Hotels.bootsnall.com

September 2, 2009

Winter Holidays in Montreal are Cheap

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:11 am

montrealWith summer drawing to its end, now it’s the perfect time to start looking for a place to spend the winter holidays. While some travelers picture a mountain resort where they can ski all day, some want to head to a warm place. And then there are those travelers who thrive in big cities, no matter what season they plan to travel. Especially for them, Montreal can be a great choice. Novotel Montreal Center: 7 nights, $498.00 per person!

With its European flair, reminding tourists of the chic Paris, Montreal is a lively city, mixing the bohemian feel with the glittery skyscrapers to offer the visitors a unique experience. A New York Time’s writer wrote about a weekend in Montreal , giving the readers useful tips on how to enjoy the city during such a short stay.

More deals coming your way

Many families who plan to spend their vacation time together think that they need to head to a theme park or a resort to do. But if you choose a family vacation package to visit a large city, your children will be able to soak up the history and culture. You are providing them a lot of learning opportunities while they have fun.

You can also check out the airlines offers. Combining the discounts for the children with the saved miles for the adults might result in finding a good deal on flights to Montreal . Then all you have to do is look for a hotel in Montreal . There are some good mid-range options right in the heart of downtown but if you want a truly budget place you need to look in other areas, like the Latin Quarter.

With a little bit of research you will be able to find hotels in Montreal for prices starting at $55 per night . During the past year the room rates went down because of the economy. While it’s not the ideal situation for hoteliers, it’s definitely a good time to travel. And the perfect reason to visit cities which otherwise might have seemed a bit too expensive.

Enjoy the Old Montreal

Vieux Montréal (Old Montreal) is the main reason why tourists choose to visit the city. The old cobblestone streets, dotted with charming restaurants, old buildings, the museums and the Old Port create a unique atmosphere which is bound to charm anyone. During summer, Place Jacques-Cartier (the pedestrian streets) fills up with street artists.

The city’s most spectacular church is Basilique Notre-Dame, a gem of gothic architecture. Even if you are not a worshiper, try to show up during the service. The organ music is divine.

The Old Montreal is also filled with a lot of museums, which can keep you occupied for days. The Montréal Science Centre is a must-see if you bring the kids on vacation. Pointe à Callière is another interesting museum to visit, where you can learn the story of Montreal from the first settlers to the present day.

During the winter, head to the Old Port and burn off some calories while ice skating. The rink is open between October and March.

link gacor

September 1, 2009

September is Perfect for Visiting Chicago and Hotels are Cheap

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

chicago mainThe beautiful skyline across the waters of Lake Michigan, the miles of sandy beaches, the incredible music scene and the interesting art make Chicago one of the most interesting cities to visit. However, the weather is not one of the attractions of Chicago. The peak summer months – July and August – are hot and humid, while the winter months are cold, sprinkled with some snow storms. So those who want to experience the city during a mild month can choose between September and May. The lake effect usually prolongs the beautiful autumn until late October and even early November.

Planning your arrival: flight and accommodation

A large city can pose some challenges for the first time traveler and often it’s a good idea to start your search with the vacation packages. With access to beaches, history, culture and music, Chicago is a great destination for families with children, so it makes sense to look for family vacation packages when you start planning your budget. Typically such packages include the flight, accommodation and often some services or show tickets.

If you are a frequent flier and have saved some miles, you can use them when booking the flight to Chicago . There are two major airports to choose from: O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport. There are trains which connect both airports to the city center but you can also check if the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle.

Finding cheap hotels in Chicago can be a bit tricky, especially during the high season. Staying close to the city center means you’d be more than if you chose a place located further from the sites. However, the excellent public transportation system in Chicago makes it very easy to get from the hotel to the main sites, no matter where the hotel is located. If you happen to come here during the low season, it doesn’t hurt to look for hotels located close to the Chicago Loop – a part of downtown where most of city’s attractions are located.

Autumn events in Chicago

chicago haunted villageLabor Day is the last day when the beaches are open until spring. Although the federal offices are closed on this day, many attractions are open and there are quite a lot of activities going on, such as jazz and food festivals.

Chicago Celtic Fest 2009 takes place on September 12 and 13 in Grant Park. There’s music, food and a lot of entertainment. Don’t be afraid to take the kids with you, as there are a lot of interesting things to see and do. Admission is free.

Chicagoween takes place during the entire month of October and there are interesting events all over the city. The highlight is the Haunted Village, located in Daley Plaza in the heart of the Loop.

Where to stay

If you plan to visit Chicago during the festivals, it’s a good idea to look for hotels located close to the venues. If those are sold our or too expensive, there’s always the choice of cheap hotels located further from those areas.

Days Inn Chicago : is located in Lincoln Park, couple of miles from the downtown area. All rooms are equipped with TV, coffee maker, hairdryers, digital laptop safe and free wi-fi. Breakfast is included in the room price. Special packages for families are available for prices starting at $120.70 per night during the weekdays and $90.75 per night during the weekends. Standard rates start at $118.69 per night for a room with double bed.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown : offers 185 rooms in the heart of downtown. Each room is equipped with high speed internet, TV and Sony PlayStation. A lot of packages are available, including some which focus on children (The Children’s Museum Package).

Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago : is located in the heart of the city, close to museums, parks and restaurants. The hotel offers 135 rooms, all non-smoking. Special offers are available, including a package focused on children, with rates starting at $159 per night.

The Talbott Hotel : is a small luxury hotel, located in the heart of Chicago. There are several packages available, including a shopping package which comprises a $50 Gift Certificate to Water Tower Place. Standard room rates start at $449 per night.

Belden-Stratford Hotel : is located in a historic landmark building in Lincoln Park, overlooking the lake. Most rooms have kitchenettes, which comprise microwave, fridge, dishwasher and coffee maker. There’s free wi-fi within the hotel as well. The breakfast is included in the room price. Guests can use the fitness center or try the spa services. The apartments are perfect for large families or a group of friends.

link gacor
« Newer Posts

Powered by WordPress