Hotels.bootsnall.com

August 31, 2009

Caribbean Hotels are Affordable during the Low Season

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

caribbeanThe Caribbean comprises a large archipelago stretching between North and South America. For those sick of shoveling snow and shivering each time they go out during the winter, the Caribbean is the perfect vacation destination. Unfortunately, exactly when we want to escape the cold, the Caribbean hotels tend to be quite expensive, as the high season is in full swing. A good alternative is to visit the Caribbean during the low season. Although the hurricane season lasts from June to November, not all islands are in peril of being hit by the tropical storms.

The Caribbean islands have something to offer for everyone, whether you are looking to soak up the sun, go snorkeling, hike, and enjoy the incredible cuisine or the islands’ charm. Some islands are known to be the hangout of the rich and famous but that doesn’t mean you’d have to break a bank in order to afford a vacation here.

Vacation packages: give them a chance

At some point in our lives, we all want to visit the Caribbean. And the best way to start searching for that perfect vacation spot is to check out the Caribbean vacation packages . They comprise not only the flight and accommodation but, in some cases, even some additional services. The packages come in many forms so make sure to read them carefully. During the off-season you will be able to find incredibly good deals on hotels which otherwise are way too expensive.

In case you prefer to book the flight and accommodation separately, you should first decide where you want to spend your Caribbean vacation. Some of the most important gateways into the area include: Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic and Jamaica. There are also direct flights from various European capitals into the large islands.

San Juan, Puerto Rico, serves as a big hub for several airlines which connect the United States with the Caribbean, so finding flights to Puerto Rico is typically a very easy chore and the best choice for the American travelers. Once here, you can travel to the island of your choice either by plane or ferry.

Hotels in the Caribbean are plentiful and come in many forms, from cheap B&Bs to high-end resorts. Once you have decided where you want to spend your vacation, look for the deals offered by the resorts and work your way down the price list. During the low season, many resorts offer very good discounts, especially on various packages.

What to do

September and October are typically quiet months in the Caribbean, but it surely doesn’t mean you’ll be bored here.

Barbados is one of the islands which offer a lot of events during this period. If you like sports, you can enjoy some relaxing time at the Beach Football Festival, watching cricket matches or attending tennis games.

For three days (September 6 to 8), Puerto Rico is home to the Apparel, Shoes & Gifts Show, a good excuse for anyone who likes to go shopping. It takes place at the Puerto Rico Convention Center.

And you don’t need to go to Las Vegas for some gambling excitement. Instead, head to Aruba between October 3 and 10, for the Aruba Poker Classic 2009 tournament. If you’ve got the money and skills, you can try your luck!

Where to stay

Whether you plan to come to the Caribbean for the events mentioned above or just for enjoying a beach vacation, you will need a place to stay. Here are some ideas to get you started.

Aruba - MVC Eagle Beach : is located just across Eagle Beach and offers a cozy place for a relaxed vacation. You can use the tennis court free of charge and there’s also a laundry room for the guests. The low season rates are $85 per night for a double room but you also need to purchase the $8.50 per person breakfast. For a minimum of 3 nights stay you can benefit from a 25% discount.

BahamasViva Fortuna Beach : is an all inclusive resort, perfect for a romantic vacation. The 276 rooms offer either ocean or garden view and are equipped with TV. The resort offers a lot of special packages, including romance and dive ones. The 4-night dive package starts at $117 per night per person.

BarbadosDover Beach Hotel : comprises three blocks, out of which one (Calais) is located directly on the beach. The hotel offers a pool bar and there are some restaurants close by. There’s free wi-fi within the hotel as well as a swimming pool for the guests. Prices start at $100 per night for a studio with garden view. Wedding packages are available.

Puerto RicoSan Miguel Plaza Hotel : is located in the commercial area of Puerto Rico, but with easy access to all the tourist hot spots. The breakfast is included in the room price and there’s free high speed internet available for the guests. A deluxe double room costs $150 per night during the low season.

