Hotels.bootsnall.com

September 16, 2009

October Means Great Deals for Family Vacations in Jamaica

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:09 am

hotel deal jamaicaThe entire Caribbean is an incredible place to spend a family vacation. But the high season is quite expensive and many families prefer cheaper places to head to. If you happen to have some spare time in October, you can pack your bags and head to Runaway Bay, Jamaica. All-inclusive rates and kids program at Pebbles Resort from $622 per person (7-nights accommodation included)!!!

But I might be biased when I recommend Jamaica (or even the entire Caribbean area) for a family vacation. Many resorts are geared towards families and there are always a lot of interesting things to do for the kids, which allows the parents to spend some quality time together. You don’t have to believe me though. This article in Chicago Tribune also recommends the Caribbean as a great place to take the kids on a vacation.

More types of deals in Jamaica

Caribbean vacation packages are among the most-sought after types of vacations, be it for families, couples or a girls-only vacation. The beautiful islands, the crystal-clear waters and the incredible scenery offer everyone a chance to relax and get out of the daily routine.

If you don’t manage to find a package to match your criteria, you can always build your own package by booking the flight and vacation separately. There are two airports in Jamaica which receive flights from Europe and North America. Finding cheap flights to Jamaica is not hard, especially if you plan to travel during the low-season, when the prices are at their lowest. Alternatively, you can fly into Puerto Rico and catch a connecting flight from there.

When it comes to finding a place to stay, although Jamaica is a rather small island there are quite a lot of hotels and resorts here. Finding cheap hotels in Jamaica is easy if you know where to look. Ditch the famous resort chains and look into budget accommodation within the cities. Negril is more relaxed while Montego Bay is where the majority of tourists head to.

Other places to go

But the Caribbean is not limited to Jamaica. Actually, there are endless possibilities to choose from and it usually depends on your allocated budget. The Dominican Republic is a good choice for families and deals can be found easily. You can stay in Punta Cana for 7 nights and pay $861 per person (RT flight from New York included) .

link gacor

September 15, 2009

Festivals, Parades and Cheap Hotels at Disneyland This Autumn

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

DisneylandFor the kids Disneyland is a magical place which must be experienced at least once in their childhood. For the adults, it’s a place where they can be kids again and act like ones if they want to. Regardless of your age, you’ll probably get hooked and want to spend a longer vacation here.

And in case you want to check out the surrounding cities, Los Angeles is definitely worth a visit. Chinatown is known as one of the most authentic of Chinatowns on the west coast, while the beaches are part of the city’s soul.

Family vacation packages

Typically, family vacation packages are created for places such as Disneyland. So why not benefit from them? If you are planning to take the kids to visit the park, then look into these deals. The packages comprise the round trip flight, accommodation and often some extras (like discounted theme park tickets).

If you managed to save some miles or you prefer to explore the surrounding areas, then look into booking the flight and accommodation separately. Disneyland is technically located in Anaheim, which is just 26 miles from Los Angeles. Since Los Angles is served by a variety of airports, you’ll always find some sort of a deal available. However, you probably have the most chances to find cheap flights into LAX rather than other airports.

With the flight secured, it’s time to find cheap hotels in Disneyland . As you might expect, the cheap hotels are located in the surrounding cities, Anaheim included, rather than in Disneyland. But don’t put off the rooms located within the resort especially if you plan to travel outside the peak season.

Festivals and Events at Disneyland This Autumn

disneyland mainHalloween Time at the Disneyland Resort lasts between September 25 and October 31. The Main Street will be home to the Pumpkin Festival, while The Haunted Mansion will be transformed into a Tim Burton ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ theme. For the first time this year special Halloween Fireworks will be on display. And kids can enjoy the new Halloween Space Mountain.

October 18 marks an important day for those who are into charity walks. The annual CHOC (Children’s Hospital of Orange County) 5K walk takes place at Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park (before the parks are open for the day).

Where to stay

Whether you come to Disneyland to spend your vacation in the dream land or you plan to visit the near-by places, you need a place to stay. And, ideally, it should be located close to everything and offer good rates. Here are some ideas to get you started, all places being located very close to the parks.

Alpine Inn : is located just 100 yards from the South Entrance of Disneyland. All rooms have microwave, fridge and iron boards. The rates start at $54 per night for a king size room (up to 2 people) in the off-season.

