Hotels.bootsnall.com

August 3, 2009

Perfect Time to Book a Hotel in the Exotic and Tourist-Friendly Bangkok

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

bangkok mainFor many of us visiting any place in Asia is going to spell out an exotic and adventurous holiday but we also hope not to experience a too rude introduction to another continent. Thailand, in general, is so tourist-friendly that it may just be the perfect country to start experiencing Asia.

Bangkok, Thailand’s capital, is a large city and also one of the most cosmopolite city in the entire Asia. The hot tropical air combines with the smells which assault you everywhere only to create an incredible experience. One of the things tourists love about Bangkok is that exotic plants and trees grow everywhere. It’s quite a (pleasant) shock particularly to those used seeing roses and apple trees in their back yards.

For the first time visitor, it’s a good idea to stay close to the “Old City” as most of Bangkok’s sights are concentrated here. The temples are among the first places tourists want to see and although there are many in the city, the following three are the most visited: Wat Arun, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho.

Vacation packages in Bangkok?

Especially for those visiting Bangkok for the first time it’s a good idea to start their research with Thailand vacation packages . No matter what you plan to do during your vacation you still need to get to Thailand and also book a hotel in Bangkok . So instead of losing both time and money booking the flight and accommodation separately, you can look for a package which includes them. Plus you might just be lucky and find an incredible discount along the way.

If the deals available don’t work for you – whether you cannot find a flight out of your home town or your travel dates don’t match those comprised in the offer – then you can look for cheap flights to Thailand , particularly to Bangkok. Since the airport is one of the busiest in Asia, you shouldn’t have problems finding a good deal.

What to do

bangkok chinatownAugust is marked by two important events in Bangkok. In the middle of the month you can attend the Bangkok International Fashion Fair, which dates back to the 1980s. The free festival is the perfect thing to check out if you are into fashion and want to see the latest creations by famous designers.

August 12th marks the Queen’s Birthday Celebrations. All festivities take place around the Grand Palace and along Ratchadamnern Avenue. The streets are decorated, there is a lot of dancing to see and the atmosphere is that of colorful and joyful celebration.

If you happen to be in Bangkok in September don’t miss the Food Festival in Chinatown. Needless to say you’ll be able to eat a lot of authentic Thai food. There’s also live music so the party atmosphere is complete.

Where to stay

Whether you plan to visit Bangkok’s sights or want to experience its events and festivals, it’s a good idea to look for accommodation close to the “Old City” although you will be paying for the location. Khao San Road is known as the main street for backpackers so even if you find a hotel here, it’s going to be a … noisy experience. On the other hand, Sukhumvit Road is a good location if your budget is not enough for a hotel located near the main sights.

Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza : located close to the historical sites and couple of minutes away from Khao San Road, this 2-star hotel offers AC in all rooms. A superior two bed room costs about US$25 per night.

Miami Hotel Thailand is centrally located and close to the public transport, offering quick and easy access to the entire city. A double room costs about US$25 per night.

Smart Suites Hotel is located in the heart of the city and offers 26 rooms. All rooms have private bathroom, TV and fridge, as well as free wi-fi. A standard double room costs US$47 per night.

Admiral Premier Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of Bangkok. It offers 112 studios and suites all equipped with high speed Internet, LCD TV and fully-equipped kitchenette. There’s a rooftop swimming pool which offers some of the best views of Bangkok. And you can also burn off some calories at the gym. A standard double bed room costs US$68 per night.

238 Guest House is located in a picturesque area of the old town Bangkok, just 15 minutes from the Grand Palace. Chinatown and Little India are also close by. All rooms offer a double bed and private bathroom. If you need to do your laundry there are coin-operated machines in the hotel. A double room costs US$49 per night.

link gacor
« Newer Posts

Powered by WordPress