USVIIsland Beachcomber Hotel : is located on St. Thomas and offers a lovely atmosphere for a relaxing vacation. All rooms feature AC, TV, fridge, coffee maker and free wi-fi. The restaurant is a great place to try some incredible Caribbean food. Room rates start at $129 per night for a double room.

link gacor

August 28, 2009

High Occupancy Level for London Hotels but Low Profit per Room all Over Europe

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

LondonIn a recent article published by Hospitality.net the latest numbers for the hotel markets have been made public.

London is still doing well in terms of occupancy level. Compared to June 2008, this year the occupancy level rose by 0.3%, reaching 87%. But this was achieved only because the average room rate in June 2009 declined by 7.1% compared to the same month last year.

Paris is competing with London in terms of occupancy rate. Paris hotels achieved 84.4% rate and an average room rate of €200.62, which puts Paris on the top of the list, having the highest revenue per available room (London is second).

Vienna, on the other hand, has seen a drastic decrease in revenue per available room. It went down 27.2% during the first 6 months of the year, which was to be expected. Last year Vienna performed well because of UEFA Euro 2008 soccer tournament. More so, the average room rate went down 20% in June 2009.

Amsterdam and Brussels are joining Vienna in terms of revenue per available room. It dropped more than 20% in both cities, compared to the first six months of 2008. Following their lead, Prague also has seen a decline of over 20% in revenue per available room. And both in Prague and Brussels the occupancy rate was below 70% in June 2009.

Prague, however, is a special “case”. Over the recent years tourism has grown significantly here mostly due to European Union citizens discovering the city. But due to the recession, Britons, Germans and Italians are not flocking to visit other European Union cities anymore and prefer to stay close to home. And on top of that, US tourists aren’t rushing to travel over the Atlantic anymore either.

Overall, several conclusions can be drawn. If you haven’t managed to visit cities such as Vienna, Amsterdam or Prague it’s time to start planning. By November the prices will drop even more – because the off-season is starting – and chances are that you’ll be able to find very affordable rooms.

Thanks to the weakness of the pound, London is still having a lot of visitors. Although the prices aren’t falling down sharply – like in the case of the above-mentioned cities – hoteliers will be tempted to keep the occupancy rates high at the expense of room rates, so as the summer draws to an end, we might see the prices drop even more.

link gacor

August 27, 2009

Cardiff Hotels are Cheap During Autumn

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cadiff mainOnce having the reputation of a rough industrial city, Cardiff is now the newest hot spot in the UK and tourists are flocking to discover its history and culture. With a history of over 2000 years, the city surely has interesting things to offer to its visitors. Cardiff Castle’s foundations are based on the old Roman fort and the entire building is beautiful and fascinating.

Aside from the famous Castle, Cardiff is also home to some stunning churches, incredible modern architecture and interesting museums. If you prefer a quieter experience, there are quite a few stunning places outside the city where hiking and climbing are possible.

Independent traveling or choosing a vacation package?

Whenever you visit a city for the first time it’s always a good idea to check the packages before deciding to go independent. The reason is simple: you will save money by booking the flight and accommodation on the same site and you might even get some extras in the package. Looking for European vacation packages which include Cardiff is a good start for your research. If nothing suits your preference (budget, days off, hotel) then you can try the independent way.

With the numbers of flights between the UK and US being limited lately, many think that it’s either expensive or hard to find a flight to anywhere in the UK. That’s not exactly the case. Flights to Cardiff are plentiful and affordable. If, however, you cannot find something to suit your plans, you can always fly into London or Bristol and travel to Cardiff. The early fall is a popular time to visit Cardiff so you might want to book your flight in advance.

When it comes to accommodation, you should try to find cheap hotels in Cardiff located in the central area, especially if you plan to check out the city’s historical side. The center can be easily tackled on foot so staying close to the area is definitely an advantage.

What to do

cardiff cheeseCardiff Harbour Festival is a free event which takes place between August 29 and 31 in Cardiff Bay. The event comprises nautical entertainment for the entire family, with spectacular ship displays, sea craft displays, music, market and entertainers. And you can also get tips on how to prepare fish dishes (yum!).

