Hotels.bootsnall.com

August 17, 2009

Bournemouth Hotels are Affordable Now

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

BournemouthBournemouth has been a spa resort town for over 100 years. It all started with the cream of Victorian society which discovered this lovely English town and flocked here for some R&R. The first hotel – which offered spa treatments – was built in 1885 and ever since the town has grown into a thriving spa resort filled with both posh hotels and affordable places to stay.

Apart from spending time on the beach or enjoying spa treatment, Bournemouth also offers some art galleries and museums. And it’s the home of St. Peter’s Church, the famous church where Mary Shelly –author of Frankenstein – is buried.

Planning the budget: flights and accommodation

If your plans include enjoying some spa treatments, it might be a good idea to start your search with the European vacation packages . Such travel packages include, besides the flight and accommodation, at least a spa treatment, so they offer good value for money.

If you plan to visit other British cities before heading to Bournemouth, it’s wise to book the flight and accommodation separately. The city does have its own airport but is small and receives flights only from one city in the UK (Edinburgh) and several other European cities. Most travelers choose a flight to London and then rent a car and drive to Bournemouth. There’s also the possibility to take a bus or train from London.

As for finding accommodation, it’s easy to find hotels in Bournemouth to match any budget. You can stay in cheaper hotels and use the money saved on accommodation to pay for a stylish spa treatment at one of the high end resorts.

Events and festivals near Bournemouth

Held in early September, The Great Dorset Steam Fair is recognized as the World’s leading steam and vintage vehicle preservation event. Traditionally, the event is held at the village of Tarrant, which can be reached by train or bus. There’s something for everyone, including very good music. Entrance tickets cost £13.50 (adult) but you’ll have to pay another ticket to attend the concerts. It is possible to camp on site and the fare is £13.00 per night per unit (minimum 2-nights stay and Sunday September 6th is free).

Where to stay

Whether you plan to visit Bournemouth just to escape the hustle and bustle of London or to enjoy some spa treatments, you need to find accommodation which matches your budget and expectations. The town is small and can be easily tackled on foot so you don’t need to look for hotels in too many areas.

Premier Inn Bournemouth Central : is offering some stunning sea views. The rates start at £75 per room per night during the weekdays and £89 per room per night during the weekends. They also have special offers available. The breakfast is not included in the room rate and costs £7.95.

Ramada Encore Bournemouth : offers rooms equipped with AC, coffee maker, TV and internet connection. There are 113 rooms available for the guests. Room rates start at £89 per night and include the buffet breakfast.

Best Western Montague Hotel : offers 31 rooms, all with free wi-fi, TV and hairdryer. Parking is also free and during the summer months the guests can use the outdoor heated pool. The rates start at £72 per room and don’t include breakfast (from £84.60, breakfast included).

The Hostel Inn : offers rooms with both private and shared bathroom. Some room rates include breakfast. The single and double rooms with bathroom en-suite are equipped with TV, coffee maker and hair dryer. Prices start at £60 per room.

Hotel Collingwood : is located close to the beach and the city center. There are 53 rooms available for the guests, all equipped with TV, phone and coffee maker. Prices depend on the season. From September until December the rates range from £48 to £64 per room per night during the weekdays and £95- £140 during the weekends.

link gacor

August 14, 2009

Hotels Emptier in Lisbon and All Over Portugal

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

lisbonPortugal has a rich and vibrant culture, offering charming cities, sandy beaches and beautiful countryside to visit. Its capital, Lisbon, is a thriving European city, famous for its limestone buildings, stunning views of the ocean and extraordinary culture.

But just like all other popular European travel destinations, Portugal has been hit by the economic crisis. According to this article published by The Portugal News Online , in May this year the hotel occupancy rates were down 15.6% in comparison to last year. According to the Portugal’s Statistic Institute (INE), in May 2009 3.2 million people spent a night in one of Portugal’s hotels. However, the number of foreign tourists visiting Portugal dropped by 18.3%. Domestic tourism hasn’t dropped that sharply but has also been down since May last year (with 7.8%).

The Algarve took the worst hit, followed by Lisbon

The Algarve took the worse hit, with the visitors numbers dropping by 20% in May 2009 compared to the same month last year. Lisbon and Madeira are not far behind, with the numbers dropping by 16%.

The Algarve is the southernmost region of Portugal and back in the 1960s has become a very popular tourist destination, particularly for the British. The area is home to some incredible beaches, beautiful natural landscapes and popular golf courses. The mild climate has made the area popular among Northern Europeans who want to escape the colder climates and soak up the sun.

Lisbon is the perfect vacation destination if your plans include visiting museums, spending the nights out clubbing and exploring the historic neighborhoods. The first thing to do when you get in Lisbon is to hop on tram no. 28. It will take you by some of Lisbon’s most famous sites. Then you can decide which ones you want to explore in detail. One of the city’s hidden gems is, definitely, the Botanic Gardens where you can admire flowers and trees from all over the world.

When we talk about the average room price paid in May 2009 versus May 2008, it also dropped from €35 last year to €26 this year.

Between January and May 2009, the number of nights booked in Portugal fell by 9.7% compared to the same period last year, while the number of guests staying in Portugal dropped by 6.7%. The numbers are about the same all over Europe, as the World Tourism Organization (OIT) documented a 10% drop for the same period.

Regarding the nationality of visitors coming to Portugal, most are British, followed by Germans, French, Spanish, Dutch, Irish and Italian.

Although the drop in visitors is not good for the economy, it does trigger a drop in room prices which means Portugal, and particularly Lisbon, becomes affordable for more tourists.

link gacor

August 13, 2009

Book a Boston Hotel and Enjoy the Historic City and Its Festivals

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

boston mainThe capital of Massachusetts, Boston, is one the most historic and influential cities in the United States. Famous for its museums, sports teams, great shopping and live performances, the city draws 16.3 million visitors a year.

The weather in Boston is unpredictable and many choose to visit the city in late spring or early fall. Early summer is also nice but you never know when that starts and when the summer heat hits, it gets quite uncomfortable because of the humidity. Fall foliage in Boston is at near peak by mid-October so if you love to see the change of the seasons now it’s the perfect time to enjoy the crisp sunny days and the nature.

Expenses: accommodation and flight

When planning your vacation in Boston, it might not be the best idea to look for all inclusive vacation packages . However, the packages offered by hotels might be good choices especially for a short stay. They often comprise the accommodation, breakfast and some activity.

But when it comes to such a large and interesting city, it’s a better idea to plan the flight and accommodation independently. This will allow for plenty of freedom to include a lot of events in your schedule and even plan some day trips.

There are two airports serving Boston and choosing the best one for you depends on your final destination. Both receive cheap flights to Boston so it’s not a hassle to browse the offers. Logan International Airport is the most common gateway into the city though. It’s a focus city airport for r American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, US Airways and JetBlue Airways which means you can start your search with these airlines and see what offers they currently have.

When it comes to finding hotels in Boston your most important goal should be to find a balance between the location, facilities and price. Unfortunately, like in the case of all touristy cities, staying in the city center means you’ll be paying a lot for the location. The city is made of a lot of neighborhoods but you need to be careful and look for hotels which are located within the city limits.

What to do: festivals and free concerts

boston festivalThe first week of September marks the start of a series of free concerts hosted by the New England Conservatory.

The Annual Taste of Boston is a festival of food, music and entertainment for the entire family. It takes place on September 20 and 21 at City Hall Plaza. For those who enjoy tasting wine, there’s a Grand Tasting Area which includes almost 200 wineries. The kids can enjoy the many activities planned while the parents can attend concerts.

Between September 18 and 24, you can attend the Boston Film Festival, where, traditionally, many popular movies have premiered.

Where to stay

No matter why you plan to visit Boston, you need a place to stay. Ideally, it should be located close to the center, have at least some facilities and not cost an arm and a leg.

Doubletree Guest Suites Boston : is a luxury suite 3-star hotel, located along the scenic Charles River and offering stunning views of the city. The hotel offers a fitness room and an indoor heated pool. Special packages are available. Prices start at $169 per room per night, with breakfast included (but can be lower if the room is paid in full when booked).

Holiday Inn Express Boston : is located two miles from downtown. Free breakfast, free internet and free local calls are offered by the hotel. The kids eat free as well. There’s a fitness room in the hotel. All rooms are equipped with microwave and fridge. Prices start at $120 per room per night (standard room).

Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park Boston : is located next door to Fenway Park (home of Boston Red Sox) and just half a mile from downtown. They offer 94 rooms, all equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers and ironing boards. There’s free internet within the hotel. Special offers are available. Prices start at $156 per room per night (taxes included).

Constitution Inn : is located on downtown Boston Waterfront, close to the restaurants. They offer 147 rooms and most have kitchenette. Free internet is available in the library and lobby. Prices start at $179 per room per night (web special price).

Midtown Hotel : is located in downtown Boston, in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay. Special packages are available. For example, Tour de Boston package includes 2-night accommodation, breakfast and a guided bicycling tour of Boston. The price is $185 per person (from June to October) and is based on a double occupancy room.

link gacor

August 12, 2009

Fixed Budget? No Problem. Italy Hot Deals Are For Any Budget

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

romeIs your budget limited but you are itching to go somewhere? Then you are in the right place. Europe is great this time of the year. The high season is almost over and the crowds are not overwhelming each attraction anymore. Maybe you always wanted to visit Italy. Now you’ve got the perfect excuse. How about a vacation in Rome? Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!

Many argue that Italy’s capital is crowded and is not exactly the right place to enjoy a relaxed vacation. But allow a bit of time to get to know it. Stay away from the crowded places and hit the streets in the evening when the weather cools down. And you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for accommodation only. Times Online lists six budget hotels in Rome and I’m sure you’ll find at least one which will appeal to you (and your budget).

But for the first time travelers to Italy I would highly recommend choosing an Italy vacation package . You spend less time booking the flight and the hotel plus you will end up saving some money (and not just the commissions). Typically, such packages are created for at least 5 days and most are based on 7 days plans.

If you happen not to have so many days available for an impromptu vacation, you can always check out the cheap flights to Rome and book a flight. If the fares seem a bit on the high side, you can always try to fly into another large Italian city and then take the train to Rome. As for a place to stay, remember to browse the hotels in Rome and read about the facilities before you decide where to stay. You might also want to consider a relaxing vacation at Lake Como in Italy. The cost? About £400-500pp.

Other European destinations are cheap too

Or you can look into a different country altogether. How about heading to Cyprus at the end of August? Seven nights, including breakfast, start at £450pp and the price includes the direct flight from Gatwick.

This time of the year is perfect for exploring plenty of European countries. You can catch a couch tour of Germany and visit Prague (Czech Republic) as part of it. Prague has ranked quite high among traveler for the past years. However, due to the economic crisis, the hotel prices are going down. And that’s only good news for those on a limited budget. It’s possible now to stay at hotels which used to be quite expensive several months back.

If your budget is lower you can consider a 5-day coach tour of Paris. Or seven nights in Ibiza, with buffet breakfast and flights from Leeds/Bradford included. Price tag? £300-400pp. Everyone knows Paris as the most romantic European city. While Ibiza is the party destination for those who enjoy clubbing. Mix that with the sun and sand and you’ve got the perfect vacation getaway for those young and willing to party all night long. And just like in Prague’s case, the prices are starting to be affordable for more categories of travelers.

link gacor

August 11, 2009

Hurry Up and Book a Blackpool Hotel before the Summer is Over

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

blackpool towerBlackpool is Britain’s number one resort. The two biggest attractions are: Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Blackpool Tower. Although the resort also offers a vibrant nightlife, endless beaches and numerous amusement arcades.

Blackpool is a summer destination. During July and August temperatures regularly top 20C / 68F. But the summer season is not that long, since late August already sees colder days and by September the temperatures average 16C / 61F. As a result, the town has used the Blackpool Illuminations light show to extend the season into the autumn months.

All inclusive vacation packages

Generally speaking, when we plan to stay in a beach resort, the easiest thing to do is look for all inclusive vacation packages . The flight is taken care of, so is the accommodation and you need to worry much about anything than enjoying the weather and not missing the meals. Sounds, sweet, eh? If you plan to spend all your time between the hotel, restaurant and the beach, you really don’t need to worry about spending any other money than what you already paid.

However, there are many travelers who don’t mind spending some time on the beach but they surely need other activities to fill the day. For them, the easiest choice is to book the flight and hotel separately. Thanks to its location, Blackpool can be easily reached from several large cities, which are served by international airports. Most travelers choose a flight to Manchester and then travel to Blackpool by train (via Preston) or by rental car.

Then you need to find a hotel in Blackpool . Since the city is small, there aren’t many neighborhoods to choose from. It’s a good idea to stay away from the city center if you want some quiet nights. Resorts can be quite expensive so look for discounts and packages if you really want to stay in such a place.