TownePlace Suites Anaheim : is located close to the park and offers free wi-fi within the entire hotel. Last minute weekend deals are available from $80 per night. The Weekend Disneyland Magical Escape in Anaheim package starts at $453 and includes 2-nights (all inclusive) stay in a studio and two Disney Park Hopper passes for two days.

Hotel Pepper Tree : is an extended stay boutique hotel located near Disneyland. The typical Disneyland package includes: 3-nights accommodation (for 2), two-day Disneyland Park Hopper passes (for 2) and complimentary breakfast. The rates are $151 per adult and $131 per child. Wedding and golf packages are also available.

Candy Cane Inn : is located 250 yards from the main gate to Disneyland. It offers 171 standard and deluxe rooms, all equipped with fridge, coffee maker and cable TV. The hotel offers shuttle services to the Disneyland Resort. There’s a fitness room the guests can use (7 a.m. to 10 a.m.) and the wi-fi is free of charge. Standard room rates start at $99 per night.

Staybridge Suites Anaheim – Resort Area : is located in the heart Anaheim, close to Disneyland. There are 143 rooms available, and the largest of them can accommodate 8 persons. Each room is equipped with full size kitchen. Breakfast is free of charge. Room rates start at $86 per night.

link gacor

September 14, 2009

Great Events and Affordable Hotels at Disney World This Autumn

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

disney world mainWalt Disney World is one of those magical places where adults start to act like children… and children absolutely love all the things to do and see. Autumn is a very good time to visit Disney World as the weather is great and the prices are low. Plus, there are loads of events to choose from for visitors of all ages.

Disney World Vacation Packages

You’ve probably heard it a million times by now, but during recession, the hotels are trying to attract tourists. And their weapons? Free nights, theme park tickets included in the packages and many more. Therefore, it’s not a bad idea to start your search with the Orlando Vacation Packages . Typically, the packages comprise the round trip flight, accommodation and some sort of extras.

There’s also the possibility to book your flight and accommodation separately. The airport of choice will be Orlando International Airport (MCO), or as the locals love to call it, Mickey’s Corporate Office. Joke aside flights to Orlando (or to Mickey and Company) are easy to find. If you happen to fly often with AirTran Airways, Delta Air Lines or Southwest Airlines, try to look on their websites first and then look on the discounted websites.

With the flight secured, it’s time to look for a place to stay. In general, the hotels within the resort are a little more expensive than those located outside the park. So if you are after cheap hotels in Disney World shop around and see whether the extras offered by the hotels within the resort compensate for the room rate. Also, remember that most hotels outside the park offer complimentary shuttle to Disney World.

Autumn Events at Disney World

No matter when you decide to visit Disney World there will always be something fun to do… whether you bring the kids or not.

Halloween at Disney World started in early September and lasts until November 1. On designated days there are parades at 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. as well as fireworks at 9:30 p.m. The event comprises several activities such as Mickey’s Halloween Party, Haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness or Haunted Pirates Cruise.

September 25 marks the start of the 14th Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. The event lasts until November 8 and comprises market places where you can try foods from all over the world, dining events, and a variety of other interesting (and delicious) activities.

October 17 marks the Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival at Downtown Disney. Colorful boats compete for the joy of the spectators.

Where to stay

It really doesn’t mater if you come to Disney World for the theme parks, events or just for the atmosphere because you will need a place to stay regardless of what you are up to. There are a lot of places to choose from so it’s quite hard to recommend only some of them. But, we are trying so here is a list to get you started:

Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando-Universal Studios : is an excellent choice if you plan to stay for a longer time. The suites are equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop. There’s a one-time $4.99 fee for the wireless internet. The guests can use the swimming pool and the fitness center. Continental breakfast is free. The rates for a studio suite start at $55 per night, while deluxe studios start at $60 per night.

Monumental Hotel Orlando : is located close to Seaworld and Aquatica, as well as shopping and dining. The guests can use the outdoor pool. All rooms have AC and coffee makers. Rates start at $62.10 per night for a standard double room.

Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall/Orlando : is located 3 blocks from Florida Mall and quite close to the theme parks. Breakfast and wi-fi are free. Guests can use the pool and the gym. Room rates start at $56.24 per night for a 1 king bed room.

Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista : is located just a quarter mile from Disney World. Guests can use the pool and the fitness center. Special deals rates start at $89.30 per night for a room. Standard rates start at $114 for a double room with breakfast included.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive : is located close to all the attractions in Orlando. The hotel offers free wi-fi. Last minute weekends deals available (starting at $69 per night). Standard room rates start at $89 per night.

link gacor

September 11, 2009

Cautious Optimism in Caribbean Tourism

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

jamaicaFor the first time in over a year, the bottom of the recession seems to be in sight. According to an article published by BBCCaribbean.com , lately inquires about Caribbean travel had increased and the European stock markets show signs of recovery.

With the profits declining all over the world, the International Monetary Fund predicated that, in the Caribbean, the tourism revenues would fall by 15% this year. Last year the drop was 18% and the future didn’t look too bright. The decline in tourist arrivals and revenue also leads to delays in opening new hotels and, even worse, some hotels in the area were forced to shut their doors. The country in the English-speaking Caribbean most affected by the recession has been Jamaica. On the other hand, Cuba has handled the recession well and received record visitors this year.

While hoteliers are forced to cut prices and add free services to entire potential tourists, the British government added another tax on flights in November last year, which also influenced the number of travelers choosing to spend their vacation in the Caribbean. By comparison, since the US requires its citizens to have a passport when visiting the Caribbean, there has been a loss in revenue of over $100m.

New flights available to the Caribbean

But despite the still gloomy economy, several airlines have announced new flights into the Caribbean. AirTran Airways will offer flights to Bahamas and Aruba from several American cities. It is interesting to see if new flights would influence the current prices. Those who plan to save money on flights to Caribbean, typically fly into one of the major hubs such as Puerto Rico, Bahamas and St. Maarten. These large islands offer the possibility to choose a cheap connecting flight for the reminder of the trip and, of course, there are also other ways to travel (by ferry, for example).

The peak tourist season in the Caribbean starts before Christmas and lasts right after New Years, but the high season extends until end of April. There are also some Caribbean nations which are located outside the hurricane belt and which are great vacation destinations year round.

However, the recent good signs coming from the Western European economies and stock markets seem to offer the Caribbean hoteliers a breath of fresh air and the hope for a better season.

link gacor

September 10, 2009

Loads of Events and Affordable Hotels This Fall in Destin

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

destin main Destin is located on the Emerald Coast of Florida and has been a popular resort town for many years. Typically not a budget travel destination, Destin generally attracts high-end travelers who love to experience the beautiful beaches, open-air shopping malls and the many events which take place here year-round.

Vacation packages

High-end beach destinations become quite affordable in two cases: vacation packages and low-season traveling. Typically, all inclusive vacation packages are a very good choice as they comprise the flight, accommodation and additional services. If you plan to stay within the resort and not do much else, it’s safe to say that you won’t be spending additional money.

Alternatively, you can try the independent traveling and book the flight and accommodation separately. The closest major airport to Destin is Mobile Regional Airport in Alabama. It is located 106 miles from the center of Destin. So aside from finding a cheap flight to Alabama you also need to consider renting a car to get to Destin.

Now for the accommodation part…finding cheap hotels in Destin is quite an adventure but not an impossible one. There are affordable places to stay located quite close to the beaches and restaurants.

What to do in Destin

Destin Fishing RodeoLove sea-food? Then come (and bring your camera as well) to the 20th Annual Lobster Festival and Tournament. It lasts from September 17 to 20 at The Last Local Beach Club. Along with the good music and good food, the festival also entertains with its very interesting tournament as Lobster Tournament divers will be competing in a variety of categories.

If you want to take a break from eating all that lobster, check out the Open Market (every Saturday from 4-8 pm) at the Fountain Square in Dowtown Fort Walton Beach. You can find everything from jewelry to fresh produce, plants and art.

Between September 24 and 27, don’t miss the Thunder Beach Autumn Motorcycle Rally at Panama City Beach. There are tons of activities, events and fun things to do including Bikini and wet t-shirt contests, Tattoo contest and best bike contest.

Destin Fishing Rodeo runs the entire month of October and attracts a lot of fishing enthusiasts. During October 2, 3 and 4 the 31st Annual Destin Seafood Festival takes place at the Harbor and you are invited to enjoy a large variety of sea food.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to spend a vacation in Destin, finding an affordable place to stay is a must. If your budget is dwindling, start with the inns and motels located furthest from the beach. Also, check out the special offers available at more expensive resorts.

Wingate Inn : is located quite close to the beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Breakfast is included in the room rate. There’s free wi-fi in the hotel and the business center is free for the hotel’s guests. The hotel offers a gym and a pool. Rates start at $79.25 per night (taxes included).