The Great British Cheese Festival takes place on September 26 and 27 at Cardiff Castle. It’s heaven for any cheese lover. There are over 450 varieties of cheese to try… plus a lot of other good food. Wash them down with good beer, sherry and cider.

Where to stay

When it comes to visit cities with beautiful historic centers, it’s always a good idea to find accommodation close to that area. Cardiff makes no exception. But if the prices in the center are a bit too high, generally speaking, the further away from the center you get, the cheaper the rooms should be. Or you can stay outside the town, especially if you plan to visit the countryside.

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff : is located in a modern building, in the center of Cardiff. All rooms offer free wi-fi and AC. There’s something unique about this hotel: the cabin rooms (2 beds). Room rates start from only £55 per night.

Park Plaza Cardiff : is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the city. They offer 129 non smoking rooms, all with AC, TV, free wi-fi, coffee maker and mini bar. Room rates range between £110 and £175 per night depending on the package of services you choose.

Future Inn Cardiff Bay : is located within Cardiff Bay, close to the city center. They offer free parking and free local calls. Special packages are available, including a romantic package (2-nights stay from £159 per person). The standard room rates start at £50 per night.

Cardiff Marriott Hotel : is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the Café Quarter of Cardiff city centre. All rooms have AC, free wi-fi, mini-bar and hair dryer. Special packages are available for rates starting with £108 per room per night.

Lincoln House Hotel : is located couple of minutes from Cardiff, in a restored Victorian house. The hotel offers: free breakfast, free wi-fi, free parking and TV in all rooms. The prices for double rooms start from £65 per night during the low season and from £100 per night during the high season.

link gacor

August 26, 2009

September Comes with Hot Deals in Las Vegas

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

las vegas bellagioSeptember might just be the perfect month to head to Las Vegas. The weather is pleasant although it might turn a bit hot around noon. With the kids back to school and the family vacations not happening anymore, the hotels are not too crowded and the atmosphere is a little less chaotic. So we might just be looking at the perfect opportunity for the rest of us to head to Sin City. Las Vegas: Hot hotel deals at Mandalay Bay. Prices start at $89 per night!

But I’m biased since I’ve always liked Las Vegas and not particularly for its glamour and gambling. If you look past that you will discover a beautiful city, a romantic way to spend a week from home and a great base for exploring the natural landscapes nearby. Or you can explore your “geeky” side. In a recent article, Times Online lists Las Vegas as one of the top 10 geeky holiday spots . Why? Let me remind you that Las Vegas has been the site for testing nuclear bombs since the 1950s. Some of the tests were conducted above ground and were visible from the Strip. So they soon became tourist attractions. Today you can visit a museum dedicated to nuclear testing and its history.

In case the deal above didn’t hit the spot, why don’t you try one of the Las Vegas vacation packages ? Such offers include the round trip flight, accommodation and, often, the rental car. You end up saving both time and money by using a single website to book them all. Plus, in most cases, such offers are based on last minute deals so you’ll surely be saving some money.

If you happen to be the kind of traveler who saves up miles for a special vacation, you can put those saved miles to good use and book a flight to Las Vegas. Then, all you need is a room to stay so take some time to check out the hotels in Las Vegas . Ideally you should look for rooms during the week as during the weekends the rates are always higher.

Hotels alone are on sale too

Although no one likes the current economical situation, looks like at least one category of people can benefit (at least some) from it: the budget travelers. If you pay attention and look carefully, you can choose from plenty of hotel rooms for under $60 per night, located right on the Strip .

And if you just managed to get such a great deal, why don’t you take a look at what you can do in Las Vegas for free? Oh yes! It’s possible to have fun in Las Vegas without paying a single cent and the attractions vary from seeing shows to watching the dancing fountains.