What to do: shows and events

Blackpool IlluminationsIf you like the Circus, then go to the Blackpool Towers Arena. There are shows taking place daily during August and September. A ticket costs £8.25.

On September 1 you can get a sneak preview of the Ride the Lights at Blackpool Illuminations. Between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. you can ride a bike and see a section of the Lights, between Starr Gate and Red Bank Road. The lights are turned on officially on September 4. The lights can be seen for 66 days.

Between September 10 and 13, the CEV European Championship Tour Beach Volleyball takes place at St Chads Headland, a newly reconstructed venue on the Promenade.

If you love fireworks then you need to be in Blackpool on September 6, 11 and 18 for the World Fireworks Championships. The events take place from 8:30 p.m. on the Promenade.

Where to stay

No matter why you plan to visit Blackpool, you need a place to stay which is close to all the activities. And it would be wonderful to find something within a decent price range. Since Blackpool is a very popular weekend destination, it’s a good idea to plan your vacation during the weekdays. But if your schedule doesn’t allow for that, make sure to book your room in advance (and expect higher prices over the weekend).

Kings Hotel is located close to the Promenade and is definitely a good place to stay if you are young. The hotel offers a game room with a pool table and game machines. All rooms have central heating, TV and coffee/tea maker. An adult can stay here for £25 per night, breakfast included. Special discounted rates are available mid-week.

The Beechfield Hotel is situated in a peaceful location in the town center. The hotel offer 59 rooms, a bar, a lounge and a dining room. During the weekdays, the price is £20 per night for an adult. Packages and special offers are available. For example a weekend (2 nights) costs £69 per night for an adult if you plan to stay between August and November. Breakfast is included in the room price.

Big Blue Hotel is a 4-star hotel located on Pleasure beach. It can be the best place to escape for a family vacation or a weekend trip. There are 157 rooms available for the guests, all with free wi-fi access, TV, coffee maker and AC. A double room costs £79 per night, breakfast included.

Best Western Carlton Hotel offers panoramic views of the beaches and is within short walk of Blackpool Town Centre, Blackpool Tower and Winter Gardens. All rooms have TV, coffee maker, free wi-fi and hairdryer. The hotel offers free parking, two restaurants and a bar. Prices for a double room start at £60.00 per night.

Premier Inn Blackpool Central might not be right in the center of the town but is a good option. Prices start at £65 per room, per night both during the weekdays and weekends. A full breakfast costs £7.50 and there’s wi-fi on the property for a small fee. Parking is free.

link gacor

August 10, 2009

Book a Biloxi Hotel in Time to Attend the Seafood Festival in September

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

biloxiBiloxi is a famous vacation spot on the Gulf Coast. After the 2005 hurricanes, the city is still trying to get back to normal. A lot of the popular casinos and beaches are open for the public although some attractions are still closed.

Besides spending time on the beach or trying your luck in the casinos, Biloxi is also home to some interesting sights. It is recommended to ask around to figure out which are open for public though. And you can always plan to spend some time at Edgewater Mall, where you can find about 100 stores and a food court.

Vacation packages – a good idea?

Many parents think that family vacation packages are limited to trips to Disneyland or another theme park. But that’s not true at all. Kids will learn a lot from just about any place they visit. Biloxi is a lovely beach destination and with New Orleans close by, there’s always the chance to learn something new.

You cal always plan to fly into New Orleans and spend some time checking out the city. Then, rent a car and head to Biloxi.

When it comes to searching for accommodation in Biloxi, you should know that although the city is not large, thanks to being such a vacation hotspot, there are a lot of hotels in Biloxi to choose from and which match any budget. Just make sure that the preferred hotel is open. Do remember that Biloxi is a summer destination so if you want to avoid the high room rates, it’s better to travel during fall.

What to do: Biloxi Seafood Festival and Cruisin’ the Coast

If you happen to love seafood, there’s no better time to visit Biloxi than on September 12 and 13. The city is home to Biloxi Seafood Festival, an ode to seafood cooked in many different ways. There’s also plenty of entertainment for the entire family. You can listen to live music or participate in different fun events. You might want to watch the fishing rodeo as well. On these days the JL Scott Marine Education Center and Maritime & Seafood Industry Museum can be visited for free.

Between October 4 and 11, Biloxi is home to Cruisin’ the Coast festival. It is centered on classic and hot rod cars but the entertainment is also excellent. Plus you can win an antique car through a raffle. And it’s the perfect opportunity to try the excellent cuisine.

Where to stay

No matter why you choose to visit, you need a place to stay. If you bring your family, it might be a good idea to choose a resort. Otherwise, a cozy inn might just be the perfect place to stay.

Ramada Limited-Biloxi Beach is located right across the beach. It offers free continental breakfast and free parking. There’s internet available for free and all local calls made are free as well. The property has a swimming pool and you’ll find coffee makers in all rooms, as well microwaves and fridges. A double room costs about $95 per night (all taxes included).

Comfort Inn Biloxi is located close to the beaches, casinos, attractions and the mall. All rooms offer free internet and they are equipped with microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. A double room in September costs $140 per night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi is located close to the beach and attractions. The breakfast is included in the room price. There’s free wi-fi available on the property and all guests can park their cars for free. There’s an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center available for the guests as well. All rooms are equipped with coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Room rates start at $120 per night.

Palace Casino Resort is a 4 diamond resort which overlooks Biloxi Back Bay and the Golf of Mexico. The resort offers promotions year round so make sure to check their website often.

Best Western Cypress Creek is located near the casinos. A lot of shops and restaurants are within easy reach as well. The breakfast is included in the room rate. Guests can use a fitness room, an outdoor pool and a tennis court. Special offers are available.

link gacor

August 7, 2009

Fall in Hotel Occupancy Rates Trigger Travel Bargains in Orlando

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

orlandoFor most travelers, Orlando is synonymous with Disney World and other theme parks. July and August are some of the busiest months in Orlando since family with children plan their vacations outside the school year. March and April are also busy months in Orlando but not because of the children’s vacation. This time is all related to the weather. Dry days, clear skies and pleasant temperatures represent the perfect setting for a great vacation.

While, in general, during summer the prices are not as high as during the winter holidays, it’s not common to see room rates under $50 either. According to this article published by the Miami Herald room rates on hotel booking websites range between $29.40 at the Continental Plaza Hotel in Kissimmee and $139 at the posh Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee.

And that’s not all. Along with the drastic cuts in room rates, theme parks and restaurants also offer a lot of discounted deals since the year begun. But the economy is not the only reason this is happening. Late last year the “Orlando Makes Me Smile” campaign was launched by the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau which encourages members to offer discounts to customers. These may come in many forms, including: extra night at a hotel/motel after paying for 2 or 3 nights, free meals for children accompanied by paying adults, or discounts for those who enjoy playing golf. Those are definitely the simplest deals on the market, but theme parks lately have come up with complex offers meant to entice anyone who still has the urge to travel.

Theme parks offer special packages too

The main reason to visit Orlando is the possibility to spend time in one of the theme parks.

SeaWorld Orlando includes the biggest rollercoaster in Orlando as well as water-based attractions. This summer they offer packages which include hotel stays, parks admissions and meal plans.

Walt Disney World is, by far, the most famous recreational area near Orlando. It includes four theme parks, two water parks, hotels, dining and shopping districts, golf courses and many more. And this summer their deals include increasing the length of the stay.

Other interesting parks to check out include: Universal Orlando Resort – includes two theme parks, hotels and a shopping district -, Aquatica – a water park close to SeaWorld – , Discovery Cove – where you can interact with dolphins – , Gatorland , and even a biblical-themed park called Holy Land.

Despite the rocky economy, last year Orlando reported a gain in visitors of 0.3%. There was an increase in the number of international travelers, by 18.9%. However, 2009 has not been a good year so far. During the 4th of July weekend, hotels reported occupancy rates falling 11.8% to 60.6% compared to last year.

link gacor

August 6, 2009

Book a Berlin Hotel before the Marathon and Art Fair

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

BerlinBerlin is a large city, popular for its nightlife, cafes, art and cultural events. Having been badly damaged during World War II, Germany’s capital has been entirely reconstructed. A walk in the city will take the visitor by medieval buildings as well as ultra-modern glass structures.

Changes happen at an amazing rate in Berlin, even years after the Wall fell. New hotels are popping up and neighborhoods change a lot. What used to be a neighborhood filled with budget hotels last year might have become the newest posh area where luxury hotels can be found.

Vacation packages in Berlin? Are you serious?

As mentioned, Berlin is a large city, constantly changing and adding new places to stay. In such a case, it’s a good idea to start your search by browsing the hottest deals available. Even if the idea of a European vacation package might not sound right for visiting Berlin, you should consider that you need both a way to get to Berlin and a place to stay in the city. So, instead of checking multiple websites and losing a lot of time and money booking the flight and accommodation, you can book both of them on a single site and most likely get a good discount as well.

However, vacation packages tend to comprise at least 5 to 7 days of accommodation. In case you cannot get so many days off or plan to visit Berlin only for a weekend gateway, you can book the flight and hotel separately. Cheap flights to Berlin are not very hard to find especially since a low-cost carrier has a hub here. If you need to catch a trans-Atlantic flight to get to Berlin, it’s wise to check if you could fly into London or Paris first and then catch a low-cost flight into Berlin.

Once the flight is secured, you’ll need a place to stay. Hotels in Berlin cater for all budgets and it doesn’t take too long to find a hotel suitable for you. Being such a large city, Berlin has multiple “city centers” so there are quite a lot areas in the city where you can hunt for budget hotels.

What to do: the marathon and an art fair

Berlin marathonBerlin-Marathon takes place on September 19 and 20 (2009) and is one the largest marathons in the world. As many as 500,000 runners and skaters come to compete in Berlin. Even if you don’t train to run a marathon, it’s an interesting experience to see the runners finishing such an event.

Art Forum Berlin is a major cultural event which comprises 130 galleries from the entire world. Between September 24 and 27 (2009) the galleries will be presenting their stars and newcomers. During the festival, the Berlin museums, galleries and private art institutions will offer a varied program of exhibitions.

Where to stay

No matter if you visit Berlin because you want to attend the events or you come here for the night life, it’s important to find a place to stay which is within your budget and in a good location.

City Pension Berlin is located in central Berlin, between Messe Berlin, the Kurfurstendamm and German Opera. The hotel offers 20 rooms and the breakfast is included in the room prices. There’s wi-fi in the lobby and in the rooms. A double private room costs about €68 per night in September.

Hotel Messe is located in the heart of Berlin, opposite the fair group. It offers quick access to the public transport system so you can reach any part of the city easily. The hotel offers 30 rooms, all equipped with TV, phone and offering Internet access. Breakfast is included in the room price. A double private room costs €60 per night in September.

Hotel Bernstein is located in western Berlin, in a central position. Numerous shops and restaurants are located close-by, on Kurfurstendamm, the most famous shopping mile in Berlin. There are 25 rooms available and breakfast is included in the room price. A double room with shared bathroom costs €94 per night in September.

MEININGER Hotel Berlin Meininger Strasse is located in central Berlin with quick access to the public transport. The all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast costs €4.50. There’s a game room and a kitchen for the guests to use. A double room with shared facilities costs €52 per night in September.

Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel is located between a trendy shopping area and the famous Berlin sights. It offers singles, doubles and studios (with kitchen). There’s a lovely roof terrace and a pool to enjoy during summer and an interesting lounge to spend time during winter. The all-you-can-eat breakfast costs €5.50. A double room with ensuite bathroom costs €92 per night in September.

link gacor

August 5, 2009

Luxury is Now Affordable in Mexico

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

cancunFor North Americans, Mexico is the paradise where everything is possible and the weather is incredible. It’s where we flock during Spring Break and where we want to stay when it gets cold home. While, in general, Mexico is an affordable vacation, we can’t exactly say the same about the luxury resorts. Until you here about what I’ve just discovered. With gorgeous weather year round, Cancun is the best place to go even during the wet season.article about the best luxury hotels in Cancun , which will probably make you book a vacation and pack your bags in an instant!

If you think you cannot afford a luxury vacation in Mexico, the current economical issues coupled with the low tourist season are really working for you. This means Mexico vacation packages are downright cheap up until the high season begins. If, for whatever reason, packages are not your favorite way to book a vacation, then you can look for flights to Mexico and combine them with budget hotels in Cancun to create your own customized vacation package.

As you already know by now, the best prices in Mexico can be found during the low season (mid-April to mid-December). If you are heading to one of the beach destinations during the very popular travel months of July and August, you’ll probably see some high prices, unless you manage to find a good deal in advance.

Such a destination is Acapulco, the second most popular Mexican spring break getaway, as well as a world renowned beach destination. The breathtaking coast area is the major attraction here but so are the luxury resorts. The night life is vibrant and the opportunities to have fun are endless. With a bit of planning though, you can find link gacor

August 4, 2009

Hot Weather and Great Hotel Deals in Barcelona

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

barcelona la ramblaLocated on the Mediterranean Coast, Barcelona mixes in a unique way the atmosphere of a large metropolis with the vibrating lifestyle of a beach destination. Barcelona has always been a dreamland for backpackers thanks to offering a lot of places to stay and things to do without having to get a second mortgage to afford a vacation here. Of course, if you really want to, you can spend a fortune in Barcelona.

Barcelona’s “backbone” is La Rambla , the street where you can find cafes, restaurants, performers, flower sellers and …the beaches very close by. Particularly during August, Barcelona is teaming with tourists, but at the same time quite a lot of restaurants close their doors for the summer vacation. On the plus side, accommodation is quite cheap and you are bound to bump only into tourists – the Spaniards are on vacation, busy soaking up the sun.

Vacation packages suitable for Barcelona?

When it comes to visiting a large city for the first time, it’s always a good idea to start your search with the hot deals available. Of course you can always check out the cheap flights to Barcelona and then find a hotel in Barcelona which offers the facilities you need. However, looking for those independently will cost you both time and money. Even if you are not a major fan of Europe vacation packages , you can still check out the deals available and you might be in for a nice surprise.

Generally speaking, the vacation packages include the round trip flight, the hotel and sometimes the rental car. But in Barcelona you really don’t need a car at your disposal. The public transport system is great and the city can be explored on foot as well, especially if you decide to stay close to the sights. You can look for cheap hotels close to La Rambla but avoid the ones on the street if you really want to sleep during the night.

It is a good idea to book in advance particularly if you plan to visit Barcelona during the peak summer months. However, last minute traveling is particularly encouraged when the economy is still shaky. Both hotels and airlines prices seem to drop every week so you might be able to find some incredible deals if you are patient and flexible.

What to do

Each year, between August 15 and 21, the neighborhood of Gràcia celebrates the Feast of the Assumption. The streets are filled with colorful decorations. Live music, theatre performances, incredible street food and fireworks keep the locals and visitors entertained.

Festes de la Mercè is the main annual festival which takes place in Barcelona on September 24. It celebrates the city’s patron saint, the Virgin de la Merce. The celbrations begin two days earlier with the parade of the giants (giant wooden figures, operated by people, walk along the city’s streets). There are also concerts, sports events and beautiful fireworks. The highlight of the festival is the competition which determines which group of people can form the highest human tour. Make sure to be in Placa de Sant Jaume to watch this fantastic display of strength.

Where to stay

Regardless of your reasons to visit Barcelona, it is a good idea to look for a hotel located in the city center. If you are not fond of partying all night, avoid the hotels located on La Rambla. There are a lot of cheap options close to the main boulevard, but away from the noise and party atmosphere.

AAE Hotel Orleans Barcelona : You will find 9 AAE hotels in Barcelona, located in different neighborhoods. This one is located in between the beach and the trendy bars, so you are close to everything. A night in a double room with bathroom ensuite costs about €70.

Best Western Hotel 54 is located near the Barceloneta beach and just 15 minutes walk from La Rambla. The hotel offers 27 rooms and most of the rooms delight the traveler with an incredible view of the city. All rooms have private bathroom, AC, phone, safe and TV. The price for a double room starts at €100 per night.

Gran Central Inn is located at the edge of the old town, close to the party area and the beach. It’s suitable for couples looking for intimacy as well as for those on a low budget. Some of the rooms offer ensuite bathroom and there’s AC available. There’s a common kitchen the guests can use. A double room with bathroom ensuite costs about €80 per night.

Hostal SantCarlo is located in the city center, close to La Rambla. There are 10 rooms available for the guests, some with private bathroom. A double room with private bathroom costs about €70 per night, while if you choose a double room with shared bathroom, the price is only about €40 per night.

INOUT hostel is located in the heart of Collserola Park. La Rambla can be reached by metro in only 5 minutes. The hostel offers free wi-fi, a game room, a library and lovely meeting rooms. The breakfast is included in the bed price. The hostel offers 3 little pools and a nice terrace. The hostel offer only dorms (4 to 10 beds) and thanks to its popularity you need to book a bed in advance. In the 10-bed dorm a bed costs about €15 per night.

link gacor
« Newer PostsOlder Posts »

Powered by WordPress