Hotels.bootsnall.com

October 2, 2009

Average Room Rates in Amsterdam Going Down

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:00 am

amsterdamEarlier this month we talked about the hotel room prices dropping by 20% all over the world and now it’s time to detail the information for a well known European vacation spot.

With its popular cafes, Red Light District, beautiful architecture and no language barrier, Amsterdam has always ranked high among tourists’ choice. But is that enough to keep the occupancy rates and room rates up?

According to this article published by Hospitality.net , the entire Dutch hotel market is suffering from the crisis. All over the Netherlands, the five star hotels took the hardest hit. Occupancy rates dropped from 74.8% in 2007 to 68% last year, while average room rate increased a bit from €178 in 2007 to €180 in 2008. The three and four hotels saw a decline in occupancy rates only since 2008.

In Amsterdam, where the hotel market is mostly dependent on international travelers (and companies) the occupancy rate dropped to 74.9% in 2008 (from 81.4% a year before) while the average room rate decreased to €140 (from €236).

As a direct result of the price drop, the revenues are also falling. The gross operating profit of 3, 4 and 5 hotels in 2008 was 34.9% of total revenues, dropping from 35.9% in 2007.

Over all, in the Netherlands, the average occupancy rate dropped from 72.5% in 2007 to 68.1% in 2008, the strongest drop since 2003. The average room rate dropped from €110 to €105. The study was carried out by Horwath HTL among 288 hotels (3, 4 and 5 star).

The cause of the decline

The cause of the decline can be found in the economic crisis. Company spending all over the world is watched closely and many companies don’t allow their employees to stay in five star hotels anymore.

The future for the hotel market

Hotel managers expect things to start getting better in 2010. As many of 61% of hotel managers expect the hotel market to show signs of recovery in 2010, while a quarter of them are pessimists and expect the market to get better in 2011. But a recover in the room price is not expected until 2011 or even 2012.

As for 2009, it’s expected that the average occupancy rates will continue to fall and the room rates will follow suite. Although signs of recovery are expected in 2010, many hotel managers still predict a decrease in room rates next year.

link gacor

October 1, 2009

Many Festivals and Hotel Deals in Hawaii

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristina @ 1:09 am

hawaii mainHawaii is an incredible vacation destination year round but when the weather starts to turn sour in the Northern Hemisphere, the tiny islands in the Pacific seem even more appealing. You are willing to over look the rather high hotel prices and just want to pack your bags and go.

Hawaii vacation packages

In such a touristy place where the prices are high year-round, choosing a Hawaii vacation package is a good decision. Even if you are the do-it-yourself kind of traveler, you need to realize that: you need a way to get to Hawaii and a place to stay in Hawaii. Searching for them separately costs time and money, while if you book them you’ll always get some discounts. Many packages also comprise the rental car, which is a great choice if you plan to explore the surrounding sights.

Just think about it; although you can find flights to Hawaii which are somewhat affordable, when you add the cost of airfare to the cost of accommodation, things start to get quite expensive. Honolulu International Airport is the main gateway into the Hawaiian islands. Unfortunately, airlines cut back on flights to Hawaii which only adds to the painful experience of finding the right airfare for your needs.

Hotels in Hawaii are notoriously expensive and the only way to find something affordable – both during the high season and low season – is to look for a travel deal.

October Events in Hawaii

One thing is for certain; if you plan to visit Hawaii in October, you will surely have a lot of fun. The Aloha Festivals 2009 continues through the month, celebrating the Hawaiian culture and traditions. The idea for such a festival started in 1946, but the first festival was held in 1947. Nowadays, the festivals comprise the many cultures of Hawaii and nearly 30,000 volunteers participate in staging different events.

The month starts with the Maui County Fair. A lot of events involving the spectators are planned (just make sure to apply on time if you want to participate). The schedule and more details are available on the official website .

Halloween events take place on all major islands; on Oahu, visitors can check out the Hawaii’s Haunted Plantation in Waipahu or watch the Halloween street festival in Downtown Honolulu. On Maui, the events include the Lahaina’s famous Halloween block party and , of course, visiting a haunted house. On the Big Island, there’s a Halloween street festival in Kailua-Kona and a lot of story telling sessions at different venues.

Places to stay

If you plan to visit the islands during the festivals, it’s important to book the accommodation in advance. It’s a good idea to decide first on what island you plan to spend most of the time, so that you can make the plans accordingly.

Maui: Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort : is located in the heart of Lahaina town, close to Front Street. The 1 or 2-bedroom suites include a microwave and refrigerator. There’s wi-fi available throughout the property (including at the swimming pool). The minimum length of stay is 2 nights. Rates start at $145 per night for a garden view room.

Maui: Hana Kai Maui Resort : comprises studios, 1 and 2-bedroom suites, all equipped with kitchens. There’s wi-fi within the property. Rates vary between $185 and $450 per night depending on the room type.

Island of Hawaii: Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village offers incredible views of the Keauhou Bay, 8 swimming pools, 11 tennis courts and a fitness facility. There’s free wi-fi within the resort. Special packages are available. Room rates start at $127.20 per night (discounted rate) for a One Bedroom Gardenview Villa.

Island of Hawaii: Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort offers 2-bedrooom units. There are tennis courts and pools within the resort. The rates start at $120 per night.

Honolulu: Park Shore Waikiki is located on Waikiki Beach, overlooking Diamond Head and Kapiolani Park. The hotel offers 226 rooms and an outdoor swimming pool. Special packages are available. The prices for a standard room start at $89 per night.

link gacor
« Newer Posts

Powered by WordPress