One of the most popular free attractions in Las Vegas can be found in front of the Bellagio Hotel: the dancing fountains. More than 1000 water nozzles “dance” together with the 4000 lights on vibrant music. Together they form one of the most interesting and beautiful water features ever to be designed. The shows take place from Monday to Friday between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., every 30 minutes; from 8 p.m. until midnight there are shows every 15 minutes, while during the weekend they begin at 12 p.m.

link gacor

August 25, 2009

Cancun Hotels are Cheap during the Low Season

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cancun mainCancun is a year round summer paradise where tourists love to relax and enjoy a romantic vacation. When the northern hemisphere is battling the cold winters, Cancun is the perfect retreat. But while during the high season the hotel prices might be a bit too much to handle, during the low season, the bargains are abundant and it’s quite affordable to spend a beach vacation in Cancun.

Aside from enjoying the beaches and all activities which come with them, Cancun is also a good base for exploring the surrounding areas. Chichen Itza is located about 2 ½ hours from Cancun by car and is the most visited archeological site in the Yucatan peninsula. Another important archeological site, Tulum, is located only 80 miles from Cancun (or 2 hours by bus). If you still want to stay close to a beach but prefer to avoid the famous Cancun tourist traps, head to Isla Mujeres . It’s located just 20 minutes by ferry from the hotel zone and there are plenty of things to do. Or you can snorkel in Cozumel , where you can find some of the best diving and snorkeling spots in the Caribbean.

Cancun Vacation Packages

Typically you need to book your vacation about six months in advance to be sure you save money. And that happens regardless of how many starts the hotel offers. Another sure way to save money is look for Cancun Vacation Packages . They include the flight, accommodation and often some extras. If you are after a romantic getaway, the package will most often include a romantic dinner and welcome champagne. During the off season many resorts offer very affordable packages, sprinkled with a lot of extras to make sure they get tourists here.

If you prefer the independent route, firstly you need to book a flight to Cancun . According to the airport’s website there are 115 airlines serving it, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a flight. And during the low season keep your eyes open and if you see a special offer don’t be shy to book that ticket.

It might be a bit tricky to find hotels in Cancun if you stumble here on the spur of the moment, but not impossible … and certainly not during the low season. The hotels in downtown Cancun are very cheap but located far from the beach.

September Events in Cancun

cancun foodThe month of September is filled with events, ranging from the most important festival of the month in Cancun, to events related to the Independence Day, a food show and the autumn equinox at Chichen Itza.

During the entire month of September, Viva México En Cancun comprises a number of very popular events. It is the most important festival in the city during this month and you can see art exhibitions, listen to folk music, take part in activities and many more.

September 15 and 16 are dedicated to the Independence Day activities. Grito de la Independencia takes place at midnight on September 15 and remembers the Independence of 1810. Many locals gather in downtown to shout ‘Viva Mexico’. The next day (which is the Independence Day) a grand military parade takes place in downtown Cancun. There are thousands of locals and tourists attending the events.

Mid-September is also the best time to sample real Mexican food at the Latin American Food Show. There are demonstrations and workshops during the days of the festival.

For a special way to celebrate the Autumn Equinox make sure to be in Chichen Itza in late September. The sun rays create the image of a serpent on the pyramid and the event attracts thousands of tourists.

Where to stay

September is filled with so many events which tourists love to attend. So although the month is technically during the low season, given the demand of rooms, you should book your hotel in advance. And if you haven’t, you might need to stick to whatever you can find available.

Condo Hotel Cancun Plaza : is located directly on the beach in the Hotel Zone. All rooms have AC, ocean front balcony and kitchenette. The hotel offers a swimming pool and a bar. Special promotions are available (extra nights). A double room costs $69 per night.

Hotel Plaza Kokai : is located in a residential area, close to the beach. It’s perfect for business travelers as well as families. There are 48 rooms, all equipped with AC. There’s wi-fi both in the lobby and in the rooms. Children under 10 stay free in the room with parents. A double room costs $58 per night.

Hotel Suites Gaby : is located in the heart of Cancun. The new hotel is perfect for families and business travelers. There are 54 rooms, all equipped with AC, TV, phone and internet. A double room costs $47 per night.

Hotel Sotavento : is located in the hotel zone, close to downtown. There are 90 rooms, all with AC, TV and free wi-fi. The American breakfast is included in the room price. The hotel also offers a swimming pool, a bar and a restaurant. A twin private room costs $44 per night.

Hotel Tankah : is located in downtown Cancun, about 15 minutes from the bus station. The rooms offer private bathroom, TV, AC and phone. A double room costs $27 per night.

link gacor

August 24, 2009

Affordable Hotels in Cambridge Can Be Found

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cambridge mainWhile many think of Cambridge only as a place to study, the British city is also famous for the breathtaking views across the River Cam and stunning Gothic architecture. Visiting UK is very easy for any English speaking traveler but finding cheap accommodation in this beautiful city might be a bit trickier than you think.

Even if you are not planning to study here, visiting the colleges is quite an interesting experience. There are also quite a lot of museums to check out, depending on what you are interested in. The city is also home to some beautiful churches and relaxing parks.

Vacation packages

Many travelers think of vacation packages only when they plan to spend their vacation in resorts. But a package can refer just to the simple act of buying the flight and the accommodation from the same site and often at discounted prices. So, considering that Cambridge is not a cheap destination anyway, it’s worth it to look for some European vacation packages before you make other plans.

If you take the independent road, it’s good to know that the closest airport to Cambridge is London Stansted. But if you fly from abroad you’ll land on London’s Heathrow airport, one of the most important gateways into Europe. Finding cheap flights to London is easy and although the flights from US to UK have been limited to several airlines, there are quite a lot of deals available.

When it comes to finding hotels in Cambridge try to look for accommodation located further away from the city center. Also, you might want to stay in a hotel with a lovely view of one the many parks.

Festivals and Events in Cambridge

Whether you plan to study here or not, you might want to use the unique opportunity to explore the city’s colleges. The event is called Open Cambridge and takes place on September 11 and 12, 2009. There are themed tours focused on the departments and libraries.

The Bridge the Gap Charity Walk takes place on September 13, 2009 and is one of the most popular charity walks in the region. The 4.5 mile walk is raises money for Arthur Rank Hospice and Press Relief. There are activities on route and the participants can also learn more about the city and its history.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit this beautiful city, you need to find a place to stay which is both in a good location and at a reasonable price. There are few hotels in the city center but some of them might be reasonably priced or offer good deals. Otherwise, you can always book a room in one of the hotels which overlook the parks.

Regent Hotel : is located in the center of the city and offers 22 rooms. All rooms are non-smoking and are equipped with AC, TV and internet access. A double standard room costs £109 per night.

Holiday Inn Cambridge : is located close to the city center. The hotel offers a gym, a swimming pool and a spa. All rooms are equipped with TV and coffee maker. The price for a double room ranges from £89 to £164.50 per night. Special romantic packages are available.

Hotel Felix : is located close to the city center and offer luxury accommodation. All rooms are non smoking and including the overnight parking. Special packages are available. For example, if you choose the Graffiti Break package costs £99 per person and includes dinner and breakfast (valid until December 31, 2009). Standard rates range between £185 and £280 per room.

Duxford Lodge : is located in the village of Duxford, just 20 min from Stansted Airport and from Cambridge city center. There’s free wi-fi access within the hotel. All rooms are equipped with TV and hair dryer. Special offers are available. Rates are higher during the weekdays and lower during the weekends. A standard double room costs £118.50 per night during the weekdays and £108.00 per night during the weekends. The room rates include breakfast.

The Lensfield : is located in the heart of the city, close to the colleges and other sites. The hotel offers 30 rooms, all with central heating, TV, ADSL internet and safe. A double or twin room costs £99 per night. The rates include breakfast.

link gacor

August 21, 2009

Hotels Perform Worse in Dublin Than in Belfast

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

belfastBoth Ireland and Northern Ireland are popular vacation destinations. Although the island belongs to two different countries often the surveys and statistics comprise and compare both Northern Ireland and the Republic.

We’ve recently read in an article published by Belfast Telegraph that according to the latest industry survey the Northern Ireland hotels outperform their Republic counterparts. Although the profits dropped by 12% in Northern Ireland, the Republic took the economy crisis worse, with profits dipping by 25% in 2008, compared to 2007.

Compared to 2007, in 2008 the average room occupancy rate in Northern Ireland fell to 69.3% from 72.9% but it’s still the second highest since the survey began in 1995. Despite the fell in occupancy rate, the average room price increased by 6.8% compared to 2007. While the room revenue increased each year, the total revenue decreased.

Northern Ireland, which belongs to the UK, is famous for the Giants Causeway, a splendid coastline. The distinctive volcanic formations are any nature lover’s dream. The Mourne Mountains are also a beautiful sight to visit, with scenic mountain tracks passing along rivers and lakes. Belfast, the largest city in Northern Ireland offers a lot of interesting sights: castle, museums, galleries and cathedrals.

There are a lot of hostels to choose from in Belfast, with prices ranging from £10 per bed in a dorm and £20 per bed in a private room. For those who want more facilities (or more intimacy), hotels also cater for any budget. Mid-range hotel room prices average around £65 per night, while high end hotel room prices start at £100 per night if you plan to stay right in the heart of the city.

Ireland is famous for castles, medieval towns and dramatic sceneries. The capital, Dublin, is filled with museums, cathedrals, parks and pubs. Don’t miss touring the Guinness Storehouse, where you can find pretty much everything you need to know about beer. And, of course, you’d also want to know about whiskey, so head to the Old Jameson Distillery. Plus you’d probably want to check out some pubs. The ghost stories are omnipresent here so if you plan to explore this part of Dublin, you can take the Dublin Ghostbus.

When it comes to accommodation, Dublin is filled with budget hotels and hostels. Prices for beds in shared rooms are around €22-25 per night. Hotels also satisfy any tourist’s needs, from those wanting just the basic facilities to those looking for a posh place to stay.

link gacor

August 20, 2009

Hotels in Buenos Aires Are Still Very Cheap

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

buenos aires mainWhile no longer the dirt cheap destination it was in the early 2000s, Buenos Aires is still a very affordable place to visit for both Americans and Europeans. Aside from the flight, everything really fits a budget traveler’s resources. A large pizza costs about $1.50 (20 pesos), while a steak dinner will only burn a whole of about $3 in your budget.

The city is divided into 48 districts called barrios, which means there’s a lot to do and see here. You can soak up the atmosphere in the Palermo, El Puerto de Buenos Aires and Caminito (La Boca) areas. You’ll find pedestrian streets, loads of stores as well as green parks.

Budget: flight and accommodation

When parents consider a family vacation package they usually have in mind places like Disneyland or some sort of a resort which offers children’s program. But do remember that children are like sponges and they love to learn everything. So it might be a good idea to show them the beauty of tango and the European feel of Buenos Aires. Plus, such packages often comprise not only the flight, accommodation and meals but also some extras.

If you prefer to go the independent way, firstly you need to find a cheap flight to Buenos Aires . The city is served by Ministro Pistarini International Airport, the largest international airport in Argentina, located about 35 km from the downtown area. If the direct flights into Buenos Aires seem a bit too high, you might want to fly into Montevideo (Uruguay) and then travel to Buenos Aires by bus, train or plane.

While the food and transport are still dirt cheap in Buenos Aires, the hotel rates have risen during the recent years. However, given the number of neighborhoods and how big the city is, finding cheap hotels in Buenos Aires is still easy. The San Telmo area is where you’ll most likely find the cheap hotels and quite a few hostels as well.

Festivals and Events in Buenos Aires

In early September (9 to 12), Buenos Aires is home to the Vinos y Bodegas Wine Exhibition. The event is held at the La Rural exhibition center and comprises representatives from more than 100 of Argentina’s wineries. Cooking demonstrations and wine tasting are part of the event.

In October travelers can enjoy excellent music at the International Guitar Festival. Classical, flamenco and traditional guitar music will be played during the weekend. Entrance is free.

Where to stay

Buenos Aires is famous for the flamenco music, tango and great Argentinean wines. But it is also famous for being one of the best European cities outside Europe and an excellent vacation spot for those on a low budget. Finding an affordable place to stay is not hard but it does require a bit of research.

Mitre Suites Hotel : is located in the quiet and safe neighborhood of Caballito. All rooms offer ensuite bathroom and TV. The breakfast is included in the room price and there’s wi-fi in the lobby. A double private room costs about $21 per night.

Palermo House : is located in the trendiest neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Palermo Soho. They offer both private rooms and dorms. There’s a kitchen the guests can use, as well as a game room. Guests can also use the free wi-fi. The breakfast is included in the room price. A double room with bathroom ensuite costs $33 per night.

Hotel Bolivar : is located in the historic district of San Telmo, an area preferred by budget travelers. There’s wi-fi available both in the lobby and room. The breakfast is not included in the room price. A double room with bathroom ensuite costs $28 per night.

Circus Hostel&Hotel : is also located in San Telmo. It’s the only hostel in Buenos Aires which offers a swimming pool. All rooms have bathroom ensuite and are equipped with AC. Breakfast is included in the room price. A double room costs $44 per night.

Sudamerika Hostel & Suites : is located in the historical center of Buenos Aires. There’s a rooftop terrace bar for the guests to use. Breakfast and internet are included in the room prices. A double room with bathroom ensuite costs $50 per night.

link gacor

August 19, 2009

New York City Breaks are Very Affordable Now

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

New YorkExciting, mysterious and the setting for Sex and the City, New York City has always had a particular appeal for many tourists. It’s the playground for incredible night life, great restaurants, fashion and, let’s not forget, the world-renewed tourist attractions. If visiting New York has been on your radar for a long while but didn’t manage to get to this stunning city yet, the opportunity has just come knocking on the door. Escape to New York City. Special “Gotham” Vacation Packages.

Everyone knows that New York is not exactly the cheapest tourist destination in North America. As a matter of fact, an article in Telegraph.co.uk lists New York as one of the most expensive cities in the entire world. The strengthening of the US Dollar over the past year has surely helped the city achieve such a reputation.

But if you think you cannot afford a vacation in New York, it’s time to re-think your options. Looking for New York vacation packages might not be your first choice but think of it this way: you need a way to get there and a place to stay. Why waste time and money searching the many websites when you can book both of them on a single website? And you might be able to find some good deals as well.

If you do have some miles saved and you can find a way to use them for a flight to New York then go for it. However, it might be a good idea to avoid JFK and fly into La Guardia, especially if you want to stay in Manhattan.

Now that you’ve secured the flight, it’s time to look for accommodation. Hotels in New York cater for pretty much any budget. If you have Manhattan on your mind, you can try looking for cheap hotels in the not-so-upscale neighborhoods, such as East Village, Chinatown, Gramercy Park, and the Theater District.

Or you can give up staying in the city and choose New Jersey. You can easily find a lot of hotels, inns and motels for prices starting at about $40 per night . And best of all, you will stay very close to New York City.

You can save on entrance fees too

If you are a first time visitor, it’s a good idea to look into one of the many multi-attraction passes available. Probably the best option would be the New York Pass which allows you visit over 50 attractions and you get line skipping privileges. These passes are available for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days and 7 days and the prices range from $75 to $180 for an adult. But before you make such a decision, it’s wise to look up what attractions are free and see if you plan to visit those or the ones which require an entrance fee.

No matter how short your stay is, you should to put the Statue of Liberty on your must-visit list (and make sure to reserve a spot to visit the museum). Also, the Immigration Museum on Ellis Island is worth visiting (plus it’s free). The ferry from Battery Park leaves every 25 minutes and stops on both Liberty Island and Ellis Island.

Other places worth checking out include: Empire State Building – consider visiting at night especially to avoid the crowds – , Brooklyn Bridge, World Trade Center Site, Grand Central Terminal and Rockefeller Plaza. For stunning views of the city (minus the long line and crowds that you can find at the previously mentioned Empire State Building), go on Top of the Rock, the observation level of the Rockefeller Center. And to relax after all that sightseeing, Central Park is a great choice. You might even want to visit the zoo while you are.

link gacor

August 18, 2009

Hotel Deals Lure Visitors to Visit Brooklyn

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

brooklyn mainNew York is one of those places on Earth which should be visited at least once in a lifestyle. While most visitors focus on Manhattan, beautiful and interesting boroughs like Brooklyn are often forgotten. Brooklyn is not only famous for the landmarks but is also a great place to find a cheap hotel.

Aside from being home to the Brooklyn Bridge – the first bridge crossing the East River to link Brooklyn to Manhattan – this area of New York also offers a variety of museums and parks to enjoy. The New York Transit Museum and the Micro Museum are often hosting festivals and other events. On the other hand, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden is worth a visit just to escape the hustle and bustle of the metropolis.

>>read more about Things to Do in Brooklyn

New York vacation packages

New York is one of the world’s greatest cities but unfortunately it’s not exactly a cheap place to visit. While planning your vacation, you should consider checking out the New York vacation packages and save some money. Generally, such packages include the flight, accommodation and, often, either a rental car or various show tickets. There are many packages available in different combinations so make sure to check them out and see if anything fits your budget and days off.

If you do choose the independent route, firstly you need to look up a flight. The city is served by three airports so cheap flights to New York are plentiful and easy to find. LaGuardia Airport is closest to Manhattan. The busiest gateway in the US, JFK is located in Queens while Newark Liberty International Airport is in Newark, about 15 miles from the city. No matter which airport you choose, you need to consider the time and cost of the transfer to/from the airport.

The major advantage of booking a hotel in Brooklyn is that the rates are significantly lower than in Manhattan. In fact, Brooklyn is home to many people who work in Manhattan who prefer to live in a cheaper borough.

Festivals in Brooklyn

Brooklyn Book FestivalThe Brooklyn Book Festival will take place on September 13, 2009 and is a free, public event which attracts thousands of book lovers who want to check out the famous and emerging authors. The venue for the event is Brooklyn Borough Hall and Plaza. Visitors are welcome from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event is organized around themed readings and panel discussions.

The 6th Annual Brooklyn Country Music Festival takes place between September 17 and 19, 2009 and there are a lot of bands to see. The venue is Southpaw and tickets cost $10 per night or $25 for all three nights (audience above 18).

>>read more about what to expect in New York in September

On October 4, 2009 the New York Transit Museum is home to the 16th Annual Bus Festival. A collection of vintage buses will be on display on Boerum Place. Entrance is free.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit Brooklyn (or New York), finding a nice place to stay depends a lot on your budget. Brooklyn is not exactly a small borough (it is home to about 2 million inhabitants) so choose carefully taking into account what you plan to do.

Sleep Inn Brooklyn : is located in Sunset Park neighborhood, close to the Brooklyn Museum, the Brighton Beach, Coney Island and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The inn offers free breakfast, free wi-fi, free parking and free local calls. There are 97 rooms available for the guests, equipped with AC, TV and coffee maker. Double room rates range from $119 to $129 per night.

Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Downtown : is located close to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and Brooklyn Bridge. The pet friendly hotel offers 104 rooms, all with free wi-fi, TV and coffee maker. Double room rates range from $91 to $184 per night. Best rates can be found if you book in advance.

Red Carpet Inn : is located in the center of Brooklyn. It offers 50 rooms, some equipped with Jacuzzi and fridge. Room rates start at $85 per night.

Best Western Brooklyn Bay : is located on the waterfront of Long Island area, offering quick access to the New York landmarks. All rooms are equipped with coffee maker, fridge and AC. Breakfast is included in the room price and there’s a fitness center in the hotel. Special offers are available. Room rates start at $170 per night.

Comfort Inn Brooklyn : is located close to Coney Island, Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. There are 60 rooms available for the guests. Rates range between $149.99 and $179.99 per night and the minimum stay is two nights.

link gacor
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress