Hotels.bootsnall.com

November 11, 2009

Last Minute Deals on Hotels in Australia

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Bayron Bay hotel dealWith the nasty weather – cold, damn, gloomy – already present in the Northern Hemisphere, the idea of spending a week (or two) in a warm destination makes us day-dream. But what if you can actually afford to spend several days in a 3-star motel in Australia? A night in 3-star motel in Byron Bay starts at AUD$115 for two persons.

Flights to Australia are cheap as well

When it comes to finding flights to Australia , first you need to decide which airport you’ll be flying into: the closest to the destination or the biggest in the country. Flying into Sydney –the biggest airport in Australia- typically means you’ll find more deals to choose from but sometimes flying into a smaller airport will get you cheaper rates.

Late Deals start at €1,014 for a round trip to Sydney (from London). If you fly into Brisbane, for example, the rates start at €986.50 for a round trip flight (from London).

Accommodation is very cheap in hostels

Staying in hostels in Australia is an excellent choice for many travelers. You don’t need to be the “hostel-type” but you do need to do quite a bit of research before choosing the right hostel for you. There are excellent hostels for families and couples, where you can stay in a private room. But there are also huge, party hostels, where youngsters love to share everything – from the bed to the lounge and … many more.

Hostel rates in Byron Bay start at AUD$35 per night per person in a private room and AUD$25 per night per bed in dorms. In large cities, such as Sydney or Brisbane, you can find dorm beds starting at as little as AUD$19.

Things to remember

November in Sydney is the last month of spring, so the weather will be excellent and the tourists all over the place. The prices for both accommodation and flight tend to increase as the summer season approaches. So if you dream of waiting for Santa in bikini (you, not Santa in bikini!) you should book the flight and accommodation the soonest possible.

Last minute Australia vacation packages might be quite good choices as well, but it’s always risky to rely on such offers. Unless you’ve got a back-up plan.

link gacor

November 10, 2009

Many Festivals and Events This Late Autumn in Los Angeles

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

LALos Angeles is a very large city and it often seems like you are looking for the needle in the haystack when you want to find a cheap hotel. Autumn in Los Angeles brings some of the best weather and beautiful days.

Los Angeles is typically a vacation destination for those hooked on the music and film scene and also those who enjoy shopping. Anaheim is close by and we all know that’s the home of the famous Disneyland resort. Whether you are in LA for a longer period of time or just passing by, you can take some time to check out Hollywood Boulevard.

You should also visit Olvera Street, the historic center of LA. You’ll find the oldest building in the city here (Avila Adobe, built in 1818) and it can be visited. You can also enjoy a day in nature or a picnic in Griffith Park, the second largest park within a city in the US. If you travel with the kids, don’t miss visiting LA zoo, located within the park.

Planning your budget: package vs booking the hotel and flight separately

If your plans include spending time at Disneyland resort, then it’s worth it to look for Disneyland vacation packages . They often include only the accommodation, meals and some tickets to theme parks. But in some cases they might include the airfare too.

It is wiser though to book the hotel and flight separately, especially if you have no desire to spend time around Mickey Mouse. Flights to Los Angeles are cheap and easy to find. But make sure to avoid the period when families take their kids to the above mentioned resort (in short: try not to plan your flight when kids are on vacation or during public holidays). And to get even better rates, fly on Wednesday or Thursday.

As for accommodation, if you look for cheap hotels in Los Angeles , the areas of Glendale or Pasadena are good choices, but they are located away from downtown (so you should consider renting a car as the public transportation is quite challenging here). Hollywood is also a good choice for travelers, especially those looking to spot celebrities.

Things to do in LA in late autumn

LA cirque du soleilOne thing is for sure: no matter when you visit the City of Angeles you won’t get bored. There’s always something to do and some events to attend, whether you want to attend a concert, watch a show or check out a festival.

If you like shows, then you should check out Cirque du Soleil: Kooza . The show takes place at Grand Chapiteau at Santa Monica Pier on Nov 13, 14 and 15. The show tells the story of a melancholy loner who searches for its place in the world. It combines acrobatic dancing with the art of clowning and offers excellent entertainment.

Or you can see a circus show at UniverSoul Circus (Hollywood Park) from Nov 11 to Nov 22. It is a show for all ages and a great choice if you haven’t been to the circus lately. The plot is engaging, the costumes are superb and the kids will love it!

The 4th Annual Winter Fresh Festival takes place on Dec 5 and features artists such as Andy Moor, The Toxic Avenger, DJ Isaac, Scotty Boy and Caffine.

The Red Rabbit Arts & Crafts Market takes place on Dec 6 at the Descanso Gardens. It features Southern California Artists, Craftsmen and Crafters selling different items, ranging from jewelry, clothing to upcycled art and more.

The 6th Annual Chopper Fest takes place on Dec 13 at Ventura Fairgrounds. The day will be filled with good music, good food, custom bikes and riding demonstrations.

Places to stay in LA

Since Los Angeles is a popular travel destination year round, it’s a good idea to book the accommodation ahead of time, especially if you are after popular cheap places to stay. The private rooms in hostels tend to book up quite quickly but dorm beds are easy to find pretty much any time of the year.

Venice Beach Hostel is located right at the beach. There’s free wi-fi available and the breakfast is included in the room price. All rooms have bathroom ensuite. The currently run some special offers (last night free and 10% discount if you renew your stay while you are in the hostel). In November, room rates start at $75.00 per night (twin room).

USA Hostels Hollywood offers free airport transport for free (if you stay for at least two nights), free all-you-can-make pancakes every day, free comedy nights, free tea and coffee daily and free wi-fi. There’s a kitchen on site as well as a laundry facility. Bed prices start at $33.00 per night (6 bed dorms).

Surf City Hostel is located in Hermosa Beach, about 20 minutes drive south of LAX. It offers both private rooms and dorms. They provide free coffee and tea all day, free maps and free wi-fi. Bed prices start at $25.00 per night (4 bed dorms).

H.I. Los Angeles / Santa Monica is located close to the beach and close to LAX. They offer a common area, free wi-fi and TV room. Guests who are not members of H.I. are required to pay a temporary $3 fee per night. Bed prices start at $30.00 per night (6 bed dorms).

Orange Drive Manor Hostel is located in Hollywood, close to all the attractions. It offers guest kitchen, TV room and wi-fi. Room rates start at $68.88 per night for a double room (bathroom ensuite).

link gacor

November 9, 2009

London during Off-Season: Affordable Hotels and Nice Weather

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

London mainFor the travelers who speak English, London is a great travel destination. There aren’t any language barriers and you don’t risk having a cultural shock either. London is noisy, busy, and vibrant city that has a reputation of being an expensive place to visit. While it is true that hotels in London are more expensive than in other large European capitals, there are always tricks to save on accommodation – whether you stay further from the city center or you choose a private room in a hostel.

Despite its reputation, London is not a rainy and gloomy city. The average low temperature in November is 3C, while the average high is 10C. However, the average precipitation is only 7 cm. So, really, don’t worry about spending your vacation in a wet place.

Budgeting: flights and accommodation

Thanks to being a huge travel destination, finding a flight to London is easy as pie. The city is served by several airports but if you are flying from anywhere but Europe, you’ll be landing on Heathrow. Since London is a popular destination year round, try booking in advance if you plan to save money. Typically though, November is a cheap month to fly into London.

Since the city is not the cheapest place to visit, finding a cheap hotel in London might require a bit of search. The good news though is that the city is huge and the public transport excellent, so you can stay in cheaper neighborhoods and be able to travel easily to whatever attraction you plan to visit.

When it comes to look for packages, it’s wise to see if there are any interesting offers. European vacation packages come in many forms and you might be able to find hotel-only or flight-only packages suitable for your budget and/or your free days.

What to do in London in November

London Lord MayorOn Nov 14, you can attend the Lord Mayor’s Show . The procession starts in the City of London from Mansion House and goes to the Royal Court of Justice. The fireworks display takes place at 5 p.m., between Waterloo and Blackfriars Bridge

London Jazz Festival takes place between Nov 13 and Nov 22. The highlights include: Amit Chaudhuri, Gretchen Parlato, Miguel Zenon and Marcus Roberts Trio. It takes place at various venues in the city, including 606 Club, Artsdepot and BBC Radio Theatre.

Places to stay

Finding a place to stay in London is not very hard, particularly because the city is so big. Do make sure to read all the reviews and try to find a place to stay close to the places you plan to visit (although the public transport is excellent).

Torquay Hostel is located near the Bayswater/Paddington areas of London and offers both private rooms and dorms. They offer a dining room, a TV area and an Internet café. There’s also a kitchen available (but you need to ask at the reception to provide the pots). Room rates start at £19 per night (twin private room).

Journeys Greenwich is surrounded by street markets and colleges and is an excellent base for exploring the city. The hotel offers a kitchen, common room and free wi-fi. There’s a pool table guests can use and Thursday Nights are dedicated to Karaoke. Room rates start at £22 per night (1 double bed private room, shared bathroom).

The Royal Bayswater Hostel is located in the Bayswater area, overlooking Hyde Park. They offer both private rooms and dorms. Please note that kids under 16 are not allowed to stay in dorms or shared rooms. Also, the dorms aren’t suitable for guests over 50. Room rates start at £32 per night (1 double bed, private bathroom).

The Green Man, Bestplace Inn, Paddington is located right in the middle of London. It’s the perfect base for the shopper, party-people and those who like to explore the city. The room rates include the continental breakfast. And by the way: there’s a pub within the hostel. Wi-fi is available but make sure to bring your laptop (or hire one at the bar). All guests must be at least 18. Room rates start at £48 per night (twin room, shared bathroom).

New Cross Inn Hostel is located in South East London. They offer both private rooms and dorms. It has a common room and two kitchens for the guests to use. There’s free wi-fi within the hostel. Guests must be between 18 and 40 years old. Bed rates start at £16 in a 4-bed dorm. Make sure book in advance even during the off-season, as the hostel is quite popular and fills up quickly.

link gacor

November 6, 2009

Occupancy Rate in Anaheim jumped 2.3% in the First Two Weeks of October 2009

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

anaheim mainFor the past two months, there have been signs that the hotel industry is starting to see some better days. The latest hotel industry data for the United States reveal the hotels across the country continue to struggle but in some areas, including Southern California, there are signs of improvement.

According to this article published by Los Angeles Times the hotel occupancy rate in the USA dropped by 5.4% in the first week of October compared to the same period last year. At the same time, the revenue per available room dropped by 12%, reaching $59.28.

The hardest hit was taken by business travel and, as a result, more than 300 hotels in California are in foreclosure. However, the report shows that business travel is starting to improve in some cities, including Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New Orleans.

In Anaheim, the occupancy rate rose by 2.3% in the first two weeks of October and even the number of group bookings saw an increase. Also, in Los Angeles the number of group bookings rose by 18.1% in the first two weeks of October.

New Orleans reported increases in the three key indicators: occupancy rate, revenue per available room and average daily room rate.

Several months of good news

This data isn’t the first showing signs of improvement in the hotel industry world wide. Although during August only the hotels in Italy performed well in Europe, they were quickly followed by the Dubai hotels, which reported a 40% increase in occupancy rate in September.

And in the States, the good news started in September as well when six of the top 25 travel markets reported an increase in occupancy rate.

A conclusion

Although the data shows some improvements, the hotel experts don’t expect the hotel industry to rebound until 2011 or even 2012. However, travel managers forecast an increase in business travel next year.

link gacor

November 5, 2009

Lloret de Mar: a Good Choice for Off-Season Traveling

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:30 am

Lloret del Mar mainLloret de Mar is the largest resort area along Costa Brava, Spain. It is a popular beach destination so it tends to be over-crowded with tourists during the summer season. Outside the summer season, Lloret de Mar is a quite place to enjoy a romantic walk on the beach and relax.

Planning your budget: packages vs independent travel

While during the summer season the best options is to look for a European vacation package , during the low-season you won’t be able to find too many good deals for places which are traditional associated with the summer vacation.

Since there are buses linking Barcelona to Costa Brava, it’s a good idea is look for flights to Barcelona and then travel to Lloret de Mar. You can rent a car if you want more freedom and plan to visit other places along the coast, as well.

During the off-season, finding cheap hotels in Lloret de Mar is not hard at all. The prices are also considerably lower than during the peak season.

What to do in Lloret de Mar in November

Unfortunately there aren’t many things to do in Lloret de Mar this time of the year. There are some shrine festivals in the area so if you like such gatherings they might be interesting to check out. Torroella de Montgrí takes place on the second fortnight of November and has both a purpose of devotion and entertainment.

If you plan to travel in the area, take a short trip to Salt on Nov 20 and attend the Cem Winter Festival. It’s an excellent choice for those info techno music (attendants must be 18 or older).

You can always plan a day trip to Barcelona and spend some time enjoying the many festivals and events taking place there. Nivalia Ski Show 2009 takes place on Nov 16.

Places to stay

Don’t worry about finding a place to stay during this time of the year. There aren’t any crowds rushing to find a spot here and there aren’t popular festivals to attract visitors either. So, you are in for a relaxing, quiet experience. Pay attention that some hotels close down during the winter season.

Acacias Hotel is a 4-star hotel located 1 km from the beach. In November room rates start at $61/night. Room rates include breakfast and dinner.

Excelsior is a 3-star hotel located right by the sea. All rooms have en-suite bathroom, TV, AC, heating and wi-fi. In November, room rates start at €65.50/night (double room) and include all taxes and fees.

Hotel Anabel is a 4-star hotel, close to the beach. All rooms have AC, bathroom TV, phone, safe and minibar. The hotel is close for the winter season.

Aquarium Hotel is a 4-star hotel located close to the beach and about 1 km from the city center. All rooms have private bathroom, TV, phone, AC, heating and balcony. Breakfast and dinner are included in the room rates (HB). The hotel is closed during the off-season.

Costa Encantada Aparthotel is located about 1 km from the beach. It offers a swimming pool, a children’s pool, restaurant, bar, pub, gym, spa, children play area and many more. All apartments have bathroom, AC, kitchenette, TV, phone and balcony. The hotel is closed during the off-season though.

Placa Paris is a 3-star hotel located in the center of Lloret de Mar. Barcelona Airport is 32 km away. All rooms have private bathroom (with toiletries), TV, phone and minibar. This hotel is not open during the off-season though.

link gacor

November 4, 2009

A Month of Traveling in Europe and Africa

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

ParisTypically, our vacations last for at most two weeks – thanks to busy working schedules and limited paid vacation days – but there are many time when we’d wish to spend at least a month on the road, experiencing incredible cities and excellent cuisines. Take the Road to Marrakech for 29 days and pay $3,930 per person.

Shorter vacations are excellent choices as well

Vacations tend to average a week and there are good reasons for that. Many of us don’t have the luxury to travel for long or our jobs don’t allow it. But there’s a good part as well: shorter vacations are cheaper and always discounted during the low season.

If you want to spend time checking out the French country side, you can get up to 45% off on France vacations and you can even mix two days on Cote d’Azur with two days in the Bordeaux region.

If you want to go to Africa, there are other choices than Morocco. For example, you can stay in Egypt for 10 days for prices starting at $649 per person or you can choose a discounted adventure vacation in the same area.

Visiting the Christmas Markets

By mid-late November, numerous Christmas Markets open in various cities around Europe. Some of the famous ones can be found in Vienna, Prague and Munich. If you are waiting for a good reason to visit Europe, now you’ve got it.

You can easily create your own vacation package. Look for flights to Europe and decide what city to fly into. You might want to fly into a major hub such as London or Paris and then choose low-cost flights to travel on the continent.

Once the flights are secured, it’s time to figure out the accommodation. Remember that this time of the year is high season in Europe, especially in the above mentioned cities. For example, you can find affordable hotels in Prague , especially since the city has taken quite a hard hit from the economic crisis and the hotel rates went down sharply. In Vienna and Munich it’s a good idea to look for private rooms in hostels .

Depending on your budget, you can plan to spend at least 3 days in each city. The Christmas market in Vienna opens in mid-November so you can get here early, beat the crowds and get the souvenirs. The one in Munich opens on the first Friday of December, while the one in Prague runs through the entire month of December.

link gacor

November 3, 2009

Music, Nightlife and Affordable Hotels in Liverpool

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

Liverpool mainThe city of Liverpool, England, is directly tied to the Beatles and, inevitably the band still is one of the city’s biggest tourist draws. Liverpool is a lively city, renowned for its music, nightlife and sports activity. It is also famous for being home to the Pier Head Waterfront, a UNESCO World Heritage site.

The Royal Liver Building is the iconic symbol of Liverpool’s waterfront. It is surrounded by other historically important buildings, including the Beatles Story, the St. George’s Hall, the St. Nicholas and Our Lady Church and Albert Dock.

Planning the budget: packages vs independent travel

When planning a vacation in Europe, it’s always a good idea to check which option is cheapest and matches your travel style: buying a European vacation package or booking the flight and hotel separately. Typically, the packages are good options for families and for those who like to have everything planned by others and not worry much when traveling. Also, packages come in handy if you want to save some money, particularly if you plan to travel on the spur of the moment.

If you prefer the independent way, make sure to look for flights to England and then decide whether it’s cheaper to fly directly into Liverpool or if it’s worth it to fly into London and then travel to Liverpool.

Liverpool is not an expensive city hotel-wise. Actually it’s got zero five-star hotels which means there are plenty of cheap hotels in Liverpool to choose from. And the downtown area is very easy to tackle on foot so if you are lucky to grab a room here, you’ve hit jackpot.

Things to do in Liverpool

Any time of the year Liverpool is home to various concerts and shows. But November is special as it’s the time when two major festivals take place in the city.

The Liverpool Design Festival is in full swing and ends on Nov 8. There are exhibitions in various venues in the city. Visitors can even buy art work directly from the artists. Liverpool Hope University presents a very interesting applied art exhibition and Michael Barooah’s photographic work presents striking range of images, concentrated on urban environments.

Liverpool music week started on Oct 29 and ends on Nov 16. The concerts are held at various venues and the artists playing include: Super Furry Animals (Nov 5), Seasick Steve (Nov 7), Kasabian (Nov 16) and Twisted Wheel (Nov 6).

Where to stay

It is a good idea to book the accommodation slightly in advance. Considering that the first half of the month is filled with important festivals, the cheap hotels and hostels will probably be quite full, but chances are you’ll still find available rooms.

YHA Liverpool is rated as a four star hostel in the UK. It is very easy to get from the airport to the hostel as it is located on the 500 bus route. The hostel is located near Albert Dock, just 10 min from the city center. Breakfast is included in the room price and there’s also wi-fi available. Guests under 14 years old are not allowed in the hostel and those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Room rates start at £50/night for a twin room (bathroom ensuite) and a bed in a 8-bed dorm starts at £20.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool is located in the heart of the city and is the proud owner of an organic vegetables garden (complete with apple trees). Breakfast is included in the room price, there’s a free bike rental store and the wi-fi works everywhere (including on the roof). Room rates start around £50/night for a double room (bathroom ensuite, TV) and a bed in a 6-bed dorm starts at £17.

Everton Hostel is located close to the city center (10-15 min) and offers PCs with free internet in all shared dorms, game room and breakfast included in the room price. Room rates start around £35/night for a double room (bathroom ensuite) and £9/night for a bed in a 10-bed dorm.

Liverpool International Inn is located in the city center, between the two cathedrals. It offers a TV lounge and game room, kitchen, free wi-fi as well as free coffee and tea all day long. Room rates start at £69/night for a twin room (bathroom ensuite) and £16/night for a bed in a 8-bed (mixed) dorm.

Melwood Serviced Apartments is located 3 miles from the city center and offers a nice choice for those traveling in groups or for larger families. The 4-bed apartment costs £125/night.

link gacor

November 2, 2009

Nice Weather, Affordable Hotels and Lovely Events in Lisbon in November

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

LisbonLisbon is particularly known for its culture and nightlife. While during summer tourists flock here for the sandy beaches and excellent clubs, during the colder season it’s the vibrant nightlife that draws people.

There’s a lot of sightseeing to be done and there are plenty of neighborhoods to check out. Just remember to pack an umbrella and some good walking shoes as the weather can be quite unpredictable during autumn.

Budgeting: vacation packages or independent traveling?

When it comes to visiting Europe during the low season (fall or spring), it’s very easy to create your own vacation package. During November, both the airfare and hotel prices are at their lowest. Although you can find cheap flights to Lisbon regardless of where you want to fly from, it’s often a good idea to book a flight into a major European hub (such as London or Paris) and then look for a flight to Lisbon.

Lisbon’s city center is filled with lovely hotels and is also an excellent base for your exploration. Hotels in Lisbon range from cheap to luxury and at this time of the year you might find some good bargains at luxury hotels (which are way too expensive during summer).

If you want to book a Europe vacation package look for something which combines the flight and the accommodation. And you might even want to add some days in the near-by cities as well (Madrid, anyone?).

Things to do in Lisbon in November

Although November is considered a low season month in Lisbon, you surely won’t get bored if you plan your vacation here now.

In early November, you can watch the golf players trying to win the Estoril and Sintra International Golf Week. The events take place at several venues and notable international golf player are invited.

The National Horse Fair takes place in mid-November. It is held n the nearby municipality of Golega, directly north-east of Lisbon and is a very interesting equestrian event.

The 3rd International Videoart & Film Festival, called Primeiras – 1as, takes place from Nov 4 until Nov 28.

Also, the National and international contemporary art festival takes place from Nov 19 until Nov 23 at the FIL’s Pavilion 4. The individual tickets cost €8 and the gallery is open from 4 p.m.

Where to stay

There are plenty of places to stay to choose from, covering every possible budget. It’s a good idea to look for a hotel in the city center, as you’ll be close to everything. This time of the year is perfect for exploring the city without running into hoards of tourists.

Hospedaria Verde Esperanca is located in Lisbon historical heart and is a great base for exploring the city. They offer 10 rooms (singles and doubles). During November, the room rates start at €37 per night for a double room (1 bed; bathroom ensuite).

Residencial Joao XXI is located in the heart of Lisbon at a walking distance of trendy Liberdade Avenue. All rooms have AC, private bathrooms, TV and phone. Breakfast is included in the room price. During November, the room rates start at €37 per night for a double room (1 bed).

Goodnight Hostel is located in the heart of Lisbon’s historical downtown area, on a pedestrian street. It offers 12 rooms and 4 dorms, as well as 2 common rooms. In November, the room rates start at €47 per night (1 bed, shared bathroom).

Guesthouse Beira Mar is located in the oldest part of the city and offers great views of the Tagus River. It offers free wi-fi, free breakfast, free towels and free linen. In November, the room rates start at €53 per night (1 bed, private bathroom).

Lisbon Youth Hostel is located in the center of the city and can accommodate up to 174 guests. During November a bed in a 4-bed dorm costs €16 per night.

link gacor
« Newer Posts

Powered by WordPress