Candlewood Suites Destin-Miramar Beach : is located close to the beaches, restaurants and golf courses. It’s a 100% smoke free hotel which offers a gym, a pool and wi-fi. All suites come with fully equipped kitchenette and cable TV. Rates start at $68 per night.

Comfort Inn : is located on Emerald Coast Parkway, across the street from Destin Beach. The inn offers free breakfast and free coffee. Guests can use the pool, the gym and spend some money at the gift shop. Rates start at $90 per night.

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club : is located right on the beach with excellent views of the Golf. There’s wi-fi in the lobby and pool area. Daily rates in September start at $128 for a 1 bedroom suite and drop in October and November to as low as $89.

Sleep Inn : is located across the street from Silver Sands Outlet, just 1 mile from the beach. Breakfast is free and there’s free high speed internet available in the rooms as well. All rooms come with AC, coffee maker and fridge. Rates start at $80 per night.

link gacor

September 9, 2009

Even in October, We are Still Going to Ibiza

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

IbizaFor the clubbing enthusiasts Ibiza is the best place to spend their vacation. But during the high season a vacation in Ibiza can very well break your budget. So for those on a rather limited budget, October might just be the perfect month to head to the party island. Ibiza Deals from £141. RT Flight and Accommodation included!

I might be biased when I recommend Ibiza as both a party destination and a budget destination (during the low season). I always loved going clubbing and Ibiza is the place to be regardless of which DJ is the hottest right now. But you don’t have to believe me. This article lists some of the best (and affordable) places to stay, go clubbing, eat and buy souvenirs from.

Other types of deals

In many cases, choosing an all inclusive vacation in such a popular spot is the best way to go. You’ll be saving on the flight and accommodation. Plus, pretty much everything else within the resort is also included so you only need to worry about having fun and checking out the party scene.

If the prices might seem too high or you are used to independent traveling, then book the flight and accommodation separately. Many low-cost carriers offer flights to Ibiza so this part of planning shouldn’t break your budget. If you are not already in Europe, the best way is to fly into London and then catch a low-cost flight to Spain.

When looking for a place to stay in Ibiza you need to know that it’s quite hard to find a cheap hotel in which you plan to actually sleep all night. Most cheap hotels in Ibiza are populated with party goers who spend the night club hopping and sleep all night long. And if the hotel is located near a popular club, you can kiss the sleep good bye. So, start your search with the middle range resorts and see if they have special deals. If that doesn’t work out, look for places located away from the party scene.

Spain is not limited to Ibiza

Yes, out of the Balearic Islands, Ibiza is the most popular vacation destination. But Spain is not limited to the Balearic or the Canary Islands. The mainland offers some interesting places to stay as well. Costa Brava is one of them. It’s a popular summer destination and the deals can be easily found well into September and October. If you search carefully, room rates start at little over €20 per night in early October all over the Costa Brava area.

link gacor

September 8, 2009

Hotels in Daytona Beach are Affordable in Fall

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

daytona beach mainDaytona Beach is a very popular vacation destination which makes us thing of fast cars and sandy beaches. It is also home to a variety of events every single month of the year. Typically, summer and fall months are considered off-season so the prices for both flights and accommodation are lower. Should you decide to plan your vacation during spring or winter – the peak travel season – be prepared to spend some serious money.

Daytona Beach Vacation packages

In general, when we talk about beach destinations it’s a good idea to first consider an all inclusive vacation package before attempting to go the independent travel way. Why? Because not only you save time on searches and on booking commissions but the package also comes with a lot of “extras” so you’ll have to spend money only on additional things to do (outside the resort).

If you choose the independent travel way, firstly you need to decide where you’ll be landing on. Daytona Beach International Airport is the closest airport to Daytona Beach , located at just 3 miles from center. Six airlines fly to/from this airport but they only connect to several airports (Charlotte – Douglas, Atlanta – Hartsfield, Treasure Cay, Marsh Harbour)

The next best option is to choose a large airport, even though it means you’ll be renting a car to get from the airport to Daytona Beach. The busiest airport in the area is located in Orlando. Its popularity is due to the proximity to Walt Disney World but this also means flights to Orlando are cheap and easy to find.

With the flight secured you can now focus on hotels in Daytona Beach. There are budget hotels close to both the race track and the beach so you need to choose depending on what you plan to do during the vacation.

Loads of things to do in Daytona Beach in Fall

The Great American Boat, sport and travel show takes place between September 11 and 13 at the Ocean Center. It’s free for the public and feature expert seminars and speakers on camping, travel destinations, boating and other recreational activities.

If you love the movies but don’t think you’ll be in town for the film festival, don’t miss the Daytona Beach Film Festival Pre-view Party on September 18. The event takes place at the Museum of Arts and Sciences at 7 p.m. Admission is $10 and previews of the films participating at the festival will be shown.

On September 19 everyone can watch free outdoor film at the Cinematique of Daytona. The huge inflatable screen can be found in City Island Park. The event started on April 18. On this night, visitors will be delighted with “Singing in the Rain”.

If you are into jazz music don’t miss the New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival, taking place between September 24 and 27 at several locations throughout the Flagler Avenue shopping district. Admission is $15 (or $20 if you buy the ticket on the day of the event).

daytona beach bikeBiketoberfest is a very popular motorcycle festival taking place between October 15 and 18 in Daytona Beach. All those who love bikes gather for the lovely weather, loads of fun and numerous bikes to admire. Live music, great food, demonstration rides and many more complete the list of events.

Until October 31 the Halifax Historical Society Museum has a special exhibition dedicated to Lawson Diggett, who is famous for creating by hand models of cars, houses and local buildings in Daytona Beach. Entrance is $5 for adults and $1 for children (Tue to Sat from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit Daytona Beach, make sure to book the hotel in advance, particularly if you head here during very popular events or races. In such cases the cheap hotels in Daytona Beach (as well as in the entire area) fill up really quickly.

Nautilus Inn is located directly on the beach, overlooking the ocean. All rooms are equipped with kitchen or kitchenette facilities. Breakfast is free and so is the use of the wireless internet. The hotel offers an outdoor heated pool. Starting with September 7, an ocean view room costs $99 per night (on certain dates the prices are higher, especially during popular events like the Biketoberfest).

Shoreline All Suites Inn offers suites and cottages in a tropical landscape. There’s a pool the guests can use. The rates are lower during the weekdays and are higher on weekend and during popular events. Rates start at $49 per night outside the peak season.

Days Inn Tropical Seas is located in a lovely area perfect for family vacations. The rooms have large balconies, refrigerators, cable TV and fully equipped kitchenette with microwaves. There’s free wi-fi in the inn and the guests can use the pool. Rates start at $69 per night without taxes.

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores – Oceanfront is located close to the race track. The hotel offers a private beach, fitness room and pool. Rates start at $102 per night (if the payment is made in advance).

Best Western Aku Tiki Inn is located right on the oceanfront. Special packages are available including during the Biketoberfest (from $180 per night). The fall special rates start at $99 per night.

link gacor

September 7, 2009

Hotels in Cuba: A Different Experience for Travelers

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cuba mainThe common belief is that Cuba is off-limits for the US travelers. But that’s not true; spending money in Cuba is banned but traveling is not. So, use a third country to make reservations from. Get the round trip airlines tickets from any airport outside the US which offers flights to Cuba and make sure to reserve the hotel as well. But, shhhht, you don’t know this from us, ok?

UK citizens should have a visa before they board the plane, otherwise boarding will be refused. Canadian citizens get a 90 day visa and the possibility to extend it for another 90 days. All those who travel to Cuba must know about the departure tax. It’s paid at the airport when you depart the country and if you don’t have the money (25 Cuban pesos) you’ll run into serious troubles.

With the technical details behind us, let’s take a look at what the country has to offer. The capital of Havana is a cosmopolite city with an interesting nightlife. Baracoa is a beach-side town, just perfect if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of your daily chores. Santiago de Cuba is another interesting coast city and you can feel the Caribbean influence here. Varadero, located east of Havana, is the place where tourists usually choose to spend their vacation. Cuba is also home to some interesting national parks, most of them offering good tourist facilities.

Vacation packages

No matter where you depart from, when you get to Cuba you need to show proof of legal housing for at least two days. They don’t always check at the hotel but make sure to have the name of the place you’ll be staying at written on the back of your tourist card.

Given the “special” issues related to traveling to Cuba, it’s probably the best idea to book an all inclusive vacation package . You’ll be saving money on booking fees and you’ll most likely not spend much while you get to Cuba because most (if not all) services are included in the package.

If you prefer the more adventurous way or decide to check out more than one town, then book your flight and hotel separately. The country’s largest airport is located close to Havana. There are quite a lot of cheap flights to Cuba available as more than 25 airlines fly in and out of the country. And by the way: there are regular flights directly from the US into Cuba, but they are listed as “charter flights” (a very creative way to get around the ban).

Remember that you need to show proof of hotel booking so once you have the flight secured, make sure to book your hotel in Cuba . Cuba is a very cheap destination and you shouldn’t have any issues finding great places to stay. Many restored colonial mansions function as hotels and the rates are very affordable.

Upcoming Events and Festivals in Cuba

There aren’t that many events and festivals in Cuba during this time of the year but that certainly doesn’t mean you’ll be bored here. Turnat 2009 takes place in Zapata Swamp (Matanzas city), between September 14 and 18. It’s a Nature Tourism Event which welcomes travel agencies, tour operators and specialized media as well as tourists from all over the world.

Also in September, Varadero is home to the Varadero Jam Session, a festival of improvisation featuring some of the best jazz musicians both local and from abroad.

In October, Havana is hosting the International Contemporary Music Festival. It’s a great opportunity for those who enjoy classic music. The festival comprises important musicians from Cuba and other parts of the world.

Where to stay

cuba varadero beachNo matter if you plan to stay by the beach all vacation, check out Havana’s hot night life or plan to tour the country, you need to book a hotel before you start your vacation. Here are some ideas from different prices ranges to get you started.

NH Parque Central , Havana: is located in the heart of Old Colonial Havana, surrounded by famous landmarks. The rooms are equipped with AC, minibar and internet connection. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, gym, restaurant and onsite car parking. Rates are not available on the hotel’s website.

Hostal Conde de Villanueva, Havana: is a charming boutique hotel located in a restored mansion. It offers a bar, onsite parking, restaurant and luggage room. All rooms have AC, TV, minibar and safe. The breakfast is included in the room price. Rates start at €68 per night for a standard room.

Hostal El Comendador, Havana: is located to Arms Square and is home to an interesting tavern called Onda. The 18th century building reminds of the Spanish-Muslim houses. Standard room rates start at €69. The rooms are equipped with phone, TV, minibar, private bathroom and safe deposit box. Special honeymoon packages are available.

Iberostar Varadero, Varadero : is a 5-star hotel overlooking the beautiful beaches. Located in a colonial mansion, the hotel offers spa facilities, restaurant and many other facilities fit for a luxury hotel. Rates start from €122.20 per night, all taxes included.

Paradisus Rio de Oro, Guardalavaca: is located in north-east Cuba just 56 km from Havana, in the heart of the Natural Park of Bahía de Naranjo. Each room is equipped with TV, phone and AC. The hotel offers swimming pool, tennis courts, private beach, laundry services and restaurant. Until December 2009, the prices start at $176 per night for a junior suite based on the all inclusive plan.

link gacor

September 4, 2009

In Manhattan, the Hotels are Filled at the Expense of Low Rates

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:09 am

manhattanIn the current economy, the hotel industry has been badly hit by recession. In June 2009, the occupancy rate nationwide was down at 54.6%, the worst figure since 1987 (when Smith Travel Research of Hendersonville, Tenn. started keeping track of it).

But Manhattan has always been a special case on the hotel market. According to an article published by The New York Times online , while at the beginning of the year the occupancy rate went down, in April it was back above 80% and in June it reached 83.3%. Compared to last year, the rate has dropped by 5.6%. Even so, it was the highest occupancy rate nationwide.

The price paid for this high occupancy rate? The room rates were slashed by almost one-third since last year. Room rates went drastically down all over the US, but in Manhattan they only fell by 9.7%. While nationwide the room rate was $96.77 a night in June, in Manhattan it was just under $200. Good for the tourists, but not so good for the hoteliers. While the visitors keep coming, the revenue per available room has fallen one-third.

After the AIG outcry last year, business executives are reluctant to spend too much money on hotels which spell out luxury and self-indulgence images. For fear of being dragged in front of the Congress to explain what they did with the money, executives prefer to avoid the high end hotels. And as a result, such hotels start slashing rates to keep the business flowing.

The low rates are a good short term strategy. They encourage tourists to switch destinations and head to the cheapest one. However, the hotel rates were already low for corporate clients, so they start to demand even lower rates. Plus it would probably take years for the rates to get back to the level they were before the recession. Once a hotel charges a $150 rate it’s hard to demand $350 next year.

In order to keep costs down, hotel operators stopped offering some of the free services. For example, Hersha Hospitality Group – which managed 10 hotels in New York – stopped offering free newspapers and reduced the time during which guests can eat breakfast. But in an effort to keep costs low, it’s important to keep the customers satisfied.

The low rates do keep hotels in business, but only generate enough money to pay the debts. Even so, some hotels in Manhattan defaulted while those which were about to open have postponed the opening date.

link gacor

September 3, 2009

Costa Brava Hotels are Cheap in September

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

costa brava mainLocated in the northeast of Spain, Costa Brava offers tourists a mix of rocky cliffs, pebble and sandy beaches, charming fishing villages and hidden gems. While most visitors come here for the incredible whether and lovely summer resorts, some tourists also take time to explore the area.

For those allow some time for explorations, there are some interesting fishing villages which are worth the time. Calella de Palafrugell also doubles as a family resort, while Tossa de Mar is definitely a well hidden gem. The charming village is home to some interesting 12th century buildings and also offers lovely beaches where you can dive.

Package deals

When it comes to spending your vacation in a destination known for the summer resorts, the best bet is to look for European vacation packages . You’ll not only be able to save money on the flight and accommodation, but most likely find some incredible deals as well.

Unless you choose the package, another option is to arrive on a Ryanair flight and land of Girona Airport. It’s a small airport but receives low-cost flights from plenty of European cities. Alternatively, you can choose a flight to Barcelona . Barcelona International Airport is a focus city for several airport airlines so there are quite a lot of chances to find good deals.

Once you’ve figured out the transportation, it’s time to look for a place to stay. There are quite a lot of towns to choose from so finding cheap hotels in Costa Brava is not that hard, especially if you plan to spend your vacation here towards the end of the summer season. Give special attention to hotels in Lloret de Mar . The resort is large and popular among tourists. Although, typically, the prices can be on the high side, as the summer ends, the deals are plentiful.

Festivals in Costa Brava

costa brava gironaSeptember is a very busy month in the region and the tourists will find a lot of festivals and events to check out. In Ribes de Freser, on the first Sunday of September tourists and locals can admire the shaggy haired dogs at the Sheepdog Contest. There are three tests the dogs must pass.

One of the most important festivals in the area is Dance of the Giants and takes place in Olot, on September 8th. The event takes place in the central square and comprises giant and giantess which follow a tune and dance.

Each year in September, Girona is home to the Costa Brava Vintage Car Caravan. The event lasts for four days and the drivers need to own cars which have been registered before December 1930 in order to participate in the event. The pace of the caravan allows for stops to enjoy incredible meals and do some sightseeing.

On the second fortnight of September you can watch the Pedal Festival in Girona. The race’s history goes back 30 years. The number of participants increased over the years and now it’s expected that over 6,000 cyclists take part in the event.

The Gala of Campdevànol takes place on September 17th and 18th and evokes feudal times. It’s a colorful and symbolic remembrance of the droit du seigneur.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit the area, finding a cheap hotel is a must. You can look for hotels in the large resorts but sometimes those deals are better found within a package. And there’s also the possibility to look for places to stay in one of the small village. In this case, it’s worth looking into renting a car for the duration of your stay.

Aiguaclara Hotel : is a small boutique hotel located in the center of Begur. All rooms have AC, TV and the hotel offers wi-fi, terrace, restaurant and bar. Outside the high season, the room rates start at €80 per night for a double junior room.

Hotel Restaurante Sa Punta is located in Pals, close to Girona Airport (40 minutes). The hotel offers a restaurant and a swimming pool. During the low season the rate for a standard double room starts at €136.

Golden Bahia Tossa has been operating since 2003. All rooms feature a balcony, AC, phone, TV and coffee maker. The buffet breakfast is included in the room price. Room rates start at €121 per night for a double room.

Aquarium Hotel is located in the center of Lloret De Mar, very close to the beach. It offers a restaurant and a swimming pool. Room rates start at €89 and the rooms can only be booked via online booking websites.

Hotel Alhambra is located in the tourist area in Santa Susanna, close to the city center and the beach. The hotel offers a swimming pool, sauna and gym. Room rates start at €66. Rooms can be booked online.

link gacor
« Newer PostsOlder Posts »

Powered by WordPress