you’ll be touring Athens on your second day.

Creating your own vacation package

It is possible to create your own vacation package and explore Greece and its islands at your pace. Depending on when you plan to visit, you can choose the ferries to go between the islands so you’ll experience both the sea travel and mingling with the locals (if you ask me that surely beats an organized tour).

First of all you need to book a flight to Athens . Nonstop return flights start around $1100 per person (if you book now for the same period as mentioned above, departing from New York). If you are willing to make a stop over along the way, there are cheaper flights available ($850 per person, round trip).

Then, you should look into the possibility to travel by ferry to the islands. Ferries from Athens to Mykonos start working by April and last year the ticket price ranged between €31 and €43 per person, one way. From here you can travel to Crete (Heraklio), also by ferry. Expect to pay at least €70 per person. Santorini is a short ferry ride from Crete and you will pay about €42 per person, for a ticket. When you plan the ferry rides, it’s always important to double check the schedule before departure and always make sure you’ve got accommodation book if you happen to miss a departure. Until the high season kicks in, there aren’t always daily departures between the islands, so you need quite a bit of time to plan properly.

Accommodation wise, finding cheap hotels in Greece is not very hard , especially during the shoulder season. But pay attention to when Orthodox Easter falls (April 4, 2010). Many travelers choose to spend their vacation in Greece during Easter and the accommodation prices are typically higher during that period. You can easily find hotel rooms for just €43 per night, in mid-April 2010, in Athens. If you plan to visit the sites, stay close to the city center (Omonia Sq, Syntagma Sq., near the Acropolis).

Ultimately, it’s your choice

Choosing between a tour and planning your vacation with your own resources does depend on the type of traveler you are and the activities you plan to do during your vacation. If don’t mind being rushed from place to place and sticking to a set schedule then tours are for you. However, if you like to take your time and usually you don’t do during the day when you planned before exiting the hotel room, then tours will be annoying and you won’t enjoy them much (if at all).

Photo by WhyGoGreece and may not be used without permission.

link gacor

November 17, 2009

Affordable Magaluf Hotels During the Off-Season

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

magalufMagaluf was built on purpose to serve as a resort. It is very popular among Brits looking for sun, sea, drinking, dancing and other fun things to do. Although particularly a package-holiday destination, it is possible to find cheap hotels in Magaluf without booking a package deal.

Magaluf caters particularly for the party goers under the age of 30 but families can also find interesting things to do here. There are two water parks to choose from: Western Water Park and Aqualand. The first is open between May and October, while the second opens in June and closes by the end of August. Marine Land is a place where you can have fun watching animals do tricks. It is open from February to end of November.

Planning the budget

The high season runs in Magaluf between April and October. The prices are at their highest and you will bump into tourists. Outside the high season, prices are cheaper but not everything is open. So the activities are limited.

Europe vacation packages are a good choice if you travel with the family and during the high season. Otherwise, there’s not much point in booking a deal if your plans are to sleep during the day and party all night.

The biggest airport on Mallorca – where Magaluf is located- is in the island’s capital, Palma. Both those booking packages and those traveling independently will land here. During summer, cheap flights to Mallorca are very easy to find and there are plenty of carriers to choose from. Keep in mind that if you come from outside Europe, it’s better to fly into London (or other British airport first) and then look for cheap flights to the island. Outside summer, the flights tend not to be so abundant and therefore a bit expensive sometimes. Do plan in advance.

As said, although it’s easier to find hotels in the resort as part of vacation deals, there are enough cheap hotels in Magaluf to choose from. After all, there isn’t much point in paying a lot on a hotel room where you’ll crash only to rest for the next party, right?

Things to do in Magaluf

During November (until 25th) you can still visit Marine Land. You can see dolphins and sea lions doing tricks for the tourists. And there are also some parrots. It is open from Feb 4 until Nov 25; Mon to Fri from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and during the weekend until 5:30 p.m. Entrance is €21 for adults and €15 for children.

Other than that, all you are left with is spending time in the clubs and bar…or going on the mainland to explore the cities (Madrid and Barcelona in particular).

Where to stay

It is possible to find affordable hotels in Magaluf which are not part of package deals. Outside the high season, the prices are lower than during the high season, and you don’t need to book too far in advance either. However, please pay attention that some hotels are closed during the low season.

Vista Sol Apartamentos are located about 350 m from the beach, on the hill in the heart of the resort. It offers 176 one bedroom apartments, equipped with AC, bathroom, kitchenette, dining room, phone, TV and balcony / terrace. During the off-season, the price per night starts at €46 for an apartment capable of housing 1-4 persons.

Sol Guadalupe is located 100 m from the beach and 26 km from Palma’s airport. It offers 493 double rooms with balcony, bathroom, AC, kitchenette, TV and phone. The hotel is closed during the low season.

Marina Pax Hotel is located 300 m from the beach in the cosmopolitan area of the resort. The rooms are equipped with phone and central heating. The hotel also features a restaurant, bar, swimming pool and AC in public areas. The hotel is closed during the low season.

Sol Antillas Barbados is located along the beach, overlooking Magaluf Bay. The Poniete golf course is just 2 km away. There are 428 rooms available for the guests, all with AC, bathroom, TV and phone. The hotel is closed during the low season (reopens on March 11).

Sol Magalluf Park is located 150 m from the beach, just 2 km from Aquapark and 2 km from Poinete golf course. There are 422 rooms for the guests to use, all with terrace, bathroom, AC, TV and phone. The hotel closes on Dec 1 and reopens on Feb 1 (2010). Room rates start at €38.50 per night (bed & breakfast) for a standard room.

link gacor

November 16, 2009

Two Major Festivals and Excellent Hotels in Madrid

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Madrid mainThe majority of European capital cities are known for their tourist attractions and Madrid makes no exception. Along with the numerous places to visit, Madrid is also a city of arts. And the club goers also recommend Madrid as one of the best places in Europe to dance the night away.

Madrid has a temperate climate, quite extreme at times. The majority of rainfall occurs during fall and winter. It is fairly cold during winter but snowfall is not common. By far the best season to visit Madrid is spring, but during late fall you can find numerous affordable places to say and, in general, a vacation in late November costs less than if you were to travel during mid-summer.

Planning your budget: packages or booking independently

If you do plan to travel right smack in the middle of the summer, Europe is quite expensive and , typically, European vacation packages allow you to save quite a lot of money by bundling things together. They come in many forms and if you can get your hands on a flight-hotel deal, you are assured some good discounts.

When traveling outside the peak season, packages are harder to find and typically come in simpler forms: hotel-only or flight-only. In most cases, you’ll end up booking either the hotel or the flight on your own anyway.

Madrid is served by the fifth busiest airport in Europe so you shouldn’t be surprised to easily find cheap flights to Madrid . Keep in mind that it’s the primary hub for Iberia Airlines, so start your search by looking at their offers.

Finding hotels in Madrid is just as easy. You’ll even find affordable places to stay right in the city center, so you’ll be close to absolutely everything. Even if you decided to stay in a quieter area, the public transport is excellent so you really don’t need to worry about renting a car.

Festivals in Madrid in November

There are several festivals taking place in Madrid in November.

Festival de Otoño runs from Nov 4 to Nov 29 and comprises theater, dance, music and even circus performances. All plays are in Spanish and the style is experimental and modern. If you don’t speak Spanish, you can surely watch the dance shows though.

The second major festival is XXVI Festival de Jazz de Madrid, which takes place from Nov 4 to Nov 28 at different venues around the city.

Feriarte, an art and antiques fair, takes place between Nov 21 and Nov 29. If you collect art or you are passionate about interior designs, this is definitely the place to visit.

Places to stay

During the low season it’s easy to find cheap places to stay in Madrid but if you plan to visit the city during an important festival, it’s wise to book at least couple of weeks in advance.

University Club is located in the Centro district and offers both private and shared rooms. The bathrooms are either ensuite or shared. There’s a TV room and Internet available (bring your own laptop). The bed linen is included in the bed price. Room rates start at €21 per night per bed in a 2-bed room.

Pop Hostel is located in the Malasana area, a well-known area for partying. It is just 10 min away from the popular sites of Madrid, in an area teaming with bars and clubs. The hostel offers a kitchen, TV room, dining room and internet room (2 computers with free internet access). Bed linen and towels can be rented. Room rates start at €19 per night per bed in a twin private room.

International Hostel Posada de Huerta is located right in the city center, just a short walk from every interesting site of Madrid. All rooms come with linen and AC included. There’s a kitchen the guests can use and you can socialize and relax in the living room. Room rates start at €37 per night per bed in a twin room, bathroom ensuite.

Students Hostel Luis Velez is located in the city center, between the Atocha Railway Station and Puerta del Sol. There’s a kitchen the guests can use. All rooms have free wi-fi, heating and TV. Room rates start at €19 per night per bed in a twin room, shared bathroom.

Mad Hostel is located within a short walk from all the museums and other interesting sights of Madrid. Breakfast is included in the room price. There’s free wi-fi within the property. Guests can use the kitchen and the roof top gym. Room rates start at €18 per night per bed in a 4-bed mixed dorm, bathroom ensuite.

link gacor

November 13, 2009

Five-star Luxury for Low Prices

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

lisbon sept 28A direct result of the economic crisis was the fall of hotel prices all over the world. What does that mean for the travelers? Simply put, hotels which once were too expensive to consider are now very interesting options for your vacation.

According to this article published by Mail Online , Britons can now enjoy luxury hotel prices for prices starting at £100.

Where are we heading to?

Prague, Lisbon, Warsaw and Pisa are among the cities where £100 is enough to get excellent rooms. This is not a surprise at all considering that August 2009 was weak for all hotel chains in Europe and Prague took the hardest hit as the revenue per available room dropped by 25% compared to August 2008. It’s the perfect opportunity to plan a short shopping spree during the Christmas Market in Prague.

In the UK, Edinburgh tops the list of cities where little money will get you excellent rooms. A year ago, £100 in Edinburgh was enough to get a room in a 3 star hotel. This year, the same money buys a room in a 4 star hotel.

How about other continents?

It seems that no matter what continent you have in mind, £100 will get you excellent rooms. In Melbourne (Australia), Mexico City (Mexico) and Sao Paulo (Brazil) the hotel room prices are at their lowest for the past five years, making these cities very affordable. Since the weather in UK is starting to turn sour, now you have a good reason to go to warmer places and Mexico City might just be your perfect choice.

Is this good news for the travelers?

Sure! The hotel room prices are back to the levels they were in 2004. Now is a great time to look for some luxury vacations at low prices, whether you always wanted that second honeymoon or you plan to indulge in a bit of relaxation.

According to Hotel.com, £100 will secure five-star hotel rooms in the following cities (including but not limited to): Lisbon, Marrakech, Toronto, Pisa and Prague.

link gacor

November 12, 2009

Hotels in Lucerne are Affordable in Autumn

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

LucerneLucerne is a charming city in the heart of Switzerland, famous for the medieval squares, frescoed houses and excellent views of the mountains. Lucerne is also linked to the legend of William Tell.

The Chapel Bridge is definitely the landmark of the city. It is said to be the oldest wood bridge in Europe. The remarkably preserved Old Town is another important place to visit. The mazes of streets, charming squares and interesting murals painted on the houses make for a very interesting walk.

For the best views of the city, take the world’s steepest cogwheel railway to the top of Mount Pilatus. You can also choose to hike to the top but it will take at least 4 hours.

Planning your budget: are vacation packages are good idea when visiting Lucerne?

The best time to travel to Lucerne is between April and October. During late autumn, there aren’t many tourists in the city and, as a result, you won’t find many European vacation packages to include Lucerne. It is possible, though, to find Lucerne as part of a Europe cruise .

The largest airport close to Lucerne is Zurich. Once you land in Zurich, either rent a car or take a train to Lucerne. Flights to Zurich are not hard to find, as the airport is served by plenty of airlines offering links to cities all over the world. It is a good idea, though, to also look into flying to London first and then catching a low-cost flight to Zurich.

When it comes to finding hotels in Lucerne , it’s probably best to stay a bit further from the city center if you plan to save on accommodation. The hotels in the city center tend to be quite expensive.

Things to do in Lucerne in late autumn

Late autumn is not a very busy period when it comes to festivals and events in Lucerne. But you won’t get bored either if you decide to visit the city now.

Lucerne Festival at the Piano takes place between Nov 23 and Nov 29 and is a festival dedicated to the art of playing the piano. The concerts and recitals take place in Lucerne’s KKL Luzern Concert Hall. You can listen to classical jazz and piano artists.

Where to stay in Lucerne

It’s always best to book accommodation in advance if you plan to travel to Lucerne during important festivals (or during the high season). Look for places which are located further from the city center.

Hotel-Restaurant Felmis is located close to the mountains. Lucerne city center is just 4 km away and can be easily reached by bus. There’s free wi-fi within the hotel. All rooms have bathroom ensuite, phone and TV. In winter, the room rates start at 160 CHF per night.

Hotel Alpha is located in the center of the city, just 5 min from the old town. It offers private rooms with both ensuite and shared facilities. All rooms have wi-fi access (for a fee). During winter, room rates start at 125 CHF (€86.20) per night for a twin room with bathroom ensuite.

Hotel Balm Meggen offers a relaxing atmosphere and great views of the area. Breakfast is included in the room rates. All rooms have TV, phone, wi-fi and a pull-out sofa. During winter, room rates start at 180 CHF per night for a double room standard.

Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann offers a very romantic setting for a vacation. All rooms have bathroom ensuite, minibar, radio, phone, TV, safe and wi-fi. Room rates range from 270 CHF (€169) to 360 CHF (€225) per night for a standard twin room. The rates include breakfast and taxes.

Continental Park Hotel is located in the city center. All rooms have AC, bathroom ensuite, minibar, safe, TV and wi-fi (for a fee). Breakfast is included in the room rates. Room rates range from 270 CHF to 380 CHF per night for a twin room.

link gacor
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress