Hotels.bootsnall.com

October 30, 2009

Hotel Occupancy Rates in September – A Bit Better Than the Previous Months

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

hotel newsThe past couple of months have been filled with both good and bad news from the hotel industry. The hotels in Italy performed better in August 2009 than the rest of the hotels in Europe but the news from the Americas weren’t that good.

Middle East

On the other hand, hotels in Dubai has seen a 40% increase during Eid, according to this article from ArabianBusiness.com . Compared to the occupancy rates during Ramadan, a week before Eid the hotel bookings started to pick up, taking the occupancy rate up 75 percent. For the winter season, hoteliers expect an occupancy rate of 85-95%.

United States

In United States, the occupancy rates were down in September but the cost of rooms increased. According to this article from The News Tribune , the occupancy rate in Washington State went down by 3.4% in September 2009. But Seattle and Tri-Cities saw increases although small (1.1% and 0.9% respectively). The average room cost saw an increase of 4.6% statewide, reaching $142.99 in September 2009. Tacoma was the only region in the state where the cost of rooms saw an increase of 8.9%.

In Utah, the hotels in Salt Lake County filled 66% of their rooms in September 2009, down from 73% in September last year. Statewide the occupancy rate fell to 60% this year from 66% in September 2008. The average room rate was down $10 a night in Salt Lake City and almost $8 a night statewide.

For the week of 20-26 September 2009, six of the Top 25 travel markets in the States reported an increase in occupancy rates: Norfolk-Virginia Beach (Virginia), Oahu Island (Hawaii), Denver (Colorado), New York (New York), Anaheim-Santa Ana (California) and Orlando (Florida). The occupancy rates in these cities ranged from 48.9% (Orlando) to 79.7% (Oahu Island).

What does it mean for the travelers?

Although some of the markets are starting to see better days, the room prices are still down and the hoteliers still offer travel deals to keep those rooms occupied. In other words, if you still haven’t managed to take a vacation this year, the time before Christmas might just be perfect to find a great bargain. And if you are after a ski vacation, start searching the deals for mid-late January.

link gacor

October 29, 2009

Events, Shows, Dining and Hotels in Las Vegas

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Las Vegas StripHaving been nicknamed both the Sin City and the Entertainment Capital of the World, Las Vegas definitely lives up to its name. There’s always something to do in Las Vegas, whether you want to see a show, spend some money gambling or just relax in one of the hot nightclubs.

On the other hand, Las Vegas is also a nice tourist destination suitable even for families with kids. The Southern Nevada Zoological-Botanical Park is home to over 150 species and visiting it is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the Strip. Of course watching the Fountains at the Bellagio show is a lovely way to start the night. The Lions Habitat at MGM Grand can be visited for free (if you are a guest) and there are countless more activities and places to visit regardless of your age and things you like to do.

Las Vegas Vacation Packages

The hotels in Las Vegas come disguised as casinos and even miniature theme-parks and the nicest of them are along the Strip, which makes the rooms a bit on the expensive side. So everyone wanting to visit Las Vegas is looking for a bargain. The simplest way to start your search is by finding which Las Vegas vacation packages suit your budget and style. Some are flight-only, some are accommodation-only, some are a combination of the two and some even include tickets to shows.

You can also try your luck and create your own package but we warn you…you’ll be spending a lot of time looking for hotels as there are thousands of hotel rooms in Las Vegas. Finding a cheap flight to Las Vegas is the easiest part. The airport is located very close to the Strip and most hotels on the Strip offer complimentary shuttles.

Now for the accommodation part…finding hotels in Las Vegas is not hard, but finding cheap rooms can be tricky. Some of the hotels on the Strip do have special rates for the off-season and they often add tickets to shows or coupons to be used at the restaurants as part of the bargain. Of course there are also the motels and inns, but you’ll be staying quite far from the Strip (so plan to rent a car as well).

Things to do in Las Vegas in November

Las Vegas BellagioYou really cannot say you’d be bored in Las Vegas, regardless of the time of year when you plan your vacation. There’s always something going on.

You can watch Kathy Griffin at Mandalay Bay on Oct 30 and enjoy her comedy style. Also, every day in November you can take the kids to the Disney’s The Lion King show, taking place at the same resort.

The Vegas Valley Book Festival takes place from Nov 4 until Nov 8 and the main events take place at the Fifth Street School downtown. It was created as an event to bring together those who writ the books and those who read them.

On Nov 5 you can attend the Fantasy show at Atrium Showroom at Luxor Hotel and Casino Las Vegas or choose the Phantom – The Las Vegas Spectacular at Venetian Resort Hotel and Casino .

Places to stay

Depending on what you have planned to do in Las Vegas, you can start the search by looking at the prices offered by some of the popular and not-so-expensive hotels on the Strip. It’s also a good idea to check out the cheaper hotels and even hostels. Here are some ideas to get you started.

USA Hostels Las Vegas offers a swimming pool, hot tub and AC in all rooms and dorms. They offer free pick up from the Greyhound station on weekends, free wi-fi, all you can eat free pancakes each morning and free coffee all day. During November, a twin private room (bathroom ensuite) costs $45 per night.

Sin City Hostel is the only hostel located on the Strip. All rooms have AC and there’s a kitchen the guests can use. During November, a twin private room (shared bathroom) costs $30 per night.

South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa is located just minutes from the Strip and includes a 16-screen Century Theatre movie complex, a 64-lane bowling center, restaurants, casino, an Equestrian Center and a Spa. In November, the room rates start at $70 per night for a Deluxe Non Smoking Room.

The Carriage House is a non-gaming all suites hotel, just a block away from the Strip. All suites have fully equipped kitchens/kitchenettes. The hotel offers: outdoor heated pool, fitness center, free parking and free wi-fi. In November, the room rates start at $59 per night for a deluxe guest room (1 king bed and kitchenette).

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino offers a casino, excellent shows and nice restaurants to choose from. There’s a pool on site as well. In November, the room rates start at $54 per night in a deluxe room. Special offers for accommodation, shows and meals are available.

link gacor

October 28, 2009

Luxury is Cheaper in Mexico

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

hotel deal cancunNovember is almost knocking on our doors and the weather in the Northern Hemisphere seems to be acting pretty much like it should by now: cold, crisp days, sprinkled with some rain and even some snow. Right about now, a beach, a cozy hotel room and some cocktails sound great. 7 nights in Cancun, 2 persons, from $738

The Entire Latin America is Affordable

I might be biased when I go on and on about Mexico being excellent choices for a vacation at this time of the year. But the fact is, the entire Latin America is an excellent destination for those looking for luxury vacations at great prices. This article in The New York Times talks about a lot of destinations in Latin America and why they are excellent choices for a luxury vacation.

Europe at your feet

In Europe, the high season kicks off with the Christmas Markets. By the end of November and early December, colorful markets open in many European cities, including Vienna and Prague. Needless to say, the hotel prices are higher during that period.

But, if you hurry, you still have a month to plan your visit and go to Vienna while the hotel prices are still low. And, don’t worry… you get to do a lot of shopping even now. You can stay in a hotel close to Vienna city center (which also has hostel rooms) for prices starting at €66 per night (double supreme room, low season).

Prague is another city famous for the Christmas Market but it’s also an excellent destination to visit during the low-season. There are a lot of things to see and you surely won’t get bored. You can stay in a hotel located close to all Prague sights for prices starting at €46 per night in a double room (until Dec 27).

Some European cities are expensive year-round. That’s particularly the case of Paris, London and Rome, although you can find private rooms in hostels in Europe at affordable prices, even in these cities. Apartments are also great choices, especially if you travel with a group of friends. You can split the cost and enjoy cooking a meal together.

link gacor

October 27, 2009

Kissimmee Hotels: Affordable and Close to Disney World

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Kissimmee mainKissimmee, Florida is a popular vacation spot particularly during spring and summer. It’s also located very close to Disney World and is a great choice for families who want to visit the theme parks but choose to save money on accommodation.

Even if you are using Kissimmee as a base for checking out Disney World, you can visit the city and discover its history. The Old Town is filled with restaurants, shops and there’s even a free ferries wheel (you need a coupon from a book though). The Osceola Heritage Park includes a stadium and an arena, while the Warbird Air Museum is more of a work shop than a museum and specializes in restoring WW2 aircrafts to working conditions. There are also plenty of things to do in nature.

Budgeting: independent traveler vs vacation packages

When it comes to planning a family vacation in/near Kissimmee the easiest way to start your budgeting is by looking up Florida vacation packages . The packages can be found in many forms, from hotel-only, flight-only and/or a combination of the two options.

Once you managed to find a cheap flight to Orlando - the closest airport to Kissimmee – all that’s left to do is to look for accommodation in Kissimmee. Because the city is so popular among those who plan to visit Disney World but also want to save some money, you’ll find a variety of places to stay, ranging from high-end resorts to cheap hotels in Kissimmee .

Things to do

If you mix the festivals and events taking place in Kissimmee with the fun offered by Disney World, chances are you won’t get bored while you stay here.

The Osceola Art Festival takes place in Kissimmee from mid to late November. The event is held at Lakefront Park and gives the visitors a chance to see some of the best and inspiring works of art in the States. It’s a great place to visit if you are into photography or oil painting.

Celebrating the Holidays Around The World at Disney World starts in November. You can see stunning Candlelight Processionals, fireworks and beautiful holiday parades.

Places to stay

This time of the year (fall) is not particularly busy in Kissimmee but crowds flock to Disney World pretty much all the time, so it pays to do a bit of research and book the hotel in advance.

Knights Inn Maingate is located just 1 mile from Disney World and offers free shuttle services to Disney World, Seaworld and Universal Studio. There’s a heat swimming pool on site, available year round. The inn offers free breakfast, free parking and free wi-fi. All rooms have fridge and microwave. During November room rates start at $28 per night for a twin room (bathroom ensuite).

Travelodge Suites Kissimmee is located across the street from Nike outlet mall, and offers free shuttles to all theme parks, free breakfast, free coffee, free wi-fi and all rooms have cable TV. There’s a heated pool available for the guests to use. During November room rates start at $40 per night for a double bed private ensuite.

Florida Fantasy Homes International offers luxury bedrooms (dorm style), all fully equipped. There’s a pool on site and the theme parks are located close by. It may not be the good choice for families, but a group of friends can save a lot of money staying here. In November bed prices start at $12 per night in a 6-bed dorm (bathroom ensuite).

Golden Link Motel is located close to the theme parks and the sports complexes. There’s a heated swimming pool on site. Breakfast is free. All rooms have fridge and microwave. There’s free wi-fi in each room, as well as cable TV. During the low season, the daily rates start at $38.95 (excluding tax).

Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa is a luxury resort offering European style spa services. Guests can enjoy the pool , a pool snack bar and the sundeck. The resort also features a fitness center and a movie theater. Average room rates are $161 per night.

Read more about:

>> Great Events and Affordable Hotels at Disney World This Autumn

link gacor

October 26, 2009

Affordable Hotels, Stunning Beach and a Lot of Fun Activities in Key West

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

key westKey West is both a city and an island, part of the famous Florida Keys. It’s also the southernmost city in United States. Key West is popular among vacationers for its beaches, the possibility to practice a lot of waters ports and the variety of ecotourism activities. If you prefer some non-beach activities, check out the Key West City Cemetery, the McCoy Indigenous Park and the Shipwreck Museum.

Key West Vacation Packages

Key West is a vacation destination year round but the peak travel season starts just before Christmas. So the fall is a great time to grab one of the Florida Vacation Packages and spend a relaxing vacation. These come in many forms, from flight-only to hotel-only or a combination of the two options. Ideally you should look for a package which offers the flight, accommodation, meals and transfer to/from the airport.

The closest large airport to Key West is Miami, so it only makes sense to look for flights to Miami , if you prefer to create your own package or just love the independent way of traveling. Fort Lauderdale is also relatively close, so it is worth it to look into some alternative flights as well. Make sure to rent a car since it’s the cheapest and easiest way to get from the airport to Key West.

When it comes to accommodation, finding cheap hotels in Key West is not very hard, although the island is small. In general, the hotels in Key West tend to be more expensive than on other Keys.

Festivals and Events in Key West

One of the most interesting festivals takes place in Key West from Oct 23 until Nov 1: Fantasy Fest. In short, it’s an outrageous street festival filled with carnivals, good food and activities which will make your jaw drop.

Remember that we suggested renting a car from the airport? The reason is simple: you can drive between the Keys and check out the festivals there too.

The BubbaFest Bike Tour is a bike tour for all everyone, regardless of their fitness level. It takes place from Nov 7 until Nov 14 and starts in Key Largo. The finish line is in Key West.

Where to stay

If you plan to come to Key West during one of the festivals, make sure to book your accommodation in advance, as the cheap hotels tend to fill up quite quickly. Also, you can consider staying on one of the other Keys.

Eden House : is located in the historic old town Key West, close to Duval Street. The guests can use the heated pool, hammocks, garden café and elevated sundeck. During the low season, standard daily rates start at $160 per night for a small deluxe room. The hotel is running special offers and packages during this time of the year.

Best Western Hibiscus Motel offers complimentary breakfast, a pool for the guests to use and high speed internet. All rooms are equipped with coffee maker, fridge and hair dryer. During the low season, room rates range between $89 and $179 depending on the day of the week, with the highest rates being during the weekend.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West is located close to the beaches and shops. It offers 106 rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, free wi-fi, free breakfast and free parking. During the low seasons, room rates start at $119 per night.

Doubletree Grand Key Resort offers green lodging and free shuttles to Duval Street, the airport and the beach. It’s a pet friendly resort. The guests can use the pool and the fitness center. The guests can choose between 216 rooms, all with free wi-fi and the breakfast included in the room price. During the low season, room rates start at $159 per night.

Sheraton Suites Key West is located opposite to Smather’s Beach. It offers 180 suites, all with excellent views. There’s a pool on site for the guests to use. All rooms have fridge, microwave, coffee maker, TV and free wi-fi. Suite rates start at $129 per night during the low season.

Read more about:

>>Hot Weather and Affordable Hotels in Florida Keys
>>Snorkeling, Beaches, Festivals and Affordable Hotels in Key Largo This Fall

link gacor

October 23, 2009

Hotel Occupancy Increases in Puerto Rico and Decreases in Other Cities in the Americas

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

hotel news San JuanThe STR Global recently reported the Americas hotels performance results for August 2009. According to this article published by Hospitality.net , all three key performance metrics reported in US Dollars declined in August 2009.

The region

The markets for which the numbers are reported include: USA, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Canada and Mexico.

Occupancy for the entire region dropped by 9.7% (reaching 61.1%) compared to last year, while the daily rate dropped by 10.2%. Also, the revenue per available room dropped to US$59.97 (18.9% decrease).

Among the markets, only San Juan (Puerto Rico) reported an increase in occupancy (to 81.7%). Three markets experienced decreased of over 20%: Buenos Aires (Argentina), Mexico City (Mexico) and Santiago (Chile), while Washington DC didn’t see any changes.

When it comes to the Average Daily Rate (ADR), Manitoba (Canada) reported a small increase, while Santiago and Washington DC reported a decrease of only 5%. Mexico City reported the highest decrease (30%), while New York saw a decrease of 27.1% (US$185.56).

The Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR) saw the same trend. While San Juan saw the smallest decrease, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, New York and Santiago experienced the highest decrease, of over 30%.

The reason

The results in August 2009 continue the trend reported by the industry in the past months. Demand has been showing signs of stabilization, as Mark Lomanno, president of STR, said, but the market is not back to the levels it was before the economic crisis.

Europe hotels

Across the Big Pond, in Europe, Italian hotels performed quite well in August. In Rome, the occupancy rate increased by 17.9% in August 2009 compared to last year but the markets in most European countries have a bleak future ahead. Vienna (Austria), Budapest (Hungary) and Prague (Czech Rep.) took the hardest hit in August 2009 as RevPAR declined by up to 25%.

It is estimated that the occupancy rate in Russia will drop by 26% by the end of 2009. Also, UK hoteliers expect the year to end with a decline as well, and hope to see an improvement in early 2010.

link gacor

October 22, 2009

Snorkeling, Beaches, Festivals and Affordable Hotels in Key Largo This Fall

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Key Largo MainFlorida Keys have been attracting visitors for decades whether they came here for the snorkeling, great weather or just the relaxed atmosphere. Located just few miles from Cuba, Key Largo is the largest of the Florida Keys and offers excellent beaches and great places to snorkel.

Florida Vacation Packages

Key Largo is a vacation destination year round but the peak travel season starts just before Christmas. So the fall is a great time to grab one of the Florida Vacation Packages and spend a relaxing vacation. These come in many forms, from flight-only to hotel-only or a combination of the two options. Ideally you should look for a package which offers the flight, accommodation, meals and transfer to/from the airport.

If you don’t manage to find a package to suit your available time off or your budget, there’s always the possibility to create your own package. Look for flights to Florida as it’s a good idea to fly either into Miami or Fort Lauderdale, depending on which is more convenient for you. Also, rent a car since it’s the cheapest and easiest way to get from the airport to Key Largo.

As for cheap hotels in Key Largo it’s a bit tricky to find them. The Keys are small – so small that they cannot be considered islands – so there is limited space for accommodation. But the prices are quite affordable during the low season (before Dec 15).

Festivals and Events in Key Largo

Key Largo FestivalThe Keys might be small but there are plenty of things to do. And by the way: if you chose not to rent a car at the airport, you are probably going to think it was a bad idea because you surely want to be able to move around in order to experience a lot of interesting things.

Fantasy Fest takes place between Oct 23 and Nov 1 in Key West. It’s an outrageous street festival which will make your jaws drop. There are carnivals, good food and a bit of haunting going on.

The Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest takes place on Oct 25 in Key Largo. Contestants try to carve the most beautiful pumpkin, at 30 feet under water and wearing scuba gear.

The BubbaFest Bike Tour takes place from Nov 7 until Nov 14. The ride starts in Key Largo and ends in Key West. It’s excellent for those looking for an active vacation. The event welcomes bike riders of all ages and fitness levels.

Where to stay

If you plan to visit the Keys for one of the festivals mentioned above, make sure to book the accommodation ahead of time. Also, you can consider staying in other Keys if you cannot find the accommodation you want in Key Largo.

Atlantic Bay Resort is located right on Florida Bay, just a quick walk from all the fun activities. The resort offers private beach, waterfront tiki hut, BBQ grills and free wi-fi. All apartments and rooms have full equipped kitchens. The low season rates start at $119-$129 per night per apartment and $79-$89 per night per room.

Island Bay Resort is centrally located between Key Largo and Islamorada and offers 10 cottages. All cottages have private wood deck, patio table and BBQ grill. The low-season rates start at $129-$159 per night per room.

Ramada Limited – Key Largo is located just 55 miles from Miami Airport. There are plenty of fun activities near-by, including a casino strip, a golf course and plenty of restaurants. Breakfast is included in the room price. All rooms have coffee maker, fridge, cable TV, hair dryer and ironing board. Room rates average $120 per night.

Holiday Inn Key Largo offers 2 pools, a fitness room, indoor and outdoor dining and a Tiki Pavilion. It offers over 130 rooms, all equipped with cable TV, fridge, hair dryers, coffee maker and ironing board. During the low season, the room rates start at $99 per night.

Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo is running a special promotion for the fall season (stay 3 nights and get 10% off for certain type of suites). All suites include a whirlpool, fully equipped kitchen and balcony. There are tennis courts and a heated pool available for the guests to use. During the low season, room rates start at $159 per night.

Read more about:

>>Hot Weather and Affordable Hotels in Florida Keys

link gacor

October 21, 2009

Prague, Vienna and Budapest – Perfect Combination for Late 2009

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 7:00 am

HPIM4594After visiting Budapest two times in the past two years and after falling hopelessly in love in Vienna on my latest vacation, I started recommending the two capitals to everyone who wants a tip when decided what to visit in Europe. Add Prague to the mix and you’ve got a trio of capitals which offer history, architecture, romance, nightlife and an incredible European feel. Prague, Vienna & Budapest 2009, 10 days with Cosmos from $1,000 including airfare

Creating your own package?

Maybe 10 days on a European tour is a bit too long or you just don’t like taking tours. No problem. You can always create your own package. Although it is hard to decide which of the three capitals to visit first, I’d recommend Vienna. The reasons are simple. First of all, there are a lot of chances to find cheap flights to Vienna . Austria is located in Central Europe and is very well connected with other countries. Once you are here, it’s easy to travel to any other European destination, including Budapest – which is at just 4 hours by car (on the highway). Secondly, because Vienna is absolutely AMAZING!

Warmer European destinations

If the weather in Central Eastern Europe at the end of the year is not exactly your cup of tea – really, we don’t blame you! – then there’s always the possibility to choose to spend your vacation in warmer places.

Greece might see some cold weather, but it’s definitely warmer than in Central Eastern Europe. Flights to Athens are cheap right now. Plus you won’t bump into crowds and the hotel prices are lower than during the peak season. This hotel is a good choice if you want to stay in downtown Athens and don’t need too many facilities. The rate for two nights is €71 for two adults. Breakfast is included in the room price.

If you prefer something even warmer, Barcelona is an interesting choice. Cheap flights to Barcelona are plentiful, especially if you choose to fly into a major hub, such as London or Paris, and then look for a low-cost flight into Spain. If you choose a hotel in a quite area and close (2 km) to downtown, room rates start at €55 per night for two adults.

Photo by Cristina Dima and may not be used without permission.

link gacor

October 20, 2009

Best Time to Visit Kauai and Affordable Hotels during the Low Season

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

KauaiIronically, most people visiting Kauai don’t come here when the weather is at its best. Rather, they come when the weather is cold pretty much everywhere else. So when the cold hits the Northern Hemisphere, Americans flock to Hawaii, making mid-December to March the busiest season in the islands. But the best weather is during the off seasons: mid-April to mid-June and November to mid-December. Beside great weather and almost no crowds, you’ll also be blessed with low rates both for accommodation and flights.

Kauai is the smallest island in the Hawaii chain but it’s also the oldest. It is a heaven for those who enjoy spending time in nature. There are stunning mountains to discover, beautiful beaches to check out and excellent diving spots.

Vacation packages

It is a good idea to look for Hawaii vacation packages if you want to travel to Kauai during the low season. Many resorts prefer to discount the rates in order to draw visitors and these special offers are often bundled with affordable flights.

If you cannot find something to suit your days off or your budget, there’s also the possibility to create your own package. Kauai’s airport is not as big as the one in Honolulu, but it does receive some non-stop flights from the US. It has been traditional used for flights between the islands. Finding flights to Kauai isn’t very hard but if you cannot find a direct flight from the city you want to fly out of, there’s always the possibility to fly via Honolulu.

Kauai is a stunning destination, ideal for those who love snorkeling and spending time in nature. But, unfortunately, this also means the destination is not exactly cheap. However, there are hotels in Kauai catering for a wide variety of budgets. Travelers tend to prefer two areas: near Hanalei on the North Shore or near the Lihue airport.

Things to do

This time of the year is not that busy in terms of festivals and events on Kauai

Although Halloween events don’t take place on Kauai, you can check out the events on the big islands. Oahu welcomes visitors with the Hawaii’s Haunted Plantation in Waipahu or watch the Halloween street festival in Downtown Honolulu. On Maui, the events include the Lahaina’s famous Halloween block party and visiting a haunted house. On the Big Island, there’s a Halloween street festival in Kailua-Kona and a lot of story telling sessions at different venues.

You can also attend the Holiday Harvest Wine and Food Gala. It takes place during November at the Kauai Lagoons Resort. You can sample incredible food and wines, and enjoy the entertainment.

Places to stay

Although the island is small, there are quite a lot of places to stay to choose from. They cater for pretty much all budgets but do expect them to be on the high side.

kauaiinnThe Kauai Inn is the first inn ever to open in Kauai. It’s nicely hidden in a lush area, where the Nawiliwili Bay meets the Huleia River. There are 48 inn style rooms to choose from. All rooms have fridge, microwave, ceiling fan, phone, and TV. AC is optional. Room rates start at $89.00 per night per Large Studio with King and $109.00 per night per week (various types of suites and rooms).

Garden Island Inn is an affordable boutique hotel, located by the lovely Kalapaki Beach. Many water sports can be practiced here, including surfing. There are many restaurants located within easy walk. All 21 rooms are newly renovated and have AC , ceiling fan, kitchenette, TV, free wi-fi and balcony. Room rates start at $99 – $135 per night for the Palm Rooms (1 queen bed, 2 twin beds), $125 – $150 per night for the Tropical rooms (1 queen bed , 2 twin beds) and $140 per night for the Hale Kalapaki Vacation Condo (2 nights minimum, kitchen, 1.5 bath, 1 king bed, 1 queen bed).

Aston Islander on the Beach (former ResortQuest Hawaii) is located on the beach, close to the airport. It offers outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool, pool bar, and sundeck. All rooms have AC, fridge, fridge, phone, TV, microwave, internet access, coffee maker, mini-bar and balcony. Room rates start at $99 per night for a room with garden view and $114 per night for a room with ocean view. All sleep up to 4 persons.

coral reefCoral Reef Hotel was one of the first hotels on the spectacular Royal Coconut Coast. It is located right on the beach. All rooms have AC, TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Special packages are available (such as reserve 2 nights and get the 3rd free). Room rates start at $110 per night for a room with garden view and $245 per night for an ocean front suit. Discounted rates are available.

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort is located right on the beach and is the perfect place for a romantic vacation. The resort offers 350 deluxe guestrooms and luxury suites, two pools, a children pool, spa and fitness center and two restaurants. All rooms have fridge, coffee maker and free wi-fi. Room rates start at $169 per night for a room with garden view (1 king bed) and $209 per night for a room with ocean view (1 king bed).

Read more about:

>> Many Festivals and Hotel Deals in Hawaii
>> Affordable Hotels and Fewer Tourists in Honolulu before December

link gacor

October 19, 2009

Great Weather and Cheap Hotels in Jamaica

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

jamaicaIn November the weather begins to dry up in Jamaica. It’s the end of the rainy season and the time when tourists start flocking to this interesting Caribbean island. Jamaica, although a small island, is very popular among tourists who prefer to book an all inclusive vacation here.

Choosing the right place to spend your vacation depends on what you plan to do and what you like. Kingston is the capital and where you can explore some tourist attractions. Montego Bay is where all the foreign tourists flock and for some, it might not be what they expect of Jamaica. Negril offers some beautiful beaches and a more relaxed atmosphere.

Vacation packages

Most foreign tourists prefer to buy a Jamaica vacation package and not worry much about planning on their own. Ideally, they look for inclusive packages as they include everything: flight, accommodation, food and sometimes even some entertainment. But there are also flight-only, hotel-only or flight and hotel packages, which can be a good choice if you like to save some money by booking in bulk.

Of course, you can also go the completely independent way and book the flight and hotel separately. Jamaica is served by two airports and finding cheap flights to Jamaica is an easy task, regardless of when you plan to travel. The departure points in Northern America will most likely be Miami or New York.

As for the hotels in Jamaica , although there are tons of resorts on this small island, there’s also the possibility to find affordable accommodation away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy spots.

What to do

The off season is about to end in November but the festivals haven’t yet began. You won’t get bored though, because there are some things to check out beside the attractions.

Kingston Restaurant Week takes place from November 7 to November 14 and celebrates the city’s culinary community. The visitors are encouraged to dine out and sample the diverse cuisine. And by the way: all prices are discounted by up to 50%. Over 35 restaurants in Kingston, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios take part in the event.

There are plenty of tours available, which are interesting if you want to learn more about Bob Marley or how rum is made. Plus you can always explore the wild side of Jamaica on rafting tours.

Where to stay

If you are not among the all-inclusive vacation type of traveler, then you will be looking for something charming, affordable and which can show you the real island. We’ve got some suggestions in several popular cities.

Montego Bay: Caribic House is located in the heart of the touristy zone. It offers 17 air-conditioned rooms. The beach, bars and restaurants are located near by. All rooms have balcony, TV, phone, fridge and AC. Room rates start at $65 per night for a double room.

Negril: Secrets Cabins on Negril Beach offer unique cabins which can accommodate up to 4 people. There’s free wi-fi available within the property. Free coffee is served each morning directly on the beach. Room rates start at $94 per night for a double room (bathroom ensuite).

Ocho Rios: Skycastles Condominiums is a luxury accommodation set on a hill overlooking the beach. You can stay in studios or apartments. All guests accommodation have AC, fully equipped kitchen, TV and balcony. Room rates start at $248 per night in a double room (bathroom ensuite).

Kingston: The Spanish Court Hotel is a very stylish, luxury hotel, which offers 112 Standard Deluxe, Junior and Penthouse Suites. All rooms have plasma TV, AC, mini bar, in room safe and coffee maker. Free wi-fi is available within the property. Room rates start at $139.99 per night for deluxe rooms and $200 per night for junior suites.

Port Antonio: Search-me-Heart is located in Drapers, a little fishing village. It is a unique ecotourism destination. The place offers a sitting room, dining area and TV lounge. Room rates start at $64 per night in a double room (bathroom ensuite).

link gacor
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress