Hotels.bootsnall.com

September 30, 2009

Mallorca in October: Still Hot!

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

mallorcaOnce August is over, a wide range of affordable beach vacations start to be available. While it’s not sure that the weather will be warm enough in October in Mallorca to spend too much time on the beach, it’s definitely nice enough to explore the island and that’s good enough reason to look up the special deals. Round trip flight from Dublin, 3 nights with self catering for €206 (departure on October 1)

Before you start packing you might want to read a bit more about Mallorca. I’ve always been a fan of the Balearic Islands as offer nice weather when the rest of Europe starts to put more clothes on or hides from the rain. But you don’t need to believe me. This article from Guardian talks about the hot destinations in autumn on the Mediterranean coast and Mallorca ranks high among them.

Other offers

You don’t like to cater for yourself on vacation? No problem, that’s why all inclusive vacation packages are created. They typically comprise the round-trip flight, accommodation and all other expenses related to staying within the resort (food, beverage, etc). If you like to spend time within the resort this is the best choice and you won’t need to carry too much money with you.

If, on the other hand, you like to explore the island or even check out the other Balearic Islands, you should look into booking the flight and accommodation separately. Cheap flights to Mallorca are easy to find until end-of-October as the airport serving the island receives a lot of low-cost flights from major European cities. So, ideally, you should fly into a large European hub, such as London, and then take a low-cost flight to Mallorca.

The majority of lodging options in Mallorca are bundled with the vacation packages but with a bit of research you can find some nice 3-star hotels in Mallorca which are affordable and in a good location.

The alternative

Mallorca is not your cup of tea? No problem, there’s always Ibiza to check out. You can find 3-star hotels at prices starting from €119 for 4 nights (2 persons) . The hotel is ideally located near the beach, restaurants and bars. Or you can enjoy the hotel’s pool and sundeck area. What are you waiting for?

link gacor

September 29, 2009

The Hotels are Still Affordable in Hamburg before the Christmas Markets Open

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

hamburg mainLocated on Elbe River, Hamburg is a major port city in Germany. The second largest German city is actually a city state with a very international feel. With a very strong mercantile background, Hamburg is very proud to continue the tradition and rank as the second harbor in Europe.

The city center, around Mönckebergstraße, is mostly a shopping area, which leads to the Town Hall. Old buildings and churches dot the area, giving a very old feel to the city. The old harbor area, with the wooden merchant houses, is another interesting sight to check out.

Planning your budget

Many times you’ll find Hamburg to be featured in European vacation packages and even interesting cruises along Europe’s major rivers. If you don’t mind sticking to an imposed schedule, then it’s probably a good idea to opt for such a package for your first visit here. The packages typically comprise the hotel and the flight which does save you some time and money while searching and booking. Some packages also include tours.

However, you might want to create your own package by booking the hotel and flight separately. Hamburg airport is located about 8 km from the city center and is one of the major airports in Germany. Finding cheap flights to Hamburg is not hard but you need to be aware that the airport is closed during the night and if your flight is delayed you’ll end up on another German airport. The city is served by three more airports, all small and not used for international flights.

Hamburg is a large city and you need to decide where you want to stay and plan your transport accordingly. The closer to the city center, the more expensive the hotels will be but the harbor area is a great choice and there are affordable hotels to choose from. Cheap hotels in Hamburg can be found easily outside the city center area but you shouldn’t be surprised to find affordable places to stay in the historical area.

What to do in Hamburg

hamburg event marketOctober debuts with the Day of German Unity, celebrated on the 3rd. It commemorates the reunion of the East and West Germany. Festivals and shows mark the event.

As the month ends, the International Boat Show Hamburg begins, featuring boats from many countries. If you enjoy checking out the luxury yachts don’t miss the Hanseboot-Hafen area.

The end of November marks the start of the Christmas Markets. They are held in numerous locations but the most popular ones are Hanseatic Christmas Market and the Christmas Market Hamburg.

Places to stay

No matter if you visit the city for its architecture, shopping or events, it’s important to find a place to stay which offers the best value for money; and ideally it should be located quite close to the city center area.

A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof : is located near the main station and close to the historic area of Hamburg. Internet is available both in the lobby and rooms. There’s a lounge area featuring billiard table, table football and video games. The buffet breakfast is served daily from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. (8 a.m. to 11 a.m. during the weekends). It features both hotel and hostel rooms. A bed in a twin double room (bathroom ensuite) starts from €50 per night, while a bed in a 6-bed mixed dorm starts at €23 per night.

Hotel Budapester Hof : is located in the heart of the city, just a short walk from the harbor and the Town Hall. All rooms have shower and WC, cable TV and phone. Buffet breakfast is served each morning. Room rates start at €26 per night for a bed in a twin private room and from €21 per night for a bed in a 6-bed dorm (bathroom ensuite).

Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Hamm : is a 3-star superior bed & breakfast hotel located close to the city center. It comprises 119 rooms. There’s free wi-fi in the lobby and in some of the rooms. Breakfast is not included in the price and the utensils for the kitchenette are available for extra charge. Room rates start at €38 per night per bed in a twin room.

Luebecker Hof : is located in the city center, close to the main railway station. Most rooms have TV and showers, but the toilets are located on the hall. Breakfast is not included in the room price. Room rates start at €26 per night per person in a double room (shared bathroom).

Hotel Beefang : is located opposite the main station. It offers free wi-fi within the hotel and the buffet breakfast is included in the room price. Room rates start at €31 per night in a 3-bed private ensuite room.

link gacor

September 28, 2009

Shhh! Don’t Tell About the Affordable Hotels in Gulf Shores

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

gulf shoresGulf Shores is a city in Alabama, dotted with beautiful beaches and affordable hotels. It’s not as crowded as Florida which makes it an incredible escape for couples as well as a nice getaway for families.

Aside from soaking up the sun, you can also visit Fort Morgan (entrance: $3 adults, $1 children) and the Alabama Golf Coast Zoo (entrance: $8.80 adults; $6 children). If you want to learn more about the area, check out the Gulf Shores Museum (entrance: free).

The families with kids will definitely enjoy Adventure Island, an adventure park filled with fun activities. Waterville USA is an interesting choice for those want to splash around and try the waterslides.

Vacation packages

If you plan to take the kids to Gulf Shores, looking for a family vacation package is a great idea. These packages typically comprise the flight, accommodation and sometimes entrance to the adventure parks.

Another option is to book the flight and accommodation separately. The closest airports to Gulf Shores are Mobile Regional Airport and Pensacola Regional Airport. However, it’s very hard to find cheap tickets into either airport, so your best bet is to fly into New Orleans. You need to drive about 3 hours to get to the Gulf Shores but it’s very easy to find cheap flights to New Orleans .

Hotels in Gulf Shores are less expensive than in other popular beach destinations. Since the city is not well known among tourists, you are guaranteed a quieter beach experience and affordable accommodation. Look for places to stay right by the beach although if you rented a car you can find accommodation pretty much anywhere in the area.

Events and festivals in Gulf Shores

There aren’t many festivals and events during this time of the year in Gulf Shores but if you like sea food, make sure not to miss the 38th Annual National Shrimp Festival which takes place in Gulf Shores from October 8 (Thu) to October 11 (Sun). Besides checking out what the 300 vendors offer you can also enjoy the entertainment, the retail market place and of course, the food.

Where to stay

It’s a good idea to look for hotels located near the beach even if you have rented a car to check out the surrounding areas. If you want to focus on the adventure parks rather than on the beach, then you can look for accommodation pretty much anywhere in the area.

Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores : is located close to the beach and golf courses. There are 88 rooms available for the guests, all equipped with kitchen. Breakfast is free and there’s free wi-fi in the entire hotel. Rates start at $90 per night (2 persons).

Phoenix All Suites Hotel : is located in the middle of the town. All rooms are equipped with kitchen. There’s an outdoor pool available for the guests, as well as a laundry room. Fall rates (Oct 11 to Oct 31) start at $159 per night (sleeps 6).

The Beach Club : is located on the Fort Morgan Peninsula and comprises luxury vacation rentals and condos. All condos have VCR, DVD player, TV, whirlpool tub and patio. Special packages are available (gold, fishing, etc). Daily rates start at $191 (sleeps 6), $210 (sleeps 8) and $325 (sleeps 10).

Gulf Shores Plantation : is located directly on the beach, close to Fort Morgan. The guests can use an indoor pool, six outdoor pools, tennis and basketball courts. There’s also free wi-fi in the resort. There’s a minimum of 3 nights start. Rates start at $288 per three nights in a condo that sleeps 4 and $660 per three nights (plus tax) in a duplex which can sleep 12.

Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Shores Craft Farms : is located just 3.5 miles from the beaches and close to a shopping center. All rooms are equipped with AC, coffee maker, TV, fridge and hot tub. Room rates start at $99 per night (2 persons).

link gacor

September 25, 2009

Hotel Prices Dropped by Almost 20% Around the World

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

hotel newsIt was earlier last week that news all over the world started to be more optimistic announcing that the recession is coming to an end. But looking back at the Hotel Price Index for the first six month of 2009 things don’t look so bright anymore.

According to Hospitality.net which published the latest Hotels.com Hotel Price Index the average price of hotel room around the world dropped by 17% in the first six months of 2009. Compared to June 2008, the prices dropped by 8% in 2009 and, even worse, they were just 1% above the levels from January 2004 (when the HPI index was started).

Almost every continent saw sharp drops

The over all drop was triggered by prices dropping on almost every continent. The prices in Latin America took the hardest hit as they were down 18% compared to the levels from June 2008. The rates in North America were down 17% while Europe is doing a bit better (16% drop).

While the hotel room rates in Asia didn’t drop sharply when the recession started, they took a hard hit during the first half of 2009 falling by 17% compared to last year.

So far, the Caribbean area is still facing the recession bravely as the room rates only fell by 2% compared to June 2008.

What are US travelers doing during recession?

London is the most popular destination for Americans venturing outside the United States. Last year Toronto was the preferred one. The Pound did help though as the exchange rates favored the US Dollar. But Canada hasn’t lost much popularity; Toronto ranks right behind London, followed by Vancouver and Niagara Falls.

In the States, Las Vegas and New York took the hardest hit in terms of room rates. Hotels in both cities saw the room rates drop by 30% during the first six months of the year. But New York remains most expensive destination in the States (followed by Hawaii).

Las Vegas is currently the favorite domestic destination for Americans, with average room rates of only $82 a night. Las Vegas is followed by New York City, Orlando, Chicago and San Francisco.

A conclusion

New hotels opened during 2009 all over the world which lead to an increase number of rooms while the numbers of customers started falling. As the recession set in, hotels started to close floors, cut back on prices and services. Also they started to offer more and more promotions which only aided the drop in room prices.

link gacor

September 24, 2009

Fall Festivals in Greensboro: Hurry to Book your Hotel

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

GreensboroGreensboro is a rather sleepy town in North Carolina which lately has been enjoying a newfound reputation among the young crowds. The Downtown area is packed with posh clubs and restaurants. Others enjoy the historical fell of the city and prefer to walk through Fisher Park, a 100-year old neighborhood or visit the site of the historic Woolworth’s Sit-In.

Best value: vacation packages or independent travel

Greensboro is one of those charming cities which can be an excellent place for a family vacation. If you want your kids to learn some history without feeling like they are forced to study then booking a family vacation package in Greensboro is a very good idea. Such packages typically comprise the round trip flight, accommodation and the tickets to enter historical sites or museums.

Although Greensboro is served by its own airport, you will have better luck with finding cheap airfare if you decide to fly into a larger airport. Raleigh-Durham Airport is located 66 miles from Greensboro and is a good choice for travelers. Flights to Raleigh-Durham are easy to find although the airport doesn’t serve as hub to any airline now. However, it’s one of the fastest growing airports in the country. Alternatively you can fly into Charlotte. The airport serving the city is hub for US Airways . From either airport you can rent a car to get to Greensboro and enjoy the scenery along the way.

Once the flight booked and car rented, you need to find a place to stay. Cheap hotels in Greensboro aren’t very hard to find. It makes sense to want to stay in the downtown area but since we are talking about a small city the prices tend to be high in such locations. However, once you get a bit further from the center, the prices go down and you are still quite close to the sights.

Fall Festivals in Greensboro

October 10 (Sat) marks the day of the Fall Festival in Greensboro. It’s a fun-filled time with activities and things to do suitable for the entire family. The kids can go to petting zoo, practice their skills at crafts, check out the pumpkin patch, get their faces painted or enjoy the rides. The event is free but if you want to get food, produce, crafts and other items you need to pay.

On October 24 (Sat) those who enjoy the spooky part of Halloween can go to the cemetery behind the Greensboro Historical Museum for the Goulash! Moonlight Cemetery Walk. The same night, ghost stories are told at the Museum. The tradition has been going on for years and the kids absolutely love to help with the spooky atmosphere.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit Greensboro, finding an affordable place to stay close to the sights is a good idea. If you travel with the kids, it’s wise to look for suites which are equipped with some basic kitchen facilities.

Best Western Windsor Suites : offers free breakfast and has a fitness center and pool for the guests to use. It’s located within walking distance from the Four Seasons Mall and comprises 76 suites. All rooms are equipped with free wi-fi, coffee maker, TV, fridge, microwave and AC. Room rates start at $94 per night (internet only rate from $84.60).

Drury Inn and Suites Greensboro : offers complimentary breakfast and free snacks during the day. There’s free wi-fi within the property and the guests can use the pool. All rooms are equipped with fridge and microwave. Rates star at $103 per night.

Comfort Suites Airport : is located off Interstate 40, close to the airport. It offers free airport shuttle service, free breakfast and free local calls. There are 113 rooms available and it’s a pet friendly hotel. The Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe water park is located just 10 miles away. There’s free wi-fi in each room. Also, the rooms are equipped with fridge, microwave and AC. Room rates start at $130 per night.

SpringHill Suites Greensboro : is centrally located, off Wendover Avenue. There’s free wi-fi and each room is equipped with minifridge, coffee maker and microwave. Rates start from $134 per night.

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport : is located quite close to all the sights. There’s a fitness room and pool for the guests to enjoy. Rates start at $84.15 per night.

link gacor

September 23, 2009

Cancun Fall Deals are up for Grabs

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cancun dealStarting with mid-September Marriot is offering 20% off of the lowest rate available at thousands of hotels across the world. The offer is valid for stays of at least two nights over the weekend (Thursday to Sunday) and is good for travel between September 25 and December 13. Which means now you can stay in places you only dreamed of before. Stay at JW Marriot Cancun for $199 a night (down from $249) !!!

But I might be biased when I recommend Cancun as one of the best year round destinations for those who love to stay on the beach or practice water sports. You really don’t need to believe me though. This article from Los Angeles Times gives a lot of detailed information about practicing water sports in Cancun.

Other offers

Should you prefer to not worry about booking the hotel and flight separately then you can look into the Cancun Vacation Packages. They often include not only the flight and accommodation but also quite a lot of services and if you manage to grab an all inclusive deal and stick within the resort you won’t need to worry about spending too much money on vacation.

But if you prefer to look for cheap hotels in Cancun luck is on your side. This time of the year is perfect for those who travel on a budget; Cancun is a well known destination for budget travelers and during fall the prices are lower anyway. As for flights to Cancun , there are plenty of airlines connecting the resorts area with cities all over the US so you really don’t need to worry about finding the cheapest deal.

The alternative

If you’ve already been to Cancun or spending time on the beach is not exactly your idea of a fun vacation, then fear not for there are some incredible places to spend a vacation this time of the year. USA Today lists the top fall destinations for 2009 which includes are very appealing offer in Orlando at Hyatt Regency which runs a special offer from September 8 to December 18: book four nights at $149 per night and receive an upgrade, breakfast, and the fourth night’s stay free.

link gacor

September 22, 2009

October is a Good Month to Visit Goa

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:09 am

goa mainGoa is one of the most popular vacation destinations in India. The beautiful beaches, the tropical climate and the almost western-like feel makes Goa easy to handles for newcomers and a lovely place to plan an affordable holiday.

Compared to other parts of India (and most of Asia), getting to Goa and staying here might seem expensive. But when you compared the prices to the European hotspots, Goa is still a cheap destination (plus you really cannot go to the beach in October in Europe and hope to catch a lovely tan, right?).

Vacation packages

Particularly if you travel outside the high season, there’s not much need to find all inclusive vacation packages for your Goa getaway. However, if you plan to travel from November to March or during the monsoon season (when some hotels are closed), it’s better to opt for a worry-free package which includes the flight, accommodation and everything you need within the resort.

If you decide to visit Goa during the low season, you can easily book the flights and accommodation independently. While Goa is served by an airport, it receives mostly domestic flights, so you are better of flying to Mumbai instead. Cheap flights to India aren’t very hard to find. Once you’ve landed in Mumbai, take a connecting flight (on a low-cost carrier) to Goa.

Cheap hotels in Goa are easy to find regardless of when you plan to spend the vacation here. And they get even cheaper during the off season. You can easily find a lovely guesthouse or even resort which is located close to the beach and staying there won’t break your budget.

Events and Festivals in Goa in October

The State of Goa is home to many events year-round, which celebrate public holidays, Hindu celebrations and even Christian events.

The Festival of Nine Nights (Navratri) is celebrated in late September and is a Hindu celebration. It includes praying, fasting and traditional folk dances.

Fama de Menino Jesus is celebrated in the Colva area in early October. A parade is held in which a statue of baby Jesus is worshiped.

Dussehra (or Dharotsav) is a Hindu festival which starts on the first day of the Hindu month of Ashvina. It celebrates the triumph of good over evil. The highlight of the festival is he burning of the effigy of the demon king, Ravana. The festival is mostly celebrated at the work place; employees decorate the tools and machineries with flowers.

The Festival of Lights (Diwali) is another very important festival which celebrates the victory of Good over Evil. At the home of the worshipers, lamps are lit in the morning and evening.

Places to stay

If you plan to visit Goa during one of the major festivals, make sure to book the accommodation in advice. October is still a low-season month though so there should be a lot of affordable places to choose from.

Anjunapalms Guesthouse : is located 10 minutes away from Anjuna Beach, in a typical Goan village. Airport and train transfers are available for a fee. The deluxe private ensuite room is equipped with AC, TV and wi-fi. Rates start at $4.40 per person per night in a twin private room.

Tropicano Beach Resort : is a small beach resort located close to Candolim beach (just 5 minutes walk). All rooms have ensuite bathroom and some are equipped with refrigerators. Rates start at $5.50 per person per night in a double bed private room.

Green Leaf House : is located close to Candolim beach, as well as to restaurants and bars. All rooms have private bathroom, small kitchen (not equipped) and a private terrace. Rates start at $4.40 per person per night in a twin private room.

La Ben Resort : is located along the South Goa shore, close to the beach. All rooms have private bathrooms (European-style) and lockers. The resort also offers a roof top bar and a restaurant. Breakfast is included in the room price. Rates start at $15 per person per night in a double room.

Agonda Beach Huts : is located on Agonda beach in South Goa. All huts are equipped with private bathroom and have running water. Room rates start at $8.80 per person per night in a double room with bathroom ensuite.

link gacor

September 21, 2009

Hot Weather and Affordable Hotels in Florida Keys

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

florida keys mainFlorida Keys is an archipelago of about 1,700 islands located off the southern coast of Florida. It’s a very popular travel destination year round, although between June and November it’s quite wet and tropical storms are common. The islands are popular among tourists for their natural beauty and the wildlife which can be seen here.

Biscayne National Park, the largest marine national park in the US, protects sections of the Biscayne Bay, including several Florida Keys. It’s an incredible place to spend some relaxing time or explore the outdoors. There are no entrance fees.

Budgeting

The majority of low-cost accommodation can be found on places like Key Largo and Key West, which are very popular among tourists. But with some luck and especially during the low season, you might be able to find some cheap hotels in Florida Keys which are located on smaller islands.

However, it’s probably best to look for a Florida vacation package since you’ll be able to save some money on both flight and accommodation. And typically, during the low season there are plenty of deals available which make a package even more affordable.

In case you prefer to book the flight separately (or happen to have some miles saved), then you should know that the closest international airport to Florida Keys is Miami International Airport. Flights to Miami are cheap and easy to find year-round so you shouldn’t have to search for too long for the best option.

What to do in Florida Keys during the low-season

If traveling to Florida Keys in October you really need to pick a place (or several) to check out as events and festivals are in full swing on many islands at about the same time.

On the first Thursday of each month, Caroline Street Art & Design District presents an evening of open houses (from 6 to 9 p.m.). In October, first Thursday falls on the 1st. Entrance is free and those heading to the area will be delighted with art, great restaurants and coffee shops.

Those interested in fishing competition should head to Key Largo between October 2 and October 4 when the Mercury Baybone Celebrity Tournament takes place. The money paid for the permits to catch fish is donated for cystic fibrosis research.

Or you can head to the Lower Keys on October 3 for the Artists In Paradise Presents Walk on Winn Dixie. From 7 to 9 p.m., anyone can walk through the galleries and stores, while enjoying live music and good food.

Floriday Keys FestivalBetween October 23 and November 1, Key West is home to the 31st Annual Fantasy Fest which features street fairs, costumed competitions and a grand parade. The beginning of the fest is marked by the Goombay Festival which showcases Caribbean art, food, music and crafts (October 23 to 24).

Key Largo is home to the Key Largo Pirates Festival from October 23 to 25, featuring costume contests, rum tasting, thieves market, pirate shows and many more.

Where to stay

The prices in the area are not exactly low but at this time of the year you might be lucky to find some deals. However, don’t bet on very cheap rates as the festivals draw a lot of tourists willing to spend money (including on accommodation).

Eden House : is located in the historic old town Key West, close to Duval Street. The hotel offers a heated pool, hammocks, garden café and elevated sundeck. The hotel is currently running some special offers including: stay six nights get the seventh free, or say three nights and get the forth night at half price. Packages are also available. Standard daily rates start at $160 per night for a small deluxe room.

Key Largo Resort at Manatee Bay : is located about 500 yards from the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. It’s also close to Miami International Airport (56 miles). The resort offers 100 rooms and a restaurant on site. Each room features: TV, free wi-fi, fridge, MW, coffee maker, iron board and hair dryer. Standard rates start at $139 per night for a room with garden view.

Ramada Limited – Key Largo : is located only 55 minutes from Miami Airport. The resort has some special offers including stay 2 nights for $299 and get the 3rd night free. It’s a good choice for those who want to do some scuba diving or take tours in the area. Standard room rates start at $85 per night (free breakfast and free wi-fi).

Island Bay Resort : is located between Key Largo and Islamorada and is perfect for those who want to relax or practice water sports. There are 10 cottages available, each with BBQ grill, patio table and wood deck. The low season rates start at $129 per night (2 persons) or $278 (4 persons).

Best Western Hibiscus Motel is located in Key West and offers complimentary breakfast, a pool for the guests to use and high speed internet. All rooms are equipped with coffee maker, fridge and hair dryer. Room rates range between $89 and $179 depending on the day of the week. Highest rates are always during the weekend.

link gacor

September 18, 2009

In the Middle of Recession Celebrities Boost Rates at Expensive Hotels in New York, Rome and Paris

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

romeWhile most of the travelers are still scared that the recession might put their travel plans on hold, there are some categories of travelers who don’t need to worry about traveling or the price they pay for a room. They actually help hotels boost the room rates. We are talking, of course, about celebrities, diplomats and pretty much all of the world’s millionaires. Don’t you just “love” them along with their extravagances?!

According to this article published by The Wall Street Journal the world’s most renowned luxury hotels have no issues filling their rooms and even double their room rates.

Luxury suites prices

According to a survey by Wealth Bulletin, the most expensive hotel room in 2009 can be found at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland. Price tag? $65,000 for its four-bedroom penthouse.

Last year’s winner, the Four Seasons Hotel in New York came only in second with a price tag of “just” $35,000 for its Ty Warner Penthouse. And yes, the price is $1,000 higher than last year. This beautiful nine-room suite comes with an indoor-outdoor Zen garden and a private spa room.

One of the new entries in the list includes the Westin Excelsior in Rome. The price is $31,000 per night for the Villa La Cupola Suite. You can relax in a Jacuzzi, be marveled by the stained glass windows and enjoy the beautiful view from the terraces overlooking Via Veneto.

Another expensive suite can be found at Park Hyatt Vendôme in Paris. The Imperial Suite costs only $20,000 per night and also comes with an in-suite spa.

The alternative

For those of us which get a headache only looking at these prices there’s some good news. The hostels in these beautiful cities are not only cheap but provide enough facilities for the travelers. In New York, bed prices start at $12 per night, in Rome at $1 per night (seriously!) and in Paris at $15 per night. Even budget hotels can be found for decent prices. As it happens, the recession forces most hoteliers to drop the room rates (but, of course, the luxury hotels cater for a different clientele so they did exactly the opposite).

You might want to throw a sauna or massage in your vacation itinerary though. That’s simple and doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg either. Look up some gyms (medium priced) and see what services they offer. Many offer the possibility to purchase a daily access card which comprises quite a lot of services.

link gacor

September 17, 2009

Hotels in Dublin are Cheap This Fall

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

dublin mainDublin has always been a popular destination for the Europeans looking for a quick weekend getaway. The city is compact and can easily be tackled during couple of days, which is great news as Dublin tends to be a bit on the expensive side.

Fall is a great season to visit Ireland in general and Dublin in particular. There are many festivals going on and the weather is still nice so that visitors can enjoy the days out in the city. Just remember to pack a jacket for those cold evenings and mornings.

Vacation packages vs independent traveling

If your plans include, for example, checking out the fall foliage in several European countries then it’s a good idea to look into booking a European vacation package . These typically include the round trip flight and accommodation. There are plenty of special deals available this time of the year, as both airlines and hotels struggle to keep the business going during the low season.

If you don’t have too much time to spare or prefer to spend your vacation only in Dublin, then you can try the independent traveling way. Cheap flights to Dublin are easy to find no matter if you fly from the States or from other cities in Europe. Many low-cost carriers serve this airport so if you are already in Europe make sure to check out their special offers.

Although Dublin is considered an expensive city, finding cheap hotels in Dublin can be an easy thing. First thing you need to know is that it’s easier to find cheap hotels during the weekdays than during the weekends and you can forget about cheap accommodation during the popular festivals. The best part though is that the city center is compact so chances are you’ll find some affordable hotels located close to the sights.

Festivals in Dublin This Fall

As we are writing this article Dublin Fringe Festival is in full swing so, unfortunately, you’ll miss the event this year but you can surely plan to be in Dublin next fall (promise?).

Bulmer’s International Comedy Festival is also well under way and will end on September 27. It has become one of the top five comedy festivals in the world so if you love to laugh (and who doesn’t?) don’t miss this event. It takes place at various venues across the city.

Let’s Walk and Talk: Irish Revolution and the French Connection is a walking tour of Dublin which can be experienced on September 25 as part of the Culture Night. This interested can meet at Barnardo Square, near the City Hall at 5 p.m.

The Antiques & Collectors Fair takes place on September 27 at the Clontarf Castle Hotel. Even if you are not a collector, it’s definitely worth it to spend some time checking out the beautiful coins, stamps, furniture and other interesting items.

Darklight Festival 2009 takes place between October 8 and 11 at the Dublin City Centre. It’s the premier festival for filmmakers, animators and artists and this year marks the 10th anniversary.

Places to stay

Whether you come to Dublin for a short weekend getaway or to check out one of the festivals, you’ll need a place to stay. Start by looking at budget hotels and guesthouses located close to the city center. You might be lucky enough to find some good deals.

Avalon House: offers free airport transfer, free wi-fi, free breakfast, free maps, free walking tours and free cinema nights. It’s one of the best rated budget accommodations in the entire city. You won’t get bored here as there are plenty of activities you can do in the hostel: play pool, table football or try your luck at some playstation games. Room rates start at €42 per person per night in a double room with bathroom ensuite. Dorm rates start at €12.60 per night in a 12-bed dorm.

Clifden Guesthouse : is located in a 200 old house right in the city center of Dublin. It offers 15 rooms with ensuite bathrooms, phone, TV and coffee maker. Rates start at €31 per person per night in a double room.

Abbey Court : is a budget accommodation located in the city center. There are both private rooms and dorms available. There’s a full restaurant on site and the wi-fi is also free in the hotel. The guests can use the common kitchen. Rates start at €37 per person per night in a double room with bathroom ensuite. The bed rates in a 12-bed dorm start at €10.50 per night.

Abraham House : is located in the heart of Dublin, close to the main shopping street. All rooms are with ensuite bathroom and there is free wi-fi within the hotel. The guests can use the common kitchen and there are some drinks and snacks machines available at all. The rates start at €31.50 per person per night in a double room.

Ashfield House : is in a central location and is ideal for the budget travelers. There’s free wi-fi if you travel with your laptop or you can use the computers for a small fee. There’s a common kitchen the guests can use. Maps and guides are available at the reception. The breakfast is included in the room price. The room rates start at €26.20 per person per night in a double room with bathroom ensuite. The bed rates in a 6-bed dorm start at €16.80 per night.

link gacor